Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bangernomics car of the week/day

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

shaaane wrote: »
    The brothers one had a ball of extras except for leather. It even had a 6 disc cd changer although I think that was aftermarket. I was only 16 when he got it but I was amazed by the electric aerial and the factory fitted baby seat! :P Its the only car that anyone in my family owned that I miss, including my own past cars.

That's pretty much the same story with me. We got an 850 SE in the 90's and those sort of things got me hooked on the brand, not to mention the sound off that five cylinder. I still miss it today.

Its replacement (an S70) is still in the family.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2542859

Tax, test and ok tires for €150! Except its a corsa

Its rough as though, and is it me, or does the back wheel look to be sitting skewed? As in its toe out? Drift spec, perhaps? :)

Hell, if it drove for a week, you'd probably get it back on scrapping it for metal! And it's a 1.2, not the dreaded 1.0l
    Dermot could have thrown up another few pics at least. Zoomed as much as I could into the wheel and I can't see anything wrong with it (open to correction), but for 150 beer tokens you can't go wrong. Would do the job if you were badly stuck for a motor for a few weeks. And don't get me started on the 1l. Had one as my first car and it broke my heart!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

barura wrote: »
    honda schvic! Pretty stock as well! http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2454289

Price is a bit cheeky for an oul DX civic no? I mean if it was vtec yeah ok but that 1.3 lump is reliable but a bit gutless. Fine clean car though to be fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

850 estate... new nct for a year...
    tax just out this month... but asking price is €650....

a great buy imho

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2542308

robtri wrote: »

a great buy imho

Volvoman got there before you I'm afraid! No better man I suppose. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭kieranfitz

Hey be nice!!!!!

Its rough as though, and is it me, or does the back wheel look to be sitting skewed? As in its toe out? Drift spec, perhaps? :)

Hell, if it drove for a week, you'd probably get it back on scrapping it for metal! And it's a 1.2, not the dreaded 1.0l

Again Hey be nice

kieranfitz wrote: »

Hey be nice!!!!!

Again Hey be nice
    If you look back a post or 2 you'll see I had 1 of these as my first wagon. I loved it as it was my first car but it absolutely broke my heart! Brakes, clutch, shocks to name a few of the problems! That's what happens when you're an 18 year old with a small bit of cash and jumping at the first affordable car you see! Lessons were learned to say the least

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Fishtits

robtri wrote: »

a great buy imho

Its petrol. Next buyer would be a scrappy to take it away. If you can suffer the 20 odd mpg running costs and a years tax it may be an option for you, but its no bargain otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

Price is a bit cheeky for an oul DX civic no? I mean if it was vtec yeah ok but that 1.3 lump is reliable but a bit gutless. Fine clean car though to be fair.

yes the price is a joke ( country prices, eh ? )

but with the amount of accords and the likes going for next to nothing...

fune times if you have a few euros to spare eh ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Pdfile wrote: »
    yes the price is a joke ( country prices, eh ? )

but with the amount of accords and the likes going for next to nothing...

fune times if you have a few euros to spare eh ?

To be honest with you if i was on the look out for a mid 90's civic it would have to be a vtec engined one. The DX version is the least appealing IMO.

He won't get close to what he's asking for that particular car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭_Conrad_

To be honest with you if i was on the look out for a mid 90's civic it would have to be a vtec engined one. The DX version is the least appealing IMO.

I'd be pretty surprised if it went for less than a grand. The magnetic force of attraction/desire of having anything remotely resembling a honda civic is irresistable to certain sections of society.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

i bet he will, if you pi$$ on the rear seats and add some JDM stickers she'll be gone by tuesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

kieranfitz wrote: »
    Hey be nice!!!!!

Again Hey be nice

The 1L is an awful, awful car in comparison with any competing model of the same age. Slow, noisy, uncomfortable and embarrassing. And that's from a current Corsa B owner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Gorgeous seats in that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,328 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Saab Ed wrote: »

I was tempted until I saw the bootlid and wondered what might lurk behind the bumper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

alias no.9 wrote: »
    I was tempted until I saw the bootlid and wondered what might lurk behind the bumper.

Wouldnt mind that. 50 quid in a scrapyard, maybe 100 and you're sorted. Sure you can most likely haggle the cost of the repair off the purchase price first.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Minister Boyce

VolvoMan wrote: »
    I'm surprised people have largely ingnored this. For cheap, no-nonsense motoring it should be pretty much unbeatable at the price.

Although the seller states it has a timing belt when I'm almost certain these have a chain.
    Correct they do have a timing chain. had a similar saloon version in my time and it was a most reliable runaround I had.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

I really enjoy the way this thread is fast becoming 'Who can find the cheapest/best Alfa 156/166?'.... very entertaining! :D:D

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Wouldnt mind that. 50 quid in a scrapyard, maybe 100 and you're sorted. Sure you can most likely haggle the cost of the repair off the purchase price first.

There is a really good chance that the likes of a lamppost did that damage in which case the boot floor could well be creased too.
    (yes, yes I did slap a car into a lamppost in my younger days :o )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭kieranfitz

If you look back a post or 2 you'll see I had 1 of these as my first wagon. I loved it as it was my first car but it absolutely broke my heart! Brakes, clutch, shocks to name a few of the problems! That's what happens when you're an 18 year old with a small bit of cash and jumping at the first affordable car you see! Lessons were learned to say the least

Ah sorry missed that. Tbh I'm kinda looking at changing mine after 6 years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Yeah, and it'll suddenly be who can sell there 156 the quickest :rolleyes:

Yeah, and it'll suddenly be who can sell there 156 the quickest :rolleyes:

Some of the Alfa heads reckon they are less likely to crash due to the superior handling of their car.....

http://forum.alfa156.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?PN=0&TID=12680&TPN=1

unreal way of thinking, especially at the rate the front suspension wears on the feckers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭I Was VB

Bangernomics??? On Boards?

Alfa Romeo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

I Was VB wrote: »
    Bangernomics??? On Boards?

Alfa Romeo.

And volvo's

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Cheap alfa's are selling fast enough, I guess like any cheap car these days once its decent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

MidlandsM wrote: »
    Cheap alfa's are selling fast enough, I guess like any cheap car these days once its decent.

Did your mate's sell?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

take the mind of the alfas on here http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2535413

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Ensti

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement