Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bangernomics car of the week/day

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Jags
    Jag S-Type 3.0

And since we are in an Alfa mood..
    Another tasty GTV

BMWs:
    740i
    540i

BMW535i
    Nice car if you had the time and knowledge to put it back to its original state, no chicken stripe, portable bar at the back but probably abused to hell..
    Happy to have sold it too it seems :D

Mercs:
    S500 LWB
    S320

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Jags
    Jag S-Type 3.0

And since we are in an Alfa mood..
    Another tasty GTV

BMWs:
    740i
    540i

BMW535i
    Nice car if you had the time and knowledge to put it back to its original state, no chicken stripe, portable bar at the back but probably abused to hell..

Mercs:
    S500 LWB
    S320

They're all very nice but they also blow the Bangernomics budget apart. A 1000 quid ish is the Bangernomics budget , 4 grand in here is like a lifetimes earnings :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭GalwayKiefer

I burst out laughing like a simpleton when i opened the link and saw the heading :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Saab Ed wrote: »
    They're all very nice but they also blow the Bangernomics budget apart. A 1000 quid ish is the Bangernomics budget , 4 grand in here is like a lifetimes earnings :D

So how the hell do ya tax and maintain tanks like them like them if you can only afford €1k???? :confused::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

So how the hell do ya tax and maintain tanks like them like them if you can only afford €1k???? :confused::D
    In that you spend as little as possible for buying the car so that you've got some money left for tax :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,328 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Think of the €1k purchase price as being less than or equivalent to the cost of specing just a few of the extras on a new car that you get on an old barge, then you're essentially getting the rest of the car for free and have no depreciation.
    Getting handy with a spanner will defrey the basic maintenance costs, any big repair jobs are avoided by moving to the next banger. All that's left is fuel and the €1k or so difference in motor tax between the car that society wants you to buy and the one you really want to buy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn

alias no.9 wrote: »
    Think of the €1k purchase price as being less than or equivalent to the cost of specing just a few of the extras on a new car that you get on an old barge, then you're essentially getting the rest of the car for free and have no depreciation.
    Getting handy with a spanner will defrey the basic maintenance costs, any big repair jobs are avoided by moving to the next banger. All that's left is fuel and the €1k or so difference in motor tax between the car that society wants you to buy and the one you really want to buy.

I own a two litre which i bought for 500 euro which is less than the road tax a year.

The 1000 ish is your budget for buying the car. Running costs not as much of a factor in bangernomics.

Generally i servie the car myself, so my only majour outlay is tax and insurance.

(i do now own two cars though)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭1948Wolseley

Might be worth a look ......

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1439024

View2?id=3536584

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Bit expensive for a '93 LS tbh. I'd expect a '96 or even '97 for the same price.

Saab Ed wrote: »

That looks like a tidy car for 800 sheets. I always preferred the look of the pre-facelift E34's too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1437755

That was forsale for 1300 last week! Handy money there if he bought it for a grand + it sells!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,404 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1437755

That was forsale for 1300 last week! Handy money there if he bought it for a grand + it sells!

Looks great in black imo.

mickdw wrote: »
    Looks great in black imo.

Big time. I saw one before in a kinda of light greeny/blue and it was gorgeous as well. A friend of mine has two and they're great fun!

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1439902

View2?id=3540064

Bingo , perfect bangernomics :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

ideal doggy wagon
    (your dog can finish what the previous one started :D)
    Full?id=3540065
    rear seatbelts have been eaten as well it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭bigbadbear

MarkN wrote: »
    34241_424468056784_560441784_4654337_2224027_n.jpg

Bought this tonight! €1,100!!

The popularity of these things here is making me curious. They have a really nice interior. Are they quick?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭MarkN

Quick is a subjective word. They're nippy yes and they sound raw as older Alfas do. I've been driving a 2008 Spider since yesterday until Monday and while it's a nice car it has lost some of that Alfa character.

That black one a few posts up is a very nice example of one, if it'd been up when I was looking I'd have bought it so if anyone wants to take my one I'd gladly sell and try get the black one :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1332484

Not sure if this is a bargain or not...

• Advertisement

Confab wrote: »
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1332484

All depends on whether the 'gear selection problem' is as simple as he claims...

Those 740's are mighty cool, if you could get a gearbox, or fix that problem handy I'd pick one over a late 90's LS430, they actually look more modern...

As for the Volvo, I know a few lads with welders that would give it a nice home :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,013 ✭✭✭Barr

All depends on whether the 'gear selection problem' is as simple as he claims...

If it was as simple as a frayed cable - why not fix it himself ?

Cool Reg btw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

sweet motor..

but reading that ad i am sure it more than afrayed cable... i love the i am not a mechanic part after saying he was told it is... to me it sounds like a lot more wrong.. and this his get out clause if you buy it and when u get a bill for repair he can say well i told u about issue..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,611 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Confab wrote: »

It's cheap. For many reasons :D

Now is it me or did anyone else seem to remember other ads from this dude called "Jonathon" ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,013 ✭✭✭Barr

unkel wrote: »
    It's cheap. For many reasons :D

Now is it me or did anyone else seem to remember other ads from this dude called "Jonathon" ?

Reveal all Unkel ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Fishtits

Leggy Beemer with auto box problems?

Avoid like the plague IMHO.

Scrapper motor IMHO

As for the Volvo, I know a few lads with welders that would give it a nice home :p

It is going to a good home :P

Edit: I should say it's not me lol!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭MarkN

• Advertisement

MarkN wrote: »

You'd make money exporting that!

LOTS of car for the money!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement