Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bangernomics car of the week/day

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

robbie_998 wrote: »
    how about it should only have an NCT til 2012 ?

cars over 10 years go every year ?

It looks nice except an odd spec, it looks like it has leather but it has no alloys or anything.. Could have been a scrappie job I suppose..

166man wrote: »
    ............. it looks like it has leather...............

Not to me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

Nissan Doctor, excuse the noobish question but what is the difference between a racing clutch and a standard one?

Well 'racing' clutch is a loose term thrown around by people who fit anything from a mildly uprated clutch to an actual competition spec clutch.

In standard clutch designs(i.e separate pressure plate and clutch disk) its to do with the clamping force. In standard clutches the spring rates of the pressure and clutch plates are soft to make them comfortable to use(light pressure on the clutch pedal and gentle engagement) but having it soft promotes clutch slip, so if you drive hard or on track or increase the power of the engine, the clutch wear will be greatly accelerated.

Uprated clutches have stiffer spring rates meaning the clutch engauges much more sharply(usually resulting in a stiffer clutch pedal) meaning less slip when changing gear and the ability to hold more power. They also have higher spec clutch lining which is able to grip at higher temperatures then standard.

Explaining multi plate clutches is for another thread:P

In standard clutch designs(i.e separate pressure plate and clutch disk) its to do with the clamping force. In standard clutches the spring rates of the pressure and clutch plates are soft to make them comfortable to use(light pressure on the clutch pedal and gentle engagement) but having it soft promotes clutch slip, so if you drive hard or on track or increase the power of the engine, the clutch wear will be greatly accelerated.

Uprated clutches have stiffer spring rates meaning the clutch engauges much more sharply(usually resulting in a stiffer clutch pedal) meaning less slip when changing gear and the ability to hold more power. They also have higher spec clutch lining which is able to grip at higher temperatures then standard.

Explaining multi plate clutches is for another thread:P

So other than a stiffer clutch pedal in that 106 ad less wear when driven hard, that's the only difference between that and a standard clutch? Cheers for the reply man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

So other than a stiffer clutch pedal in that 106 ad less wear when driven hard, that's the only difference between that and a standard clutch? Cheers for the reply man!

No problem.

Most likely its just got a mildly uprated clutch so yeah, stiffer pedal is all most people would feel.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

Re: that MR2

I picked up a non turbo one, same year, in pretty good nick, with lower mileage, for less money than that. It has been fully checked over by now and has a clean bill of health. It is possible to get them that cheap!

RoverJames wrote: »
    Not to me :)

Specsavers it is for me then! Photo's ain't great I thought it was beige leather interior... :o:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Another 156 with NCT to september for €675

Full?id=8972687

Full?id=8972687

link to add would be helpful :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Full?id=8972687

Link?

• Advertisement

View2?id=8972687

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2780140

Here's the link was looking at this earlier, high mileage for an Alfa though and it concerns me that it's been of the road since March... Nice car though..

whoops forgot the link but it is posted. The Seller mentioned that he has been abroad so that may explain why it has been off the road for a while

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

voojeq wrote: »
    asking for 999, how about 850

How sure are you that all these ads will take less than asking price?
    In the instance above, he more than likely will, seeing as it is an odd number just below the grand mark - however, what is getting all too common is people saying "€1600 will probally take €1400" or "€1800 but will come for €1500".
    You are assuming a lot. 9 out of 10 times people will take less than asking but not necessarily by that margins mentioned above.

cadaliac wrote: »
    In the instance above, he more than likely will, seeing as it is an odd number just below the grand mark - however, what is getting all too common is people saying "€1600 will probally take €1400" or "€1800 but will come for €1500".
    You are assuming a lot. 9 out of 10 times people will take less than asking but not necessarily by that margins mentioned above.

That's true but how many of these cars are being sold for a quick sale? I would imagine if somebody was looking for €1600 and you put €1400 cash in front of them they would take it.

Probably worth a call to see what the "few jobs" are but a diesel with NCT for €650 http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2770004

View2-8968805.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Nice mg zs 1.8 with test for pennies

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2558389

Not driving due to cv joint though... Hmmmm

Has to more than a CV joint wrong with this?

Full?id=9004386

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2787430

Original car within bangernomics budget. Looks ok for a 25 year old motor.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭voojeq

cadaliac wrote: »

i'm not assuming anything, i'm saying what i would pay for it

it doesn't have to mean that seller have to agree to anything just like a buyer isn't obliged to buy his car it's a free country and let's keep it that way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭turbodiesel

Lads it's my own yoke, hope I'm not breaking any rules by posting it up here..... http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2787649

I'll ad some pics from home later,had 2 enquiries already within 20 mins....

Vast service history to verify the mileage as correct right back to the collecton papers in 1997. 2 previous owmers. I have owned since 2007 and got it with approx 90k miles. Part time taxi usage. Interior is Birds eye maple wood with black and dark red cloth. Original Sony CD radio cassette head unit and sony 10 disc changer in the boot. Car is running well but as of last November 2010 has a broken (snapped) glow plug in the head. Starts on 4 of 6 cyclinders so is diesel smokey for about 15 seconds and then clears and runs perfectly smooth and runs on 6 cyclinders. Avg 26mpg as taxi usage and mid to late 30's on distance work. It passed the NCT with 163k miles in this condition. Some rust on bottom of drivers door and drivers side front wing. NCT's and taxed (as a taxi) until April 2012. Cheap and comfortable winter motoring. Near offers accepted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Full?id=9004386

There was a priest near Macroom drove one of them, with the rear window louvres
    14161_4317.jpg
    Not your average priesty car!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

langdang wrote: »

Different car, same idea, cheaper price. No mention of NCT unfortunately
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2785025

edit - no leather, dunno if these were 200hp at all...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

voojeq wrote: »
    i'm not assuming anything, i'm saying what i would pay for it

......... it's a free country and let's keep it that way

Where did you hear that? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭mondeo

Sold! :eek::eek:

Some Hawk eye was probably on here eye balling the bejaysus out of this thread looking for a super deal! Lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Full?id=9004386

Underpowered with the 1.6lt engine ,though. It'd really need the 1.8.

another sub €1000 diesel estate then only 7 month NCT though

Full?id=9007228

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,611 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

if somebody was looking for €1600 and you put €1400 cash in front of them they would take it.

This is it. You'd try to get closer to asking but if the €1,400 is all you're gonna get from that buyer, and the money is right there, it might not be such a good idea to say no thanks and hope for the better (which might never come)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Black 1.6 Mk4 Golf with NCT until 03/13. Looks clean but mileage might be a bit low and not sure what's up with the turf bag/towel in the driver side footwell - http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2789105

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,468 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

That guys a dealer, google the number

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement