Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bangernomics car of the week/day

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Fishtits wrote: »
    Its petrol, forget about it.

o.O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,612 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Yep me likes :)

I just love it when everybody wants to sell their big petrol car and wants to buy a small diesel car. I buy when everybody else wants to sell :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Especially with diesel prices heading north of petrol prices for the next few months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

Sorry this is off topic but limerickman can you tell me how to do this google thing ive tried and failed . Thanks . Once again sorry

Ok sorry bout this . I figured it out please ignore my request but keep up good work on this thread it's one of my favourites

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭_Conrad_

milltown wrote: »
    Especially with diesel prices heading north of petrol prices for the next few months.

Ah more mindless panic. It'd take a much faster and larger increase in price for it to outweigh the difference in mpg over any decent mileage when comparing a good diesel engine to the same size petrol one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Another poor trader trying to pay bills. Lovely car,

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2738820

Unfortunately those front seats kinda look like scrote with the wrinkles on them. :pac:

dar83 wrote: »
    Unfortunately those front seats kinda look like scrote with the wrinkles on them. :pac:

You can keep your wrinkly scrote to yourself! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Close on a years test, just serviced and new tyres.

Not pretty but not bad for €450 either.

View2-8857231.jpeg

Not many of them left now :)
    Brings back memories of contemplating what to get as the first car back in the day.

Full?id=8784892

78k, full Saab service history, excellent condition, recent extensive suspension work, just serviced, everything works, full leather, cruise control, aircon, tax till end of year, 6 months NCT

€1,650 €1,350

• Advertisement

unkel wrote: »

78k, full Saab service history, excellent condition, recent extensive suspension work, just serviced, everything works, full leather, cruise control, aircon, tax till end of year, 6 months NCT

€1,650 €1,350

Your new car? :)
    Happy motoring with it. Shall you be dropping the sump?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Looks an excellent purchase Unkel. Really nice mileage and a properly good spec too. Enjoy and long may she last you. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

link

€1,650 €1,350

Looks bloody savage!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

Looks bloody savage!

Looks like tremendous value, I've been looking at 95s myself. Do tell how it drives. Is it still tight at that age?

RoverJames wrote: »
    Shall you be dropping the sump?

Thinking about it. But first things first. I'll try and check what kinda service the car has been getting based on the service stamps. Perhaps the sump was dropped and cleaned already and / or perhaps fully synth has been used for a long time

@lomb - the car is very tight. Looks and feels like a 3 year old car. Not an over 10 year old. The ride is a lot less soft / comfy than I expected, most likely courtesy of the 17" wheels and low profile alloys. Love them BTW :cool:

Silly value for money, especially if you realise that insurance on these is cheap and the tax is only 2l (~€600). And may we all agree that my depreciation will be as near to zero as you can get :D

I've never owned a petrol turbo and I'm the first to say it ain't a substitute for the pleasure / poke of a N/A big V8 petrol, but that said the mid range torque provided by the turbo is very useful

Big boot too and rear seats fold down. As much rear legroom as in my E38 7-series

Will hopefully go on a proper test drive tomorrow :)

And thanks all for the good wishes / nice words :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Thinking about it. But first things first. I'll try and check what kinda service the car has been getting based on the service stamps. Perhaps the sump was dropped and cleaned already and / or perhaps fully synth has been used for a long time

@lomb - the car is very tight. Looks and feels like a 3 year old car. Not an over 10 year old. The ride is a lot less soft / comfy than I expected, most likely courtesy of the 17" wheels and low profile alloys. Love them BTW :cool:

Silly value for money, especially if you realise that insurance on these is cheap and the tax is only 2l (~€600). And may we all agree that my depreciation will be as near to zero as you can get :D

I've never owned a petrol turbo and I'm the first to say it ain't a substitute for the pleasure / poke of a N/A big V8 petrol, but that said the mid range torque provided by the turbo is very useful

Big boot too and rear seats fold down. As much rear legroom as in my E38 7-series

Delighted for you Unkel, looks like you got a bargain and hopefully you will have many happy comfortable miles in it. I would also like to add that those alloys are the business too!Don't change them! Proper bangernomics. :D

Wouldn't touch it Unkel, looks the absolutely business.

Many happy miless to you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭samih

Next do some light reading at ecuproject.com and budget for a TD04 turbo from an aero. :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,468 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

But first things first.

You forgot to mention the uber-comfy seats :D

Well wear !

• Advertisement

peasant wrote: »
    You forgot to mention the uber-comfy seats :D

Yep seats are very good and lovely leather. Haven't checked yet if they are heated - was that standard across the range? The seats are probably better than anything else in the class.

That said, they aren't a patch on the ones that I had in my E38. But as anan1 pointed out to me, that was some kind of very expensive upgraded seats package I had, called "comfort seats" or something like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,381 ✭✭✭✭Esel

EPM wrote: »
    Close on a years test, just serviced and new tyres.

Not pretty but not bad for €450 either.

View2-8857231.jpeg
    Full?id=8784892

€1,650 €1,350
    Lads, will yez pleeease post links to ads, not to pics only? Ta

Not your ornery onager

Esel wrote: »

EPM has to defend himself, but my pic does indeed have a link to the ad!

And if that doesn't work for you, I'm afraid it is a problem on your end. Tried and tested with IE and Opera. Working fine :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Great purchase Unkel - very jealous. Best of luck with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,381 ✭✭✭✭Esel

EPM has to defend himself, but my pic does indeed have a link to the ad!

And if that doesn't work for you, I'm afraid it is a problem on your end. Tried and tested with IE and Opera. Working fine :)
    Not working for me using FF 8.0 on various machines (laptop and desktop, not mobile). I know other users have this issue as well. Link the ad, please! :D

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Another poor trader trying to pay bills. Lovely car,

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2738820

I thought the vectors were 2.3 litre?
    Looks like my former one :(, (not literally,) well with different wheels.
    Full?id=8784892

€1,650 €1,350

Nice motor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

jimmyw wrote: »
    I thought the vectors were 2.3 litre?
    Looks like my former one:(, not literally,well with different wheels.

I thought Vector was a trim level - maybe you're thinking of Aero?

Not working for me using FF 8.0 on various machines (laptop and desktop, not mobile).

Ah here. I just downloaded and installed FF 8.01 especially for you and it displays my ad just fine. Maybe you should try a different browser and keep it up to date (and maybe wake up mike65 as well while you are at it :p)

Eoin wrote: »
    I thought Vector was a trim level - maybe you're thinking of Aero?

I could be right enough:o:o Thanks.

• Advertisement

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2752956

Nice little runabout.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement