Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bangernomics car of the week/day

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭barura

Toya Coral http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2770028

Tax til 6/12, NCT til 2/12

575 all the same.

View2-8930595.jpeg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭scoobymunster

dgt wrote: »
    Yoke for the winter?

This yoke

How much would ya be talking to get a new clutch though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭pcardin

Yoke for the winter?

This yoke

Full?id=8927495

NCT till end of Jan. 400 notes

Clutch gone and it's 500 notes. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭mullingar

Yoke for the winter?

This yoke
    no offers... first 500 secures.. no time wasters no moonlighters.. just needs a clutch... quick fix..

Clutch? Quick Fix?? :confused: Define quick.........:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

mullingar wrote: »

quick......if you happen to have a full workshop and a clutch handy and your day is going really slowly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

http://cars.rte.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=201142205117924

media?xwm=y&id=12913936&width=640&height=480

Presume it's the wrong price but since the owner mentions leaving the country maybe it's for real.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

yimrsg wrote: »
    http://cars.rte.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=201142205117924

Presume it's the wrong price but since the owner mentions leaving the country maybe it's for real.

Don't be daft..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

yimrsg wrote: »

Still wouldnt want it tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

How much would ya be talking to get a new clutch though?
    pcardin wrote: »
    Clutch gone and it's 500 notes. :rolleyes:
    mullingar wrote: »
    quick......if you happen to have a full workshop and a clutch handy and your day is going really slowly

Ah fudge I missed that... :rolleyes:

Still, thats how I get my kicks, workin' on stuff like that. Suitable for someone with a similar minded mind I guess ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Just on a note about Mg ZR's without test, I've heard from a few people that they're fairly basic underneath and do not fail on much, and at that parts can be got relatively cheap. If it was smokey/smelly at the rear, I wouldn't be majorily concerned. But also remember that 04-05's with a very good test can be got for aruond the 2k mark, so budget well.

They're a bit cheapy feeling inside too though, not plastic wise, just a general cheap feel.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Bravo

Full?id=8926095

Seems too cheap...
    Belts are probably due to be changed or the Engine is starting to burn oil,The 1.4's weren't the best engine.

Just on a note about Mg ZR's without test, I've heard from a few people that they're fairly basic underneath and do not fail on much...................

Trailing arm bushes on the back suspension would be the only weakness suspension wise, 50k mile ish job really. Engine wise they walk emissions tests unless the Cat or CTS is needing replacement. Very little to go wrong with them really (HG aside and that's not the end of the world unless it was cooked). Was never a huge fan of the ZR though, mark 2 ZS could tempt me though.

R65 gearbox is a bit chocolatey bearing wise though, should knock 100k miles out of one before it gets too whiney though, Ford IB5 (I think that's what 'tis called, not sure) in the later ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

pmcmahon wrote: »
    Belts are probably due to be changed or the Engine is starting to burn oil,The 1.4's weren't the best engine.

Yes what were Fiat thinking bringing that 12v head out... What was wrong with the previous 8v head? The block is sound. Just the oil spray bar above the cam, the holes for the oil are too small. Wrong oil = cam starved of oil. Bye bye cam. In fact the whole rocker system was crap, wearing exhaust valve stems prematurely... Plus the stepper motor gives bother and is as rare as rocking horse manure these days to get hold of. Common symptoms are no start or stall in traffic... :rolleyes:

Still, you could get this car, sell the audio equipment and get some of the money back :)

Edit: It has a full Abarth bodykit minus the wheels. Worth alot more than it looks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

pmcmahon wrote: »
    Been there done that - not the best is right. They were nice enough to drive tho. If I was looking for a cheap car and a nice 1.2 (or 1.6, unlikely tho) came up I'd certainly consider it. 1.4 I wouldn't do again.

Hmmmm, any brave folks wanna chance this Fiat Stilo Abarth 2.4?
    Full?id=8063767

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

RoverJames wrote: »
    Trailing arm bushes on the back suspension would be the only weakness suspension wise, 50k mile ish job really. Engine wise they walk emissions tests unless the Cat or CTS is needing replacement. Very little to go wrong with them really (HG aside and that's not the end of the world unless it was cooked). Was never a huge fan of the ZR though, mark 2 ZS could tempt me though.

R65 gearbox is a bit chocolatey bearing wise though, should knock 100k miles out of one before it gets too whiney though, Ford IB5 (I think that's what 'tis called, not sure) in the later ones.

There are plenty of them about breaking, so used parts would come cheap. You can generally smell a cat gone so hence the comment.

I like the Mk 2 Zs too, if I could get one with a proper engine. ZT wins hands down though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

That Grand cherokee got me thinking. Is there any 4x4's that would fall into the bangernomics model? I like suzuki jimnys for the low tax bracket (1.3) and fuel consumption but they have disavantages too. The lowest you seem to be able to get one for is around 1200 which you could pick up a very decent small car for half that.

I suppose to get anything for under a grand you are talking about battered discoverys and izuzu troopers where you are going to get crucified on tax and fuel. Any ideas guys?

I'd like an L series powered Mark 2 ZS but it makes no sense as you'd get a late diesel ZT for the same money. 2.5KV6 makes no sense either with emissions based VRT for importing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Remmy wrote: »
    That Grand cherokee got me thinking. Is there any 4x4's that would fall into the bangernomics model? I like suzuki jimnys for the low tax bracket (1.3) and fuel consumption but they have disavantages too. The lowest you seem to be able to get one for is around 1200 which you could pick up a very decent small car for half that.

I suppose to get anything for under a grand you are talking about battered discoverys and izuzu troopers where you are going to get crucified on tax and mpg. Any ideas guys?
    You'd get a Honda CRV for 1100 - 1300 if you squeezed hard enough.
    Yikes, just looked, you'd get one for 1k alright.
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2765446

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I suppose to get anything for under a grand you are talking about battered discoverys and izuzu troopers where you are going to get crucified on tax and fuel. Any ideas guys?

The Vitara maybe? No idea what they're like though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

langdang wrote: »
    Been there done that - not the best is right. They were nice enough to drive tho. If I was looking for a cheap car and a nice 1.2 (or 1.6, unlikely tho) came up I'd certainly consider it. 1.4 I wouldn't do again.

Hmmmm, any brave folks wanna chance this Fiat Stilo Abarth 2.4?
    Is that the same salespeed box as Alfa use?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,468 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Non turbo forrester

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Non turbo forrester

Ah jaysus.....

dark green with scratches on the outside and rubber mats with a smell of scruffy long haired dog on the inside. Uuuggggg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,468 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

....and automatic

If slight eh...."attension" is just some bushings and bearings then its worth a punt. But if it puffs blue smoke and holds second gear till 83 mph then its fit for the bin.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2762231

Full?id=8896907

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭HJL

cloneslad wrote: »
    Full?id=8884154

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2759353?cid=2759353&

NCT 11-2012. Seems clean enough, but no mention of mileage.

€595

That is one very well t-cutted car.

Hate that shiny sh1te some people put on the interior when selling cars though.

HJL wrote: »
    That is one very well t-cutted car.

Hate that shiny sh1te some people put on the interior when selling cars though.

The really went to town cleaning the front passenger seat ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

johnos1984 wrote: »
    The really went to town cleaning the front passenger seat ;)

The old chuck it in the skip method. Nice.

The old chuck it in the skip method. Nice.
    It could be that or else maybe someone had an invalid swing seat installed and lost the original.

Looks like a pensioners car tbh given it seems to be in good condition............that doesn't mean it's ever been serviced though

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭HJL

johnos1984 wrote: »
    It could be that or else maybe someone had an invalid swing seat installed and lost the original.

Possibly the reason it is a 3 door as well, bigger doors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

It's a foreign guy that owns it. Called him earlier. He said it's driving perfectly and has 140k on the clock.

I haven't seen it so I don't know if he's bullshítting me or not when he said it was driving perfectly

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement