Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bangernomics car of the week/day

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,381 ✭✭✭✭Esel

unkel wrote: »
    Ah here. I just downloaded and installed FF 8.01 especially for you and it displays my ad just fine. Maybe you should try a different browser and keep it up to date (and maybe wake up mike65 as well while you are at it :p)
    Are you saying that you can click this link http://photos.donedeal.ie/photos/Full?id=8784892 then click on the photo that opens and it brings you to the car ad? I can't see that happening, tbh. Even right-clicking the photo from that link, then copying and pasting the link into the address bar just brings up the same pic.....

It will work if, while in the ad, you right click the main pic and Copy Link Location (not Copy Image Location). But that's not what you're doing....

I'm technically literate, and am happy with FF. Unless AdBlock has an issue that I can't see....

Can't see the problem just linking the ad, tbh.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭brophy

Full?id=8865941

2001 Mazda 626

Price: € 975 NCT 02/13

Only down tis a 1.8 petrol thou with 137k miles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,381 ✭✭✭✭Esel

^ Nice pic.... :rolleyes: :D

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,013 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Have you tried to click the image?

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭brophy

"Esel" that's a live image click it will bring ya to the dondeal page for the car with more images.

Its not a picture competion thread?????

Thought it was a bangernomics thread..........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

It'd be useful for boards, and for us web geeks who are interested in these things, to know exactly what specs you guys are having trouble clicking through to the ads on. Are you experiencing problems on desktops, or is it on mobile (particularly touch?)? What OS and browser combos?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

brophy wrote: »
    2001 Mazda 626
    Price: € 975 NCT 02/13
    Only down tis a 1.8 petrol thou with 137k miles
    It's a negative that it's ONLY a 1.8, or it would be better if there was gutless 1.6 option :D Good buy at that money if it's running anyway right. Think the 2001/2002 models had a slightly different engine (1998cc rather than 1991cc), so maybe they have better valve seals.

Know someone looking for a car at the moment and I keep seeing great stuff I'd buy with half their budget, but of course they want a 1.4 hatch, not 1.8L+ saloons or estates.

For the record, clicking on unkels link brings me to a photo all on it's lonesome.
    Chrome, Windows, have photos turned off while logged in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,013 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

langdang wrote: »
    It's a negative that it's ONLY a 1.8, or it would be better if there was gutless 1.6 option :D Good buy at that money if it's running anyway right. Think the 2001/2002 models had a slightly different engine (1998cc rather than 1991cc), so maybe they have better valve seals.
    The cc figures suggest 2.0L engines not 1.8L. Are you mixing something up along the way?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Quazzie wrote: »
    The cc figures suggest 2.0L engines not 1.8L. Are you mixing something up along the way?
    D'oh, I'd guess the 1.8 is a shorter stroke of the 1998cc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Trojan wrote: »
    It'd be useful for boards, and for us web geeks who are interested in these things, to know exactly what specs you guys are having trouble clicking through to the ads on. Are you experiencing problems on desktops, or is it on mobile (particularly touch?)? What OS and browser combos?

In my case it was (some time back) a problem between the chair and the keyboard ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭v240gltse

Unkel

that's a bargain alright:D:D:D:D and looks in great condition. Definitely get the sump dropped and cleaned if its not documentation and there's any "rattle" from the timing chain cover area ( particularly from the top left on a cold start ).

enjoy

brendan

No tax or test but for €395 you cant go too wrong

Full?id=8871376

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2756396

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭barura

Considering that you can get a tax and tested one for not much more than that, you can. Nice for spares all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭W123-80's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭pcardin

W123-80's wrote: »

:eek: €1500 ?! :eek: Dreamers section.

pcardin wrote: »
    :eek: €1500 ?! :eek: Dreamers section.

I don't think so to be honest.

As I said above if it checks out, and the milage is genuine, with over 1 years NCT & 2 full months tax, the car is surely worth €1000/€1100.

If the car is genuine,there is plenty of years motoring left in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

"Top spec"
    2.2 GL was the entry level Camry - it's not even a V6! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭pcardin

I don't think so to be honest.

As I said above if it checks out, and the milage is genuine, with over 1 years NCT & 2 full months tax, the car is surely worth €1000/€1100.

If the car is genuine,there is plenty of years motoring left in it.

Maybe you are right, depends of the taste. Still think there are way more interesting cars around for that money.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Maybe you are right, depends of the taste. Still think there are way more interesting cars around for that money.

Doubt you would find any more reliable for the money and let's face it at this end of the budget reliability is probably more important than power or speed!

Taste is subjective..:D

Def more interesting cars out there alright. I'm blinded by my bias.!

I figured the milage/tax/test situation merited entry to the illustrious bangernomics club..!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Just passed a 95 LS430, absolute monster of the car. Honestly, it has the presence of a Roller.

I figured the milage/tax/test situation merited entry to the illustrious bangernomics club..!

Indeed, it should be good for another 15 years service too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Unfortunate appearance of Sellotape in photo:
    Full?id=8875481

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,468 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Also a pair of glasses by the gear lever

I'd avoid it tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭barura

One owner from new, Octavia for 1050, FSH, etc. NCT and all that jazz.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2747165

View2-8833898.jpeg

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Also a pair of glasses by the gear lever

I'd avoid it tbh

Bahahaahahahahahah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

I'm pushing it here I know but .......

( I think I need a moment alone :D )

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3395167.htm

3395167-2.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

That is class. 736 VRT, so shouldn't be too far off 2K on Irish plates?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Eoin wrote: »
    That is class. 736 VRT, so shouldn't be too far off 2K on Irish plates?

You'll get a bit off the asking too. He most likely wants a 1000 pictures of Liz for it. Boat, everything at 2 grand. Some yoke for that wonga.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement