Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bangernomics car of the week/day

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

My sump shouldn't look like this O.o

:P

nova89.jpg

This is the oil sive, and you can see it's majorily blocked. Pouring a drop of oil through this, it settled, waited, and eventually went through. I'll post more pics tomorrow, enough work done for one day!

nova90.jpg

Thanks to v240gltse for all the guidance and link to do this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

I've seen 'em worse, but 5000 mile oil services are going to have to be the norm on this car!

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭v240gltse

hi limerick_man,

glad to be of help and if you DO ;) decide to keep it , remember oil and filter swap every 6k with ONLY fully synthetic oil.

now go have a well earned pint or two

brendan

esel wrote: »
    F22B3, no?
    If it's a VTEC it'll have either the F22B1 or the F22Z2, if it's non-VTEC it'll have the F22B2. I'd imagine it's the Z2 though.

It's not VTEC, I bought one of these years ago and it had an F22b5. The F22B2 is a SOHC 2.2 135bhp engine that they threw in some Preludes. I bought this savagely sexy Accord Coupe non VTEC a few years ago and they definitely are F22B5.

Rear_blank.jpg
    SideF_blank.jpg
    Side.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭I Was VB

• Advertisement

€650 combined with sellers suggestion that it's suitable for parts to me translated to bucket of sh1t :D

RoverJames wrote: »
    €650 combined with sellers suggestion that it's suitable for parts to me translated to bucket of sh1t :D

I was thinking the very same!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,406 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Still if one was running a slightly better one of those, a parts car bought for €500 might not be a bad idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Saab Ed wrote: »

That's the spirit ...barge, 2 years NCT, less than a grand ...poifecct !

• Advertisement

peasant wrote: »

17 months NCT ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

it is sweet and a good price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,328 ✭✭✭alias no.9

No leather and you have to change the gears yourself, that's not a proper barge:D.

sugarman wrote: »

8cbaed518a2b0a92f081df90dd1bc40a0a97a8828d88533ae8c0dcb598881c65.jpg

I'd say move the decimal point one to the left amd you've got the real worth of that yoke. Probably a great car but really its worthless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭tinofapples

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

A friend got one for less than half that, in silver with as much test! it's not still like that, but that's not the point of it... Wayyy over priced at that IMO

Its old , not very sexy and the test isn't even that long but this looks like a real gem in the bag.....

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/vintagecars/1493909

View2?id=3751042

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

^^ Looks straight, If the price could be worked on, would be a cracker.

Its old , not very sexy and the test isn't even that long but this looks like a real gem in the bag.....

View2?id=3751042

I'd like that a lot. Good find, pity it's in Cavan. Can't buy anything until I get rid of the 520 anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭samih

+1 for the baby Benz. Hope it finds a good home. '92 is great year in Mercs because it was just before water based paints were introduced so they rust less. Also this example would be one of the last models of the 190 before the C-class was introduced, so best of the crop.

It would also be future proofed as, in general, no need to worry about strictish NCT emission test (for post '93 cars).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

8cbaed518a2b0a92f081df90dd1bc40a0a97a8828d88533ae8c0dcb598881c65.jpg

I'd say move the decimal point one to the left amd you've got the real worth of that yoke. Probably a great car but really its worthless

How so? It's a cheap to run, comfortable car that is both practical and reliable.

I'm sure if it was an as rough as a dog's bollocks W124 with loads of rust holes it would be a 'bargain'.:rolleyes:

VolvoMan wrote: »
    How so? It's a cheap to run, comfortable car that is both practical and reliable.

I'm sure if it was an as rough as a dog's bollocks W124 with loads of rust holes it would be a 'bargain'.:rolleyes:

I stop defending the indefensible here. I know you love the aul Volvos but really , a 460 isn't a real Volvo , its a modern day daf with a Renault engine. Not exactly 740s or V70s ;)

samih wrote: »
    +1 for the baby Benz. Hope it finds a good home. '92 is great year in Mercs because it was just before water based paints were introduced so they rust less. Also this example would be one of the last models of the 190 before the C-class was introduced, so best of the crop.

It would also be future proofed as, in general, no need to worry about strictish NCT emission test (for post '93 cars).

+1
    I stop defending the indefensible here. I know you love the aul Volvos but really , a 460 isn't a real Volvo , its a modern day daf with a Renault engine. Not exactly 740s or V70s ;)

+1 again, who would want a 460 ?

I'm not the biggest fan of them either, but I have first hand knowledge that they are a great bangernomics motor. I sourced one for a mate of mine and he held onto it for a few months, drove it around Ireland and then sold it for more than he paid shortly after. They may not be glamourous, but they are comfortable and faultlessly reliable if you buy right.

That's also a 440, which has the added practicality of a hatchback. 900 quid might be a bit rich for it, but it would be good value at around 400 less.

You don't aspire to own a 460...

I don't know why there's even an arguement, it's a horridly ugly, 1.8 manual car with no leather and it has hubcaps...

And it's green. Fail

You don't aspire to own a 460...

I don't know why there's even an arguement, it's a horridly ugly, 1.8 manual car with no leather and it has hubcaps...

And it's green. Fail

It's a 440, not a 460. You're hardly in a position to argue when you don't know what model the car even is.

As I said, it's by no means glamorous, but it would suit someone who isn't into them. It's a safe car for its age and most of them have unique features for their time such as heated seats. I'm not defending it because it's a desirable car, just that it's an effective one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

View2?id=3751042

+1 I think that looks great. I'd buy it in a shot if I could. Think its priced pretty well too to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,406 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

View2?id=3751042

I wouldnt mind a pristine one of those just to keep. Im going to buy something soon. They were my favourite merc of that era, it was a pretty much perfect design for its time.

• Advertisement

VolvoMan wrote: »
    It's a 440, not a 460. You're hardly in a position to argue when you don't know what model the car even is.

Deeply apologetic for entering a 6 instead of a 4.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement