Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bangernomics car of the week/day

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭mcw92

johnos1984 wrote: »
    Already sold:confused:
    Ah i had it open in the browser for ages, prob should have refreshed. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭I Was VB

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Oh yes, bask in its glorious sh!tness :D

Short tax which likely suggests short test but my guess says its owner cant afford a 2 litre car anymore and it probably needs no more than day to day stuff to pass i.e tyres etc. Auto too for a grand.
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2349704

Full?id=7180752

She is in the nude without a taxi sign!! Im tempted!!!! :eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

This KIA has been used as a taxi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Sobanek wrote: »
    This KIA has been used as a taxi.
    what gives it away?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭flash1080

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

flash1080 wrote: »
    I remember when I was about 22 (around 1999'ish), i was doing pretty well for myself and i got a really good offer on a 12 month lease for one of these with the only condition (aside from 10k miles a year) being that i would arrange my own fully comp insurance.

i still wake up with a jump sometimes in the middle of the night with cold sweats and the ringing sound of the hysterical laughter on the other end of the phone when i called my insurance company to ask. :(

flash1080 wrote: »

Openly saying the Saab has been run on the wrong oil, I suppose if it's not knocking should be ok, priced to go anyway.

Googled the number..........

Distinctive Homes Ltd
    Wallstown, Castletownroche, Co. Cork, Ireland

Rescue Facts Ireland
    Calvary Cross,
    Wallstown,
    Castletownroche,
    Co. Cork.
    Tel: 086 - 8177 124

eddie o sullivan (Private seller)
    cork
    ireland
    Phone: 02240896
    Mobile: 0868177124

2005 Renault Megane (Cork) Used Car - Unleaded Petrol

Price : 4,600 Euro
    Mileage : 80000 miles
    Engine size : 1.4 Litre
    Transmission : Manual

2008 Citroen C1 (Cork) Used Car - Unleaded Petrol

Price : 6,900 Euro on offer until 27th
    Mileage : 40600 km
    Engine size : 1.0 Litre
    Transmission : Manual

Used Fiat Cars FOR Sale: Punto, Panda, Multipla: Buy & Sell SECOND ...
    cars.buyandsell.ie/search/wanted/.../-/fiat-brava-12-petrol-2001-16 - CachedTel: 0868177124

Landcruiser 8 seater, Full Leather, nct - Boop Classified Ads buy ...
    www.boop.co.uk/mainim.asp?Action=Call&page...Search... - Cachedcall Eddie 0868177124. Business name: Distinctive Motors Contact:

A right DellBoy :pac:
    Business name Distinctive motors.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭flash1080

At least he's up front about it, a lot of people wouldn't say anything in the ad about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

That Saab is a belter right enough:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

I'd put money on it that head was damaged!! Listen for the tapa tapa... Listen for the tapa tapa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,753 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Manual,Manual,Manual .... Why did it have to be Bloody manual. Some smoker for the money though :D

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2371957

View2?id=7273663

A touch rich maybe but if its as clan as it looks then its not too far off the pace. Bargain at a grand if it is this tidy.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2371299

View2-7270848.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Manual,Manual,Manual .... Why did it have to be Bloody manual. Some smoker for the money though :D

View2?id=7273663

Nice enough bus, but no NCT, and no mention of tax?

For me, something is screaming "Danger, Danger, Will Robinson, Danger!" But that's probably just me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭wersal gummage

Nice enough bus, but no NCT, and no mention of tax?

For me, something is screaming "Danger, Danger, Will Robinson, Danger!" But that's probably just me.

that, and the fact that its done 100 miles in the last two years......

edit - i suppose the NCT might have been done very late and it would be backdated....

Well thank you very very much mr saab ed:rolleyes:.I just had to sell my baby,9-5 earlier this year due to financial difficulties :( and there you go teasing me with this beaut...........................thank yooooooooooouu :mad::p:D

View2?id=7273663

Removed!!! Either it was snaped up or someone is watching :confused::cool::P

see what you did now Mr Ed:D

Cant bate this;)

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2221001

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,384 ✭✭✭✭Esel

jimmyw wrote: »
    see what you did now Mr Ed:D

Cant bate this;)

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2221001
    "All parts available" => you don't get to buy the whole lump for €50.... just bits of it for that price.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,753 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

• Advertisement

Defo worth a peak, 92 so emissions limits are generous too. Always wanted an MR2, would sooner have a rev3 though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭_Conrad_

pain in the ass to do much around the engine though ^^^^

Yeah, that's true, a clutch is a ball ache, so too a belt change, non interference though, I'd be thinking go proper bangernomics on it and do the bare minimum to knock a year out of it and sell it on again in the hope nothing major was needed :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

RoverJames wrote: »
    Defo worth a peak, 92 so emissions limits are generous too. Always wanted an MR2, would sooner have a rev3 though.

Buy one thats all I can say..seriously fun to drive....handles magnificently

Drove down and picked up a 00 Mk2 MR2 Rev 5 down in limerick for 1900 yoyo a month ago, few bits needed doing...namely timing belt and speedometer not working.

Sorted the speedo for 40euro (gearbox sensor) with a lot of cursing trying to remove the old one.

Done the Oil and filter as well and dropped to mechanic to sort the coolant and TB.

Some pics of her when I bought it (she was waxed this weekend [ no pics yet] ):

img8205large.jpg

img8206large.jpg

img8207large.jpg

img8208large.jpg

img8209largea.jpg

img8210large.jpg

img8211large.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,904 ✭✭✭patrickc

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2374991

1999 Hyundai Sonata says with tax and new nct €650

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Buy one thats all I can say..seriously fun to drive....handles magnificently

Drove down and picked up a 00 Mk2 MR2 Rev 5 down in limerick for 1900 yoyo a month ago, few bits needed doing...namely timing belt and speedometer not working.

Sorted the speedo for 40euro (gearbox sensor) with a lot of cursing trying to remove the old one.

Done the Oil and filter as well and dropped to mechanic to sort the coolant and TB.

Some pics of her when I bought it (she was waxed this weekend [ no pics yet] ):

Nice job picking up a Rev 5 for that money, they are a super car, I've owned 2 already, a Rev 1 n/a and a Rev 3 Turbo, if I was giving advice to anyone buying one I'd tell them to go for a Rev 3, 4 or 5 (1994 -> ) Super little car and I would seriously recommend you take a go in a Turbo too, the extra power is great.

Mark! wrote: »
    Nice job picking up a Rev 5 for that money, they are a super car, I've owned 2 already, a Rev 1 n/a and a Rev 3 Turbo, if I was giving advice to anyone buying one I'd tell them to go for a Rev 3, 4 or 5 (1994 -> ) Super little car and I would seriously recommend you take a go in a Turbo too, the extra power is great.

Yeah I did have to put a bit of money into her as the timing belt, etc. lt had no record of being done.

Price:

Timing Belt Kit (including tensioners), Waterpump, Thermostat, Altenator Belt - E250
    Hydraulic Tensioner (from toyota) - E60
    Toyota 4life Coolant 10 litres - E50
    Labour - E200

Just over 600 euros put into her, includes a speedo sensor (used), new chipped key and cig lighter socket (used) . Still a bargain I reckon and I know for a fact this work has been done.

Just have to pick up a new alarm siren,fit my stereo, etc.. but well happy with her. Turbo maybe down the road, I find her very repsonsive when i want her to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Make sure and post pics of her after the clean @eringobragh. Would love one myself.

Make sure and post pics of her after the clean @eringobragh. Would love one myself.

took a few today but camera with GF now ;)...but advice just buy one, they're pretty cheap now, loads on donedeal, you'll know which ones to avoid by looking at them...sure if you end up with a ball of ****e your not going to drop alot of money as they always have a decent scrap value as well. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

bigneacy wrote: »
    Bought myself a bangernomics last night... €450

99 Skoda Octavia 1.6 petrol with NCT (no tax) in fairly good nick (in for a valet as i type) and some nice original Skoda Alloys.

It needs new brakes, a few small aesthetic bits inside (ebay here I come) and a touch of paint to the rear passenger side wing, but apart from that its 100% mechanically!

Full.jpg

So... my bangernomics career has gone out in a blaze of glory - LITERALLY!!!

e9f80.jpg

This is my car on fire at the end of my driveway at 3.30am this morning. Bastards!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement