Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bangernomics car of the week/day

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,468 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Epic detective work

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭GoGoGadget

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Epic detective work

They don't call me GoGoGadget for nothing.. :D

Gadgetreadingmessage.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Minister Boyce

Dancor wrote: »

Yea the drivers seat is a giveaway, poor driver must have been welded to that seat covering all those miles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Yea the drivers seat is a giveaway, poor driver must have been welded to that seat covering all those miles

:confused:

234,000 Miles in almost 12 years=19.5k miles a year

I managed to put up ~320k miles over the course of 4 years in one of my rep mobiles.

Nforce wrote: »

I managed to put up ~320k miles over the course of 4 years in one of my rep mobiles.
    and how did the seat hold up??:D

• Advertisement

and how did the seat hold up??:D

better than my ar5e ;):p:D

better than my ar5e ;):p:D
    LOL...but seriously man, what you do in your own spare time.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,625 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

GoGoGadget wrote: »
    car only passed nct on first go 2 wks ago

Someones lying about something!

And to be fair to donedeal, once they realise the complainant knows their standard automated reply........
    donedeal wrote:
    Hi,

Thank you for contacting us.

If you feel that this ad is dishonest or false advertising, please report it to the Gardai as they are the correct authorities to investigate this matter. You can find their contact details here:
    http://www.crimecouncil.gov.ie/crimestoppers.html#Crimestoppers or through the Garda Station Directory http://www.garda.ie/stations/

We will of course assist the Gardai in any way possible with their investigation and provide them with all information that we have on this seller and take whatever action they recommend to us.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

All the best

Doesn't hold up legally at all, at all, and would probably leave donedeal open to be sued in the civil courts once proof is out there...

They are quick to sort things out. Even well after business hours. And all of us (including donedeal) are better off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

unkel wrote: »
    They are quick to sort things out. Even well after business hours. And all of us (including donedeal) are better off.

I read that to mean that they won't be bothered removing it until they're instructed? They used to actively take down adverts that were reported, but I've not bothered since I got that auto-reply.

Eoin wrote: »
    I read that to mean that they won't be bothered removing it until they're instructed? They used to actively take down adverts that were reported, but I've not bothered since I got that auto-reply.

Yep exactly that. They send their auto-reply (to please fcuk off to the Gardai :rolleyes:). When you explain to them (what they know very well already) that it is a civil matter (nothing to do with the Gardai), that as the publisher of the ad, donedeal is responsible for the contents of the ads. If it is brought to the attention of donedeal that the ad is incorrect / dishonest, it is the responsibility of donedeal to alter or remove the ad

If a buyer bought the car, found out that the ad was incorrect, and subsequently found proof that donedeal were made aware of the error / lie in the ad, then the buyer could sue donedeal in a civil court

Then they act quickly. Very quickly :)

Have to say, that is pretty impressive from donedeal. The initial standard email is pretty pathetic, but the follow-up once poked is out there, one couldn't expect more or faster really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

.. perhaps we're being monitored :)

E39MSport wrote: »
    .. perhaps we're being monitored :)

Perhaps a good thing :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

The initial standard email is pretty pathetic, but the follow-up once poked is out there, one couldn't expect more or faster really.

Ah, I get you now. I gave up reporting them when I got the canned reply, and didn't think of replying to them.

Edit - one of their staff replied on a thread here a few times, and she came across very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Wow 80k a year! That's serious driving! Mind me asking what rep-mobile took that mileage?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

166man wrote: »
    Wow 80k a year! That's serious driving! Mind me asking whathow many rep-mobiles took that mileage?

FYP

166man wrote: »
    Wow 80k a year! That's serious driving! Mind me asking what rep-mobile took that mileage?
    Mostly Mitsubishi L300 vans....pretty reliable,but an appetite for gearboxes:rolleyes:
    I gave that job up several years ago as ,not surprisingly,my social life was non existent (12 hours a day 6 days a week..with administrative work to be done on Sunday's). Over the course of ~13 years I clocked up in excess of 1 million miles...just as well tacho's weren't fitted :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭v240gltse

lexus gs3000

for 800e looks really really nice :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

v240gltse wrote: »
    lexus gs3000

Bargain allright because nobody wants to be paying 1300 euro a year on motor tax and the car will do 20 MPG on a good day. A local dealer has a 07 executive model and 12K would prob buy it. The car was 74K new..:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,015 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

lexus gs3000

I'm seriously tempted to buy that to put the engine into my is200.

Perhaps a good thing :)

Donna from Donedeal has a Boards account..;)

• Advertisement

lexus gs3000

-Corkie- wrote: »
    Bargain allright because nobody wants to be paying 1300 euro a year on motor tax and the car will do 20 MPG on a good day....................

No NCT mentioned, I reckon €800 would get one NCTd tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭rusty_racer94

Back boards after a long time!

No tax or test but who cares at this price and mileage.
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2518692

View2-7893840.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Back boards after a long time!

No tax or test but who cares at this price and mileage.
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2518692

View2-7893840.jpeg

Car trailer in the pic.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

I find it hard to believe there isn't an issue with that car that stops the owner testing it.

bryaner wrote: »
    Car trailer in the pic.:eek:

That Rover will probably spend more time on the trailer rather than pulling it..:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

-Corkie- wrote: »
    That Rover will probably spend more time on the trailer rather than pulling it..:pac:

I was kinda thinking it just got pushed of it..;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭si_guru

EPM wrote: »
    I find it hard to believe there isn't an issue with that car that stops the owner testing it.

Emissions?

si_guru wrote: »
    Emissions?

CATs are cheap for them, CTS is too. The K isn't a difficult engine to sort emissions wise.

A tested 00 Rover 25 wouldn't fetch much over a grand I reckon. The owner may well be not arsed to get it tested. If it needs a tyre or two and trailing arm bushes you're looking at a couple of hundred plus a trip to a garage and the NCT centre. Plenty of folk just want rid.

In saying that I suspect there is something wrong with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

I think I might be on to something good here: http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2520352

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,468 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

That looks like its just up the road from me. Will take a look at it if anyones serious about buying it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement