Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bangernomics car of the week/day

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭barura

Gotta sit this one out til the VW dies man. :P

Which is scheldued for 3 months.... :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭_Conrad_

barura wrote: »
    I was told it was on the scale of 1-50, that it was #29, so as a student, I needed 2 years no claims and a full license... Oh and be 25!

A ford focus would be easier to insure as its only 10/11 on their scale. Must be price of parts and labor to fix I'd assume.

Ah well, roll on 25! :P

What? really? Have you a bad claims record or something? Sounds like their "scale" is a little bit on the made up side. I'm in my 20s and only once was refused a quote all round on volvos and that was an 850 T5R when I was 20 and looked for a quote just out of interest even though i was already on a trade policy so it didnt matter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭_Conrad_

Toyota Starlet, 500 bills. 1.3, NCT and Tax.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2739923

Nice Polo Saloon for 675, NCT blah blah.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2739811

Slim pickings today. I wonder if many people actually check this thread to actually buy cars as opposed to going "jaysus that's a bargin"...

The engine that's in those japanese import starlets is a little cracker, still dead reliable and they're little flyers! Expect some loading for insurance for anyone young though if the insurer picks up on the fact it's an import.

Saloon polo.... argh..... can't stand the things, heavy, thirsty and not even comfy or powerful

Ah it's with AXA. I'm not too pushed, it's just how they go about the premium.

I've a renewal in August next, so I'm good with a little car until then. I actually don't need a bigger car most of the time, just once every now and again it would be handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭thats not gone well

I've a renewal in August next, so I'm good with a little car until then. I actually don't need a bigger car most of the time, just once every now and again it would be handy.

what were the engines in those volvos barura?

i'm 20 diving a 2003 s40 1.8 (122bhp)
    Quinn were the only crowd that refused to quote me, and AXA insured me for €1800 fully comp

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

There's the problem. When renewing my insurance in 2009, it was €1470 with quinn. As quinn don't insure cars over 20 years old (an my E34 being my only spare usable car at the time :D) I decided to give axa a shout as I'd seen older cars being insured. Quote? €1800. Could I transfer the insurance to the BMW if I was really stuck? No, you're too young :rolleyes:

So I told them where to go...

They're not nice to my ladyfriend either, what she paid for her 1st insurance was what she paid the last time she had to renew it, no price reduction. Miserable lot imo :(

Btw britton gave me a quote for my E34 about a year ago, just €5800 for 1 year! For an extra €300 I can insure the V8 Merc at the house, whopee!!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Alfa 156, 600 clams, MCT for a year, etc etc.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2737235

Full?id=8791485

Wow now that I approve of, that's a hell of a lot of car for the money as long as it isn't hiding anything. Sweet machine.

Barura you're like a machine at this bangernomics lark, you just keep churning out some really nice cars! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Kevvv

166man wrote: »
    Alfa 156, 600 clams, MCT for a year, etc etc.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2737235

Full?id=8791485

Wow now that I approve of, that's a hell of a lot of car for the money as long as it isn't hiding anything. Sweet machine.

Barura you're like a machine at this bangernomics lark, you just keep churning out some really nice cars! :D

The description of the car doesnt exactly seal the deal for me. Iv got mine up for sale at the minute (Had to throw that in :p) but I have used up nearly all of the characters in the description :pac:

Kevvv wrote: »

The description of the car doesnt exactly seal the deal for me. Iv got mine up for sale at the minute (Had to throw that in :p) but I have used up nearly all of the characters in the description :pac:
    Your one is a thousand notes more though! ;)
    what were the engines in those volvos barura?

i'm 20 diving a 2003 s40 1.8 (122bhp)
    Quinn were the only crowd that refused to quote me, and AXA insured me for €1800 fully comp

The 1.6 estates I posted. Couldn't believe it! Something about being a student though. We'll see how it works next year...

Barura you're like a machine at this bangernomics lark, you just keep churning out some really nice cars!

It's not difficult, I just keep an eye out... It's good to know the market. :) I will be getting a car to replace my one before March, so I just like to know what's out there. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,381 ✭✭✭✭Esel

unkel wrote: »
    How come?

Works in IE / FF / Opera / Chrome
    Not for me...
    mickdw wrote: »
    Some FF users have issues I believe although mine is fine.
    See? I'm not crazy, lazy, or on mobile! :D
    Hal1 wrote: »
    Right click the image, and copy link location. Paste in teh address bar. Simples.
    Eh, no. Gives the same pic only.

Pleeease just link the ad rather than a photo, unless you are just posting the pic to comment on it or to clarify something.

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

NCT for 12 months...but only taxed til the end of the month (bargaining chip)..

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2702699
    View2-8652572.jpeg

Low enough miles, full leather looks decent...and its parked outside a church too!

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Kevvv

Your one is a thousand notes more though! ;)

Well i suppose you could say that :pac: could also say its got 6 months tax and a longer NCT though :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭coolbeans

That Bravo would be nice! Tempting tempting,,,

I'm ignorant, what's the fascination with those Bravos. The HGT is a five pot isn't it?

coolbeans wrote: »
    I'm ignorant, what's the fascination with those Bravos. The HGT is a five pot isn't it?

I have an addiction to them :pac: buying, stripping, building etc... HGT is a 5 pot indeed, not gone on them strangely enough. Lovely sound from them though :D

Cheap runabout? Tax to May, NCT to 4/13. 500 notes

Full?id=8801993

coolbeans wrote: »
    The fascination is that I'm good friends with dgt who knows them like the back of his hand and that I'll be needing a new car soon. Also, Alfa leathers fit into them pretty handy. The comfort of an Alfa with the cheapness of a Fiat, perfect! :)

Don't forget rear axles, handbrakes, steering wheels, subframes and engines are interchangeable into a Bravo too ;)

Gotta love it when manufacturers use the same floorpan and chassis on several different cars! :D

VW Golf witha year NCT and tax til middle of next year! 500 bills!

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2742771

View2?id=8819787

A Mk3 as well... Sigh...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,468 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

NCT'd Dayyyyyyyysel Golf. 200 clams :pac:

Full?id=8822650

Volvo XC for 600. Only tested till January, but surely with investigation?

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2744655

• Advertisement

Says 350 now? 1.6 daysels are pro!

Barura, opinions on this? 295, NCT'd till may

Full?id=8801174

Says 350 now? 1.6 daysels are pro!

Bastard!!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭mondeo

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Volvo XC for 600. Only tested till January, but surely with investigation?

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2744655

Now I would love that!

dgt wrote: »
    Barura, opinions on this? 295, NCT'd till may

Full?id=8801174
    Bloody steal! I might check that out... :eek:

No... must resist... bargin.... timing chain.... AHHHH

An Octavia for bangeromics money. Can you imagine!

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2744706

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Top Dog

colm_mcm wrote: »
    An Octavia for bangeromics money. Can you imagine!

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2744706
    No photo of the boot :(

Top Dog wrote: »
    No photo of the boot :(
    Camera didn't have a wide enough lens. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,998 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Hehe I've seen the Octavia joke a few times now but what's the story? Is it really a great car for the money, is it terrible... what?

• Advertisement

It's a fine car, but aparrently the selling point is the boot and the TDi lump they put in it. It was/is reasonably priced also. :)

Truth be told, the jokes grew on me, I didn't think much of em to begin with. Then I read up on felt spec...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement