Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bangernomics car of the week/day

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

johnos1984 wrote: »
    No tax, NCT and not running.

€550 for scrap metal ;)

a new engine possibly.

mondeo engines are hard to come by, gonna cost you well over a grand to get one installed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

RoverJames wrote: »
    Buying a cheap car thats taxed is a bonus, one with on tax is par for the course really, we're not in England, thank feck.

less than 200 bob to tax a 2.4 litre diesel..

how much in Ireland?

90 quid to tax a new 320d ish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

A dog rough V70 2.5D with NCT, tax and all the spec for under a grand: http://www.carzone.ie/search/Volvo/V70/70-SERIE/201133204006296/advert?channel=CARS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

VolvoMan wrote: »
    A dog rough V70 2.5D with NCT, tax and all the spec for under a grand: http://www.carzone.ie/search/Volvo/V70/70-SERIE/201133204006296/advert?channel=CARS

Dog rough is a bit harsh. A few bumper scuffs as far as I can see. Tax until the end of the year nearly..

-Corkie- wrote: »
    Dog rough is a bit harsh. A few bumper scuffs as far as I can see. Tax until the end of the year nearly..

The leather looks like it's never been cared for and the armrest is nearly worn through.

There's no doubting its value though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

One of these days you are gonna shock us all and post a evo or something :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

The leather looks like it's never been cared for and the armrest is nearly worn through.

Bit of TLC would go a long way. I could guarntee you if you gave it to Seperate or e39 msport for a weekend they would make a clean car out of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

That's a lot of assumptions on the easy clearing of a nearly 15 year old car. Yours by any chance?

I'm in Mayo cars in Carlow.............

Just liked the look of it TBH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Breaking the bank here but what a sleeper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

JJJJNR wrote: »

They're actually fairly slow.

Edit: 9.5s 0-60

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

h3000 wrote: »
    They're actually fairly slow.

just what i was thinking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Never driven one, are they that slow. Thought the 4wd was very good on them, 7.5s 0 - 60 which is fast for a 90bhp TDi.. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,627 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

For sure! Asking price is €999 and there is more than €200 worth of tax on it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭barura

This question is probably best asked here... Is it worth it to buy a cheap jeep for the winter? Last year I got completely stuck and was really at a loss. I figure if I got some beater for 1000 or so would be quite handy. Especially for helping others out for lifts to the shops etc.

Failing my madness, post cheap jeeps?

Like this: http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2258116

Could easily get him to 700 cash as there is no spare tyre. Nct just long enough... Am I crazy? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

barura wrote: »
    This question is probably best asked here... Is it worth it to buy a cheap jeep for the winter? Last year I got completely stuck and was really at a loss. I figure if I got some beater for 1000 or so would be quite handy. Especially for helping others out for lifts to the shops etc.

Could easily get him to 700 cash as there is no spare tyre. Nct just long enough... Am I crazy? :D

Nah, jeeps don't all have 4WD. You're better off with a Forester or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,107 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

These are front wheel drive and with the added weight and high centre of gravity would be worse than most front wheel drive vehicles.

This would be my choice if I had a 1k budget.
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2440281

Personally I'd just buy a set of winter tyres for the car. A lot of those smaller SUVs are only two wheel drive so will have little or no advantage over a car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭barura

Do'h. Silly me! I forgot that. I can't remember ones that generally have 4x4 on the floor. Pajeros do I think, but my head is fried from looking at cars recently.

less than 200 bob to tax a 2.4 litre diesel..

how much in Ireland?

90 quid to tax a new 320d ish

Try driving without car tax in England ;) It's not the cost, driving an untaxed car is a BIG no no. Not so much of an issue here if it's within two months of expiry.

Never driven one, are they that slow. Thought the 4wd was very good on them, 7.5s 0 - 60 which is fast for a 90bhp TDi.. ;)

specs

I've never driven one but have been driven in one and was not too impressed. I've driven a few auto VWs from that era and never liked them, that said I'm just not an auto fan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

That one has been there for a very long time at this point.

One of these days you are gonna shock us all and post a evo or something :pac:

Never gonna happen.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Fishtits

*thread drift*

Volvo Man, I'm thinking about an early V70 D5, Pls PM me with what to look for...

Pints on me.

Fishtits wrote: »
    *thread drift*

Volvo Man, I'm thinking about an early V70 D5, Pls PM me with what to look for...

Pints on me.

PM sent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

h3000 wrote: »
    specs

I've never driven one but have been driven in one and was not too impressed. I've driven a few auto VWs from that era and never liked them, that said I'm just not an auto fan.

Absolutely shocking performance figures for a 2.8 v6 engined car to be honest. Whats the point? And 25mpg to boot!!

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭kieranfitz

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭kieranfitz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

RoverJames wrote: »
    we're not in England, thank feck.

You do realise you're in Ireland, which is worse, right? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,627 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

kieranfitz wrote: »

Nice but NCT going out. With a new test, very much worth the money though :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

kieranfitz wrote: »

Hehe, look at the centre of the steering wheel!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement