Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bangernomics car of the week/day

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

This is my Bangernomics purchase as mentioned a few pages back. Been driving it for the last week or so and everything seems good so far, apart from the appalling radio! An encouraging start to my Bangernomics career so far:

sm_IMG_1919.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Minister Boyce

I see the pink alfa is gone..;) or is that sold icon beside all adverts???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,412 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

blastman wrote: »
    This is my Bangernomics purchase as mentioned a few pages back. Been driving it for the last week or so and everything seems good so far, apart from the appalling radio! An encouraging start to my Bangernomics career so far:

sm_IMG_1919.jpg

Looks ok. You should get many thousand reliable miles out of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

I haven't seen one of these here in a while....

Full?id=8497636

Not your usual

Full?id=8497635

:D

Long nct too

At long last, a decent example :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

dgt wrote: »

Not your usual

Long nct too

There also sh1t quick to boot :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Fishtits

Quote:
    Originally Posted by barura viewpost.gif
    Another 155 http://www.adverts.ie/car/alfa-romeo...r-sale/1062870

can vouch for the seller. took my 3 156's down to him for various bits(servicing etc). even brought one of them from him. very good for parts etc,always breaking various alfas.

if you want his number drop me a pm

What's a "Wide Body" 155?

Fishtits wrote: »

Could just be a body kit:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

God bless google
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfa_Romeo_155
    1995 facelift

Enlarged wheel arches after 1995

Alfa 155 "wide body"
    In 1995 the 155 was given an extensive revamp resulting in wider front and rear tracks with subtle enlargement to the wheel arches to accommodate the changes underneath.[6]

The revised car also received a quicker steering rack, with 2.2 turns lock to lock (initially only on the 2.0 , but later followed by the 1.8 L). The 4-cylinder cars retained the twin spark ignition system but received Alfa-designed 16-valve cylinder heads with belt-driven camshafts based on engine blocks of Fiat design. They replaced the elderly but indestructible all-Alfa 8-valve, chain-driven camshaft motors of the earlier models.

The 2.5 L v6 continued in wide body form (but without the steering changes) while the Q4 was discontinued. In Europe the 1.7 L Twin Spark was replaced by a 1.6 L 16-valve Twin Spark. Some 8-valve engines continued in a wide body car in some markets.

The wide-bodied cars also received revised interiors and equipment specifications to keep the cars competitive in the showroom.

The wide body ("Series 2") 155s can be distinguished from their earlier counterparts by their flared front and smooth rear wheel arches (the latter replacing the lip round the wheel arch of the original). They also sported round or oblong indicator side-repeaters and had their model badges moved to below the rear lights rather than having them above.

Around 1995 there was a facelift that incorporated wider wings, hence wide boy :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭_Conrad_

B11gt00e wrote: »
    ....... long post about black e200.......

It looks like a very nice tidy car. Similar situation to one of my uncles, very nice middle aged man, takes great care of an almost immaculate E class.

They're not by any means fast but to be fair that's to be expected with that size and weight of a car with only a mild 2 litre engine and an auto box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

dgt wrote: »

Not your usual

Long nct too

That, I have to say, is the best value I've seen here in a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭barura

Could be something special, looks clean enough. http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2649262

barura wrote: »
    Could be something special, looks clean enough. http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2649262

open to reasonable offers ! wonder would 500 e be reasonable ?

cadaliac wrote: »
    That, I have to say, is the best value I've seen here in a while.

Surprise surprise it sold just one day after the ad was put up :eek:

Damn that would look well with the collection! Lose the american style tail lights though...
    almanu wrote: »
    open to reasonable offers ! wonder would 500 e be reasonable ?

At a grand hes dreaming a little bit... For a car that does about 33mpgs... A decent 525tds in E39 touring form can be picked up with an nct for not much more. Plus the 24v engines don't sound as good as the 12v engines :pac:

just to demonstrate its fantastic road holding abilities :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭the bolt

mondeo wrote: »
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2647341

Surely this 728 for 1,400 is worth a look
    except it says e2400 on that add

• Registered Users Posts: 30 mercedesbenz

<snip>
    true bangernomics right there ^^

<snip>

You joined up with the name mercedezbens just to tell us about one for sale? How kind! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

<snip>

Nice username...How convenient...

Ad snipped. Please don't do that again.

• Advertisement

Hi,

Sorry what did I do wrong?? I tried to log in to show this car on my username (jhhk) and it wouldn't recognise my password, I then reset it, followed all the instructions, got the email and entered in my new password that was emailed to me - then it still wouldn't recognise it so I copied and pasted the password, I tried just about everything. So I had no choice but to make a new account, I even had to make a new email address as I wasn't allowed to make a second boards.ie account on the same one.

Please either fix this so I can go back and use my old account or "unsnip" the adverts.ie link for the e-200 I provided. Thank you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Yeah!

And I'm Roger Moore :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Ninap

the bolt wrote: »
    except it says e2400 on that add

When / where was it last serviced? Potentially a lovely motor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Hi,

Sorry what did I do wrong?? I tried to log in to show this car on my username (jhhk) and it wouldn't recognise my password, I then reset it, followed all the instructions, got the email and entered in my new password that was emailed to me - then it still wouldn't recognise it so I copied and pasted the password, I tried just about everything. So I had no choice but to make a new account, I even had to make a new email address as I wasn't allowed to make a second boards.ie account on the same one.

Please either fix this so I can go back and use my old account or "unsnip" the adverts.ie link for the e-200 I provided. Thank you.

I dont know what any of that has to do with anything.

Post in the Help Desk if you wish.

Do not post on this thread again.

I dont know what any of that has to do with anything.

Post in the Help Desk if you wish.

Do not post on this thread again.

Hi Alan, I am sorry if I have broken any of the boards.ie rules but I would like to know what rule(s) that have been broken as I still do not know what I have done wrong and would like to know for future reference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Hi Alan, I am sorry if I have broken any of the boards.ie rules but I would like to know what rule(s) that have been broken as I still do not know what I have done wrong and would like to know for future reference.

Advertising your own stuff is forbidden on boards.ie. It's not unusual to see a new user sign up to try and sell their stuff, so it's natural to have a bit of scepticism whenever you see a new poster post a link to a car.

The link was snipped because of this.

If you're having technical issues with regard to passwords etc, please post in the helpdesk about it - this isn't the appropriate place to troubleshoot it.

-Chris- wrote: »
    Advertising your own stuff is forbidden on boards.ie. It's not unusual to see a new user sign up to try and sell their stuff, so it's natural to have a bit of scepticism whenever you see a new poster post a link to a car.

The link was snipped because of this.

If you're having technical issues with regard to passwords etc, please post in the helpdesk about it - this isn't the appropriate place to troubleshoot it.

Thanks for your reply Chris, I can assure you this is not my car.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Thanks for your reply Chris, I can assure you this is not my car.

Jeez lads take this to private messages, this thread is for bangers for a reason!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

It's dealt with, let's all move on please!

• Advertisement

Something for those long winter nights... ;)http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2629909

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement