Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bangernomics car of the week/day

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

I'm totally calm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭MyStubbleItches

JJJJNR wrote: »
    I'm totally calm.

I always presumed any 'S' Audis had fairly big engines, not the 2.2 this one has. The one in Ronin definitely had a bigger one!! Of course the pug was able to keep up with it so maybe it hadn't after all...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,468 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Still manages a sub 7 sec 0-60

Still only 2k also, not bad for 230bhp, torsen 4x4, none of your cheap haldex stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

I'm totally calm.

Ah lads will ye feck off. She'll kill me if I buy another car this close to Christmas :D

no-image-large.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,404 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

1 owner..... ya right

mickdw wrote: »
    1 owner..... ya right

In Ireland that is. But how mny had it in the UK before it was imported in the mid 00s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭analfabets

Still only 2k also, not bad for 230bhp, torsen 4x4, none of your cheap haldex stuff.

Would that be same ABY engine as in S2?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,611 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

torsen 4x4, none of your cheap haldex stuff.

Indeed Haldex is Mickey Mouse stuff. Let's all have a good laugh at this :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Bawnmore wrote: »
    what's up with the turf bag/towel in the driver side footwell - http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2789105

That looks like one of the paper sheets with two footprints printed on that valeters put in after they're done cleaning the car?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭maidhc

unkel wrote: »

Give me a G-Wagen with full locking diffs anyday!

I'm totally calm.

NCT up 6 months, add suggests the price is the price, wouldn't be tempted by that tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Is that serious? That's such a disgrace O.o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Saab/9-5/SE-Linea/201130203573966/advert?channel=CARS

Fairly sure this is Unkel's new car? Unless he is selling it? Came across the ad today. Wonder why it's still on Carzone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

166man wrote: »
    http://www.carzone.ie/search/Saab/9-5/SE-Linea/201130203573966/advert?channel=CARS

Fairly sure this is Unkel's new car? Unless he is selling it? Came across the ad today. Wonder why it's still on Carzone?

"This advert was last updated 133 days ago"

166man wrote: »
    Fairly sure this is Unkel's new car?

I was just posting that you have a very good memory as my car is the exact same colour and has the exact same wheels. But then I saw the reg.

Blimey that is my car!!!

And you've just done me a great service linking to that ad. I'll keep ya all posted. Thank you, 166man!

RoverJames wrote: »
    NCT up 6 months, add suggests the price is the price, wouldn't be tempted by that tbh.

I have a soft spot for that gen A6/100, but each to their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

langdang wrote: »
    Different car, same idea, cheaper price. No mention of NCT unfortunately
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2785025

edit - no leather, dunno if these were 200hp at all...

Yep, 200bhp in the T4. 0-60 is 7.1

I have a soft spot for that gen A6/100, but each to their own.

I can see the appeal :)

Real small sleeper the T4. And it only has a 1.8l (a bit over) 4-pot engine! See a few pages back where we discussed it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

I was just posting that you have a very good memory as my car is the exact same colour and has the exact same wheels. But then I saw the reg.

Blimey that is my car!!!

And you've just done me a great service linking to that ad. I'll keep ya all posted. Thank you, 166man!

I was looking at those 9-5s as college was boring, and I looked at that saying it looked familiar..then I remembering it having quite a high reg number. Decided to check it and boom same car! Do keep us posted though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭turbodiesel

Blimey that is my car!!!

Is the mileage correct? 47k!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭pcardin

I always presumed any 'S' Audis had fairly big engines, not the 2.2 this one has. The one in Ronin definitely had a bigger one!! Of course the pug was able to keep up with it so maybe it hadn't after all...

The one in Ronin was S8 iirc. Different car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Full?id=9017374

Tax 7/12
    NCT 7/12
    78k with Timing belt done at 61K miles
    Not too shabby at 650

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2790583

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Scary thing about those Rovers is you'd buy a newer 25 for not much more, sans le tax though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭turbodiesel

Lads it's my own yoke, hope I'm not breaking any rules by posting it up here..... http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2787649

I'll ad some pics from home later,had 2 enquiries already within 20 mins....

Vast service history to verify the mileage as correct right back to the collecton papers in 1997. 2 previous owmers. I have owned since 2007 and got it with approx 90k miles. Part time taxi usage. Interior is Birds eye maple wood with black and dark red cloth. Original Sony CD radio cassette head unit and sony 10 disc changer in the boot. Car is running well but as of last November 2010 has a broken (snapped) glow plug in the head. Starts on 4 of 6 cyclinders so is diesel smokey for about 15 seconds and then clears and runs perfectly smooth and runs on 6 cyclinders. Avg 26mpg as taxi usage and mid to late 30's on distance work. It passed the NCT with 163k miles in this condition. Some rust on bottom of drivers door and drivers side front wing. NCT's and taxed (as a taxi) until April 2012. Cheap and comfortable winter motoring. Near offers accepted.

Just sold it to a Moldovan going home for xmas for 500 quid. He reckons he will sell it over there for the same and maybe a little more and then return on a cheap flight once he is finished with it..

This machine keeps getting cheaper. Been for sale for a while now which alerts my sences. That and the fact that its just had a turbo fitted. There might be a legacy of the sludge problem lurking inside. Mind you if you got it for a grand and dropped the sump straight it might be chancy. Gotta make sure there's no knocking or banging coming from inside the lump though .....

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2757151

View2-8874559.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Far from the most desirable car out there, but '03 plate, NCT to mid-2013, low-ish miles (70k), leather and an asking price of €1200.

Full?id=8300568

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2616842

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,468 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

• Advertisement

Saab Ed wrote: »
    This machine keeps getting cheaper.

Yeah I came across that one on my searches. Asking was about 1800 / 1900 a few weeks ago iirc. NCT out since July iirc from the previous ad too. No harm giving the owner a call, but the signs ain't great and there's plenty of better fish in the sea :D

My conclusion from your own advice to me:

turbo just replaced -> pass
    engine just replaced -> go

:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement