Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bangernomics car of the week/day

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,468 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

That's the uber desirable xli plus with such luxuries as slightly different seats, central locking and slightly different dials

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Body work looks very rough though. I would seriously question the mileage on that basis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Well, I'm half pi55ed and in true form I'd buy 2 of them :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

E39MSport wrote: »

Full?id=8619438

MY EYES! Then again, I have to look at this yoke every feckin' morning:

img8495large.jpg

haha - everyone in the pic is going 'holy fukking jebus!!' especially the chap on the left

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

CianRyan wrote: »
    Doesn't look too bad for €850.
    1fc1c1c2db5852e08ffc380475e2633624a44b821a0b726b65892121fa8ade97.jpg[/url]

Owned one of these for about two years, mine wasn't badged as a Lucino or as a Lucino MM or as a Sunny Coupé which they sometimes are, mine was a 200sx believe it or not, exact same body, exact same engine as the one in the pic. Japanese imports are known as 200sx B14s... It was scrapped because some tool broke a back window in it trying to nick it and a replacement window couldnt ever be found. Pity. Cracking car, great little twin cam engine too. Handled like a boat though, suspension is far far too high on them.

Love to buy that :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,468 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

They're dreadful looking yokes though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I don't think it looks so bad, I like it in an awkward sort of way.
    It's sold now, who bough it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

colm_mcm wrote: »
    They're dreadful looking yokes though

I'd have to disagree with you there! Whatever imports of these we got over here most were of the 1.5 twin cam 5 speed manual or 4 speed auto. The Americans got mostly the NEO-VVL engine with its neat variable valve system, reall sweet engine or a few came with the SR20DET engine in the beautiful Sentra SE-R, would give any Type-R Integra/Civic a run for its money. Links to pics, didnt wanna derail thread with massive pics.

Or maybe I just have a massive horn for these cars cos' I used own one :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Full?id=8667700
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2706527

There is no NCT but at €250 and only 57k on clock and what has to be said a very clean looking car surely this is worth a punt. I know if I was selling a car for €250 I would not pay the €50 for an NCT test.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

View2-8508168.jpeg

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2666634

Couple of hundred quid off the price and it's bangernomics territory. Looks really nice though no mention of NCT.

Another one for less

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2681400

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

I know of the second one, it's always around Limerick. He had a blue one before and I think it blew up.

Some day...

I know of the second one, it's always around Limerick. He had a blue one before and I think it blew up.

Some day...

I just think that silver one looks really nice. Sure put a BMW 728i down on your Christmas wishlist sure! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

166man wrote: »
    I just think that silver one looks really nice. Sure put a BMW 728i down on your Christmas wishlist sure! ;)

Oh don't worry, it's already there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,612 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

h3000 wrote: »
    Full?id=8667700
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2706527

There is no NCT but at €250 and only 57k on clock and what has to be said a very clean looking car surely this is worth a punt. I know if I was selling a car for €250 I would not pay the €50 for an NCT test.

Lovely little car, looks tidy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

FearDark wrote: »
    Owned one of these for about two years, mine wasn't badged as a Lucino or as a Lucino MM or as a Sunny Coupé which they sometimes are, mine was a 200sx believe it or not, exact same body, exact same engine as the one in the pic. Japanese imports are known as 200sx B14s... It was scrapped because some tool broke a back window in it trying to nick it and a replacement window couldnt ever be found. Pity. Cracking car, great little twin cam engine too. Handled like a boat though, suspension is far far too high on them.

Love to buy that :(

The Jap ones are Lucino's, Its the US where they are badged as a 200sx.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Fishtits

unkel wrote: »

My experience with old, low mileage, stored/out of use etc cars, being sorted to pass the test and make reliable is that they're invariably money pits.

Don't confuse *cute* with viable would be my advice ;)

... especially when parts can be a problem ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Fishtits

E39MSport wrote: »
    http://cars.donedeal.co.uk/for-sale/cars/2694163

Full?id=8619438

Smidge overpiced at 700 lids but if the mileage, tax and test all line up then I'd drive it and drive it and drive it .....

Would be great if it checked out. Like those xli's

48k KLMs in 14 years? see above post...

Fishtits wrote: »
    My experience with old, low mileage, stored/out of use etc cars, being sorted to pass the test and make reliable is that they're invariably money pits.

Don't confuse *cute* with viable would be my advice ;)

You're preaching to the converted :)

I'd like to see an NCT before I even bother looking further :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 132 ✭✭DConway

Cheers MidlandsM
    Picked this up today for €550! Great car, fully serviced and valeted 4 New tyres and long nct! Can't go wrong!
    MidlandsM wrote: »
    €700 bobs........quare value!

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2643575

View2?id=8412985

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

DConway wrote: »
    Cheers MidlandsM
    Picked this up today for €550! Great car, fully serviced and valeted 4 New tyres and long nct! Can't go wrong!

That's one hell of a deal! Well wear man!

DConway wrote: »
    Cheers MidlandsM

Yep well wear, serious amount of car for the money!That fake wood on the interior isn't the best but at the money can't complain really! :)

+1

Amazes me that the seller didn't even bother to mention that the car has an NCT until 2013!

Well wear lad, you got yourself a bargain :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

You should do a thread in a couple of months and report back with how it's treating you. I'd be interested to see how you get on with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 132 ✭✭DConway

Yea will do!
    Delighted with it! Lost a lot of money on previous car when it broke down last week, delighted to have picked this up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

A bit of carbon fibre vinyl on the wood effect console and it wouldn't be too bad in there :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

unkel wrote: »

Defo worth the risk, I detest spurious hubcabs though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Always liked the look of those Galants. Well wear

Fishtits wrote: »
    48k KLMs in 14 years? see above post...

Not impossible. My folks Corolla has under 10k miles after 6 years. Neighbours starlet has even less. I myself cover less than 4k miles p/a over 3-4 cars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,561 ✭✭✭✭vectra

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement