Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bangernomics car of the week/day

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

langdang wrote: »
    It's had the diff welded and is toasting up some Nankangs in a farmers yard as we speak...

It was auto. Also, a friend of mine bought one to do the same with it, did about 5-6 rings and all the oil went to the left hand side of the engine and it siezed :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

It was auto.
    Ah, didn't spot that, thought it was a bit cheap for a RWD alright. Still, grand field car :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,381 ✭✭✭✭Esel

maidhc wrote: »
    View2-8756493.jpeg

Not everyones cup of tea, but you will probably never see another one like it for sale in a world where diesel autos are rare to begin with.
    Can yez please just post a link to the ad instead of a photo?

I can't click on a photo to get to the ad, and I know at least some other users have the same issue.

Ta.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Esel wrote: »

I can't click on a photo to get to the ad, and I know at least some other users have the same issue.

Ta.
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2728899

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭W123-80's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,612 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

How come?

Works in IE / FF / Opera / Chrome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

unkel wrote: »
    How come?

Works in IE / FF / Opera / Chrome

I think he's on mobile. Lazy feckers, not bothering to carry around a laptop to get onto Motors! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,406 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Some FF users have issues I believe although mine is fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Ta.

Right click the image, and copy link location. Paste in teh address bar. Simples.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

An 03 car for €950?

Full?id=8632123

What's wrong with it.... :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

dgt wrote: »
    An 03 car for €950?

Full?id=8632123

What's wrong with it.... :confused:

It's a Laguna with over 100k miles and no NCT. Heard many bad stories about them as regards reliability too.

166man wrote: »
    It's a Laguna with over 100k miles and no NCT. Heard many bad stories about them as regards reliability too.

Yeah I should have posted whats right with it, had one of these and it broke my heart :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

Hal1 wrote: »
    Right click the image, and copy link location. Paste in teh address bar. Simples.

Not if you are on a phone:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭barura

Ford Focus, Taxed and NCT'd.

Get it for 750 and drive into next summer with no bother or worries...

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2732839

View2-8776357.jpeg

barura wrote: »
    Ford Focus, Taxed and NCT'd.

Get it for 750 and drive into next summer with no bother or worries...

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2732839

View2-8776357.jpeg

Would you get 250 quid off though?I'd say you would get it for 850 ish. Still good find plenty of tax too.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭crispsandwiches

Hi Guys

Huge fan of this thread. Based in the UK for the past 5 yrs. You guys said the tax for the M5 a couple of pages back would have been crazy. How much road tax would you have to pay on that car? the Same car here in UK would cost £260 TO TAX.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

Hi Guys

Huge fan of this thread. Based in the UK for the past 5 yrs. You guys said the tax for the M5 a couple of pages back would have been crazy. How much road tax would you have to pay on that car? the Same car here in UK would cost £260 TO TAX.
    It would be over 5 times that over here ;).

Hi Guys

An M5 here would €1566 in tax I think.. absolute joke really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

An M5 here would €1566 in tax I think.. absolute joke really.
    May not be as "cheap" after the budget review next month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Just a little up date on the 9000 project. I've been driving it for the last three days and all of its woes have come to the boil. Thankfully there's not that many. After a second opinion and a look under it on a ramp it was decided that the car needed the following. Two front discs, two wishbone bushes, two bottom ball joints, engine management temp sensor and a thermoestat. Quick call to the local lads in the motor factors and everything came in a €157. So in total I've spent 400 quid on the car, 157 on parts, 50 quid on diesel to collect it and a crappy Goodmans stereo has been donated. So that's 607 quid and counting. I'm gonna tackle the bodywork myself as its all in handy places. I'll post pics as I progress. Dare I say it I've been really smitten by this, it might be a keeper.

318400_2551739628545_1105520952_32863656_790840791_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,612 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Poor peasant, you have him dribbling and drooling all over your posts :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Just a little up date on the 9000 project. I've been driving it for the last three days and all of its woes have come to the boil. Thankfully there's not that many. After a second opinion and a look under it on a ramp it was decided that the car needed the following. Two front discs, two wishbone bushes, two bottom ball joints, engine management temp sensor and a thermoestat. Quick call to the local lads in the motor factors and everything came in a €157. So in total I've spent 400 quid on the car, 157 on parts, 50 quid on diesel to collect it and a crappy Goodmans stereo has been donated. So that's 607 quid and counting. I'm gonna tackle the bodywork myself as its all in handy places. I'll post pics as I progress. Dare I say it I've been really smitten by this, it might be a keeper.

318400_2551739628545_1105520952_32863656_790840791_n.jpg

Buy the trailer and motor off ya for 750 :D

Would you get 250 quid off though?I'd say you would get it for 850 ish. Still good find plenty of tax too.
    I'd do my bloomin' best. I'm sure there is always some haggling involved.

Anywho!

Those Volvo v40's I posted, rang up the ol' insurance company. They wouldn't insure me! Too much of a risk at my age! It's a bloody Volvo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

I'd do my bloomin' best. I'm sure there is always some haggling involved.

Anywho!

Those Volvo v40's I posted, rang up the ol' insurance company. They wouldn't insure me! Too much of a risk at my age! It's a bloody Volvo!
    Thats just ridiculous - this country's insurance company's are a law onto themselves.
    Anyway, it's probably not the fact that it's a volvo, its probably more to do with engine size.
    I'll bet if you ask them what they would insure you in they would say "well anything really as long as it's no bigger than a 1.2 ltr".

I was told it was on the scale of 1-50, that it was #29, so as a student, I needed 2 years no claims and a full license... Oh and be 25!

A ford focus would be easier to insure as its only 10/11 on their scale. Must be price of parts and labor to fix I'd assume.

Ah well, roll on 25! :P

Alfa 156, 600 clams, MCT for a year, etc etc.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2737235

Full?id=8791485

Carina estate, NCT til next September, 1.8, 695eur

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2737228

View2-8791454.jpeg

Mazda 626, 98, 600euro, Full service history and low milage with Tax and NCT til next year:

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2736652

Full?id=8788647

Annnd back to my beer...

Toyota Starlet, 500 bills. 1.3, NCT and Tax.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2739923

View2-8803915.jpeg

Nice Polo Saloon for 675, NCT blah blah.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2739811

View2-8803379.jpeg

Slim pickings today. I wonder if many people actually check this thread to actually buy cars as opposed to going "jaysus that's a bargin"...

NCTd Ka, 375

Full?id=8787153

This is worth 300 clams just for the dual pedals :D
    Full?id=8493700

Full?id=8493698

Say hello to Jack :) Jack can be yours for just 400! :eek:
    Full?id=8776244

Dayyyyyyysel yoke for 400 clams :pac:
    Full?id=8766958

Would someone lend me 275 for this...
    Full?id=8292804

Please? :o

That Bravo would be nice! Tempting tempting,,,

• Advertisement

That Bravo would be nice! Tempting tempting,,,

Remember mine was 200 on donedeal too and look what I turned it into ;)

If one has the moneys, can't recommend that bargain enough :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement