Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bangernomics car of the week/day

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

colm_mcm wrote: »
    That looks like its just up the road from me. Will take a look at it if anyones serious about buying it.

Colm your sig is gas...:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

VolvoMan wrote: »
    I think I might be on to something good here: http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2520352

Slow heavy gas gussler, but worth it with the tax. You would get to Christmas out of that and could still sell it on in January for €500 but only because it has a long test.

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Slow heavy gas gussler, but worth it with the tax. You would get to Christmas out of that and could still sell it on in January for €500 but only because it has a long test.

Surely it wouldn't be that bad on the diesel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,468 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

http://www.helpfindmea.co.uk/cars/specs/volvo-940-specifications-116/940-diesel-saloon-95-96-24-td-luxury-4dr-auto-specifications-11043.aspx

Mpg figures on the auto version seem impressive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭I Was VB

colm_mcm wrote: »

Not bad for a 6 pot lump and nearly two tonnes!

• Advertisement

RoverJames wrote: »
    Surely it wouldn't be that bad on the diesel.

Actually missed the diesel bit! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

I Was VB wrote: »
    Not bad for a 6 pot lump and nearly two tonnes!

They may look heavy but that would be no greater than 1.5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

That's the VW diesel from the old LT ...basically the good, old 1.6 TD with two extra cylinders welded on.

If that wasn't all the way down in Clare I'd go for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

peasant wrote: »
    That's the VW diesel from the old LT ...basically the good, old 1.6 TD with two extra cylinders welded on.

I thought i'd seen that rocker cover somewhere else before. Bloody great yoke. I had an LT and fully loaded at 60mph she'd return about 30 to the gallon. Slower than a bus full of retards though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2520997

Cheap laughs in this yoke, supposed to have a great chassis too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭si_guru

166man wrote: »

They are a great car if the engine has been serviced.. lovely light controls IIRC - the wife had one in 2000-01.

Meant to handle like on rails but I just couldn't, even if I got it for free!

Meant to handle like on rails but I just couldn't, even if I got it for free!

Would you not be having too much fun to care about image though? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭_Conrad_

Actually missed the diesel bit! :o

OOOPS!

Not a bad old thing at all those, i'd love to get that one.

They're actually not exactly the same as the LT, the last 940 diesels, of which this is one, got an improved, slightly more up to date intercooled version of the engine.

For "a big heavy yoke" once you tip away nice and handy in them, they don't do badly on diesel at all considering their size and the comfort to be had in such a massive old rolling couch. I love the seats in them, and the space

Would you not be having too much fun to care about image though? :D

Eh,.......................................NO! :eek:

I think ye are overestimating the handling of the Ka a bit gents, the sister has one and it's far from as good on the corners as ye seem to think. Perhaps with some mods things can be great but as standard it's not up to Focus standards.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Kevvv

Seems like a good value. BMW with low millage for the year and an NCT. Looks clean too :p

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2522532

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,328 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Kevvv wrote: »
    Seems like a good value. BMW with low millage for the year and an NCT. Looks clean too :p

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2522532

It can be tested from early next week, why not run it through if it
    should pass with ease

alias no.9 wrote: »

Yeah thought the same myself. But also says their stuck for cash. At the end of the day thats Donedeal for ye :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Bog standard 316 with gimped up alloys? ehhhhhh no.

perhaps if it was a 328 then I might be interested :D

• Advertisement

BX 19 wrote: »
    Bog standard 316 with gimped up alloys? ehhhhhh no.

perhaps if it was a 328 then I might be interested :D

You know those are original BMW alloys dont ye :P not sure if their orig on that car but their the M pack ones. I stand to be corrected on that tho :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

They might be OEM BMW alloys, but I think they're ugly. There's really not that much about that car that's appealing. The e36 coupe aged quite well (well, it doesn't look current, but still looks well), but the saloon didn't IMO. And yeah, the 1.6 engine :(

I don't know why people put 'M' car alloys on ordinary models, whether they are replicas or the real deal. It just looks ****.

Are those e46 M3 reps? I don't even like them on that model either. That said, I don't really agree with you. These rims would look good on any e36, but probably because the e36 M3 didn't look all that different from the normal models.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

alias no.9 wrote: »

Jesus , why didn't he say '' will fly through the NCT '' , as others have said he should put his money where his mouth is...........

Eoin wrote: »
    Are those e46 M3 reps?

They look it to me.
    That said, I don't really agree with you. These rims would look good on any e36, but probably because the e36 M3 didn't look all that different from the normal models.

I'm quite strict on originality when it comes to cars. I also hate anything on a car that might give off the impression that it''s trying to look like something else that it simply isn't.

For instance, I hate the sight of E39 M5 rims on an E39 520i. I just don't understand why people can't either modify their cars tastefully or leave them alone altogether.

We'll have to agree to disagree there - I'd have no problems making subtle mods like that. Quad exhausts on a 520, no. But a change of rims, yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

VolvoMan wrote: »
    They look it to me.

I'm quite strict on originality when it comes to cars. I also hate anything on a car that might give off the impression that it''s trying to look like something else that it simply isn't.

For instance, I hate the sight of E39 M5 rims on an E39 520i. I just don't understand why people can't either modify their cars tastefully or leave them alone altogether.

Taste is a personal thing - good in some ways, because a lot of the worlds most unique and awesome cars (RWB for example) would never exist. Unfortunately, you also have lads thinking a skangerized spaceship-like civic is very tasteful

I like the way it is a wagon 'R'... really helps sell the car. Also it's a 0.6(!) that's barely bigger than a lawnmower surely that is free road tax..

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Suzuki/Wagon-R+/201136204330890/advert?channel=CARS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,015 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I like the way it is a wagon 'R'... really helps sell the car. Also it's a 0.6(!) that's barely bigger than a lawnmower surely that is free road tax..

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Suzuki/Wagon-R+/201136204330890/advert?channel=CARS

Hahahaha. Too many funny points to highlight just one.
    Suzuki Wagon R (not plus).Unusual model,second generation award winning car. Very small wheelbase. Narrow miss on emissions. Otherwise passed.Will park anywhere. Rear seats fold flat to make a large & tall space.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement