Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bangernomics car of the week/day

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Simple straight forward cheap motoring.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2378207

Full?id=7300907

nice motor nice price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

.... and you can strap an extra kid in under that front wheel arch :D

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭dubsuperstar

Already sold after 44mins.

Back up for sale again - same pictures, more expensive. Still a good price.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2382472

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Back up for sale again - same pictures, more expensive. Still a good price.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2382472

Probably on for scam no.2

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭dubsuperstar

Theres a victim out there for everything....so me Del Boy Dad says anyway:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Or discovered that the auto box is fcuked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭kermitpwee

I posted this in the classics for a laughh as well:D
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/vintagecars/2376475
    No denying the condition:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭K nacker

kermitpwee wrote: »

Nice set of books :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭thewintermute

kermitpwee wrote: »

Great car, never really took off here. Early Subaru type styling. Overpriced, but worth a punt if it was cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭high horse

Great car, never really took off here. Early Subaru type styling. Overpriced, but worth a punt if it was cheap.

Weren't protons just old mitsubishis? AFAIK this one was based on the Lancer

250px-Lancer_4gen.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Or discovered that the auto box is fcuked

yep, I note he's RC computing, RC probably stands for "RIGHT CNUT":D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Cnut? What's a Cnut? Short of coconut?

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Minister Boyce

high horse wrote: »
    Weren't protons just old mitsubishis? AFAIK this one was based on the Lancer

250px-Lancer_4gen.jpg

Straight lines are were a thing of beauty ... thankfully

Must say - bit partial to the straight lines myself. Bluebird, Cortina, Granada etc. Bit of me died when the Carina II morphed into the E (but now love the E). Then again I like the not so straight lined 120Y :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭si_guru

E39MSport wrote: »
    Must say - bit partial to the straight lines myself. Bluebird, Cortina, Granada etc. Bit of me died when the Carina II morphed into the E (but now love the E). Then again I like the not so straight lined 120Y :D

Agree on the Carina thing.. BTCC 1992 was a classic year!

I reckon that Proton would be a worth popping under a cover in the corner of a shed - certainly raised some conversation on here. Would do the same in 10 years no doubt.

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Ah the haydays of BTCC the 90`s where estate cars were flying around Brands. Good times! If I remember correctly wasnt there a nice looking WRC version of the Proton that looked pretty good?

I used to live near Derby (home of Toyota) - BTCC used to come to Donington twice a year back then! We also got BSB (local lads Chris Walker the Stalker and Rocket Ron Haslam) and WSB (King Carl Fogarty) and Moto GP (King Carl used to wild card ride).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,753 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

I like that line, "can be seen here at the house".

Beats meating some wanker in the Lidl carpark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Paddy spec :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,753 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Max Power1 wrote: »
    Paddy spec :(

Pity that. A car like that is deserving of leather seats at the very least. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Thatnastyboy

Love the carina II's:

ph-Toyota-Rouse-Snetterton-1991-d.jpg

I had considered BTCC spec'ing mine at one point, there wouldnt be much to it, compomotives, a big drop and a 4age or 3sge.

and here's a cheap(ish) deal, apart from the mention of 'weeping oil' :o

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2352317

Note another straight line lovely - 216 Vitesse in background.

5421703733_3aa1402dbb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭I Was VB

Love the carina II's:

ph-Toyota-Rouse-Snetterton-1991-d.jpg

I had considered BTCC spec'ing mine at one point, there wouldnt be much to it, compomotives, a big drop and a 4age or 3sge.

and here's a cheap(ish) deal, apart from the mention of 'weeping oil' :o

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2352317
    si_guru wrote: »
    Note another straight line lovely - 216 Vitesse in background.

5421703733_3aa1402dbb.jpg

FapFap.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,109 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

€1100, nice motor although the leather seats don't exactly look like they were the orginals going by the colour of them but you never know what some folk order :rolleyes:

Full?id=7336967

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2386863

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Minister Boyce

Again another endorsement of your Carina II/Granada/Bluebird statement. Uncle had a carina II for ten years, savage car, incredibly economical too. Dad had three no. Granadas, all aged in around '79 -'80 years. Beauty about them was that parts were doddle to get, our last granada had more cortina bearings/bolts on it near the end. He then switched to a 2 litre fuel injected Camry ('85) with all the perks i.e. electric windows, mirrors (was a big step up from the the granada interior!). a 5th gear was also a bonus!! Loved loved loved that car, very powerful with your usual toyota reliability. My pipe dream is to come across one of these again for nostalgic sunday runs.

After the camry we moved to a bluebird, which in hindsight was a major step downwards. It was a '88 lx one, 1.6 petrol engine (brutally underpowered for the heavy body but still a reliable servant for several years)

The early lancer were a bit too straight if you catch my drift, compared to the Carina II it def lacked on the looks dept. v bland car until tommi makkinen came along with his scandinavin drift and the shape begain to soften a little:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭Conor_M1990

Done a bit of bangermonics myself picked up a 1991 Starlet 1.5 Diesel for 200 quid needs a dipstick and test but other then that its a dinger. Mate of mine has one and he reckons he can go from Navan to Dundalk and back on a 5'er

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,384 ✭✭✭✭Esel

MidlandsM wrote: »
    Beats meating some wanker in the Lidl carpark.
    Were you ever confused? :D

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

Those leather seats look so horrible I can't even put it into words.

Again another endorsement of your Carina II/Granada/Bluebird statement. Uncle had a carina II for ten years, savage car, incredibly economical too. Dad had three no. Granadas, all aged in around '79 -'80 years. Beauty about them was that parts were doddle to get, our last granada had more cortina bearings/bolts on it near the end. He then switched to a 2 litre fuel injected Camry ('85) with all the perks i.e. electric windows, mirrors (was a big step up from the the granada interior!). a 5th gear was also a bonus!! Loved loved loved that car, very powerful with your usual toyota reliability. My pipe dream is to come across one of these again for nostalgic sunday runs.

After the camry we moved to a bluebird, which in hindsight was a major step downwards. It was a '88 lx one, 1.6 petrol engine (brutally underpowered for the heavy body but still a reliable servant for several years)

The early lancer were a bit too straight if you catch my drift, compared to the Carina II it def lacked on the looks dept. v bland car until tommi makkinen came along with his scandinavin drift and the shape begain to soften a little:)

Jebus Minister - I'd kill to have all of those on the driveway right now.

My own old fella went from a 2.0 Carina II to the 2.0 VPI Camry and I was just starting to drive and used them both. What a mistake to put a 17 y/o in tose machines. However, it worked both ways and he was driving in sparkly motors.

Also had a W217 SEL (dont recall variant) for a while. Beautiful strightness .......... I even recall a Toyota Crown Super on the drive. We also had Blue Bluebird and a Cortina Tara which was stolen more times than you'd believe. They even moved my mums Mazda out of the drive to nik the Cortina :|

In fact, on recollection, my respect for my old man has just shot through the roof :)

Poor fecker is now driving in one of my cast off starlets :( Function over form .... (although he did drive my C280 until electrics started to act up)

.... I feel an off topic mod slap a comin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Poor fecker is now rolling in one of my cast off starlets :( Function over form .... (although he did roll in my C280 until electrics started to act up)

Surely your cars would be severely dented from all the rolling?
    I feel an off topic mod slap a comin

Nah that's still on topic. Sadly I don't have any reminiscences as I'm still on my first car.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement