Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bangernomics car of the week/day

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

That Vectra seemed too cheap however the car sold within a few hours surprise surprise

I saw this fester that's tested and taxed for €850 :)
    Full?id=8409624

This picture left me puzzled...
    Full?id=8409622

Edit: I've posted this in the wrong place haven't I... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

Why puzzled?

If I were selling a car I wouldn't be posing in it especially like that.... Plus they're really poor quality evening photos...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭barura

I like the green tow bolt thing.

If you got it for 550, you'd be onto something.

Sell the bonnet and put a proper one on it... Luckily they're handy to find, right dgt? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭maidhc

-Corkie- wrote: »
    Its a 2.2 petrol which will cost over 800 quid to tax and cost a fortune on petrol. If I wanted a 2.2 it certainly would not be a vectra..

It is only €200 more than a 2.0, and unless you are doing high miles the consumption shouldnt be too bad.

Agreed though, not on a vectra.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭I Was VB

I Was VB wrote: »
    Bangernomics thread will not end with a bloomin' Toyota Camry!

Nice find all the same.

One of those burnt out totally in a taxi rank in Navan years ago. An electrical fault is what people said the cause was...

Seems a cheap fix... nctd car for 200 yoyos

Full?id=8702217

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

"Seems" being the strong word there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Couldn't put up more details and even more pictures and what the hell does "winter car" mean anyway?

"Nothing Major" from somebody who wants €200 for a car that they cannot even understand whats wrong with it sounds frightening. RUN AWAY!!!

I should have rearranged my last post to include a laughing hyena after seems :p

Seriously though for a Puegeot person this might be a viable option. It could be a barrel of electrical fun to everyone else...

A fairly clean looking Toyota Levin 1.6 for 1500, you'd prob get it for 1100 if you sweet talked and had cash. Nice enough cars.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2703894

View2-8657293.jpeg

Just lose the dustbin exhaust. :P

One of the original cheap diesels:

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2716987

View2-8711098.jpeg

~Okay okay, enough crap... Let me see...

A volvo v40 for 650, I love these yokes!

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2716759

Full?id=8710148

Pic might be borked there...

And a Seat Arosa for 490. Nice yokes, cheap tax etc etc. You have all heard me talk about em before...

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2689521

View2-8598849.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,468 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

That golf has a class reg too. Surely worth the money for a resto project

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

no tyre kickers.

...because the wheels will fall off. What a piece of crap.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    That golf has a class reg too. Surely worth the money for a resto project

Just thinking the same myself. If it was three door I'd be on it. Spray it a nice colour with a nice set of wheels, couldn't go wrong with that reg :)

Confab wrote: »
    ...because the wheels will fall off. What a piece of crap.

HArsh, tis 25 ish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Just thinking the same myself. If it was three door I'd be on it. Spray it a nice colour with a nice set of wheels, couldn't go wrong with that reg :)

I had one of them years ago. Every time you would turn on the heater you could smell cat sh1t..

-Corkie- wrote: »
    I had one of them years ago. Every time you would turn on the heater you could smell cat sh1t..

If I was a cat I'd sh1t in your cabin filter too!

:pac:

barura wrote: »
    Bangernomics thread will not end with a bloomin' Toyota Camry!

Nice find all the same.

Your right it will probably end up with a wanked out 728i for a grand with no tax or nct and as riddled with more nastys than a whores knickers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

broken-record.thumbnail.jpg

Your right it will probably end up with a wanked out 728i for a grand with no tax or nct and as riddled with more nastys than a whores knickers.
    I'm sorry? There was a 728 which was in pretty good condition for 1400 yo yos, NCT and a bit of tax, IIRC. The price went to 2400 when they realised they were letting it go for a song. Howandever, if you went to them with the 1400 cash, probably 1200 before the world and its mother rang 'em, you could have gotten it.

You're right about wankered ones out there though...

I mean look at this POS with a stamped book for 1950, which would probably be taken off them for 1500.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2712365

And this fellow here with another one, same deal:

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/vintagecars/2500869

I'm just saying that a 728 for a little north of a grand is possible, but still within the relm of sensible bangernomics. Or luxonomics as I've heard it called here once or twice...

Edit: I hope people know I'm being sarcastic with the POS statement? I like the 7 series!

Leave it, he's Volvo mans son, there's no talking to him :rolleyes:

Leave it, he's Volvo mans son, there's no talking to him :rolleyes:

What a terrible thing to say!

:D

An odd request, but if anyone sees an automatic Rover 75 CDT/CDTI Connoisseur SE for less than crazy money (i.e, <€2500), can they let me know? I'm searching all over the place but can't find one. There are a few manuals around, but what's the point in a manual in that sort of car?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

barura wrote: »
    I'm sorry? There was a 728 which was in pretty good condition for 1400 yo yos, NCT and a bit of tax, IIRC. The price went to 2400 when they realised they were letting it go for a song. Howandever, if you went to them with the 1400 cash, probably 1200 before the world and its mother rang 'em, you could have gotten it.

You're right about wankered ones out there though...

I mean look at this POS with a stamped book for 1950, which would probably be taken off them for 1500.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2712365

And this fellow here with another one, same deal:

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/vintagecars/2500869

I'm just saying that a 728 for a little north of a grand is possible, but still within the relm of sensible bangernomics. Or luxonomics as I've heard it called here once or twice...

Though shall not call any BMW a POS! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

the camry is a nice car , but nowhere in the same leauge as an e38 7er , toyota have never made a car that could really stack up to the 7 series , even with the lexus brand the LS600h still isnt as nice as a 7er , luxobarges of that magnitude is one category where the japs just dont win against the germans

Ooooh. Who's jealous of the 7 Series??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

the camry is a nice car , but nowhere in the same leauge as an e38 7er , toyota have never made a car that could really stack up to the 7 series , even with the lexus brand the LS600h still isnt as nice as a 7er , luxobarges of that magnitude is one category where the japs just dont win against the germans

Disagree.

I had a UCF20 LS400 for a while and it was a pure joy to drive. Driven E38 and mercs too.

150k miles on it and it started on the button. Suspension was nice and soft but held it well. Seats were pure luxury. One of those motors where you had to look at the guages to see if she was idling.

... and the sound system was brilliant for its age.

Definitely my favourite motor so far. But then again, I thought my Starlet was 'awesome' :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement