Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bangernomics car of the week/day

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭tinofapples

eoin wrote: »
    Love that p1800.

There's one parked up close to me just left lying ......... must get a pic up on boards of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Are we allowed include 4x4's in Bangernomics ?

[IMG][/img]pajero.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Might get one of these for off public road use ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Bought this on Friday:
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1385883

€850.
    Happy days. Mechanically perfect. (Rear brake calipers need a little attention but otherwise spot on)
    I don't know why I didn't do this years ago!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

cadaliac wrote: »

Good stuff.
    Might take a look at a few of them since they're going for great prices.
    How's the boot size?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭pcardin

That's my concern, namely the fact alot of Eatern european who buy and sell cars fix them themselves, and from personal experience I wouldn't trust some of the craftmanship.

You're funny! I cant see anything wrong that someone can fix his own car if he knows the stuff? A lot of EE guys know mechanics very well and do not pay to local garage 50 euro for changing bulb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭pcardin

A friend of mine was looking at that as well, I must ask him did he go any futher with it. An eastern European lad was selling the one I linked above as well. 60 or 70% of the big luxo barges seem to be sold by them!

Them in EE preffer to show their love to luxo barges instead of sheeps :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

pcardin wrote: »
    You're funny! I cant see anything wrong that someone can fix his own car if he knows the stuff? A lot of EE guys know mechanics very well and do not pay to local garage 50 euro for changing bulb.
    His point was they might not know their stuff, nor might the cash in hand type mechanics they use. At least if there's some form of service history/receipts, you can verify that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

pcardin wrote: »

I wasn't being sarcastic, nor being funny... I don't pay a garage to do anything, but if I fix something, I fix it right. Anywho, this isn't the place for this kinda talk, moving on :P

I got another one today ladies and gentlemen,A nice Mk4 Golf GTi 150bhp, with a FSH from day one, and one owner for the last 7 years... High miles though, but the car is absolutely spot on, with a mint interior and almost mint exterior...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭bigbadbear

Typhoon. wrote: »

that link is broken

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,381 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Not your ornery onager

Thats a cracker. Looks almost like its stolen or somethin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

200e:eek:

View2?id=3786050

Jaysus its like a big oul ugly dog that should have been put down years ago but it still trundles around refusing to die.:D

No log book, 1.6 Carina...

In fairness, the way this thead has been going, that's an epic fail for the most part.

No log book, 1.6 Carina...

In fairness, the way this thead has been going, that's an epic fail for the most part.

€200.....

Jaysus its like a big oul ugly dog that should have been put down years ago but it still trundles around refusing to die.:D

Limerick man thanked this post but I think he wants to kill the loyal old dog as opposed to appreciating it's resilience :pac: (which is how i understood it)

If i had 200 bob looking for a car i'd be chuffed to find this tank.

bigbadbear wrote: »
    Limerick man thanked this post but I think he wants to kill the loyal old dog as opposed to appreciating it's resilience :pac: (which is how i understood it)

If i had 200 bob looking for a car i'd be chuffed to find this tank.

Yeah they're reliable old machines alright. I personally wouldn't want a fairly big car like that with a little 1.6 engine in it. Underpowered & probably not particularly frugal?

Also if it didn't pass the nct it might end up costing you a lot more than 200 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

The 1.6 is meant to be 100brake, not bad really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭I Was VB

Two and a half words that are just music to my ears!!

And they will not die, they are the cockroach of the motoring world will still trundle along quite happily mine is still covering 700-900 miles a week with no problems.

Sure didnt the pope have one and all!!

Toyota Carina E <3!!

probably not particularly frugal?

They are quite light on petrol to be fair :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭delynet

:(

It's a 1.6, possible ex taxi, Carina with no log book, tax or nct! No mother how much of a noble steed they are, that's not bangernomics! It's just not, so quit ye're jibber jabbering :P

delynet wrote: »

That's seriously cool!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Magown3

I'm only posting this as I have no intention of buying it... Even tho I've loved those cars ever since watching the film Ronin

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1502865

Full?id=3787518

2 Years NCT and a bargain basement price!

I Was VB wrote: »
    Two and a half words that are just music to my ears!!

And they will not die, they are the cockroach of the motoring world will still trundle along quite happily mine is still covering 700-900 miles a week with no problems.

Sure didnt the pope have one and all!!

Toyota Carina E <3!!

I've never owned one but ive sat in a few & found them to be grand big comfortable cars.

Big, comfortable. Two words i can't associate with my current car. Corolla.:( Gonnna sell her soon & do a bit of bangernomic driving myself.

Magown3 wrote: »
    I'm only posting this as I have no intention of buying it... Even tho I've loved those cars ever since watching the film Ronin

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1502865

2 Years NCT and a bargain basement price!

€3000, is that a bargain for a 13 year old 2.8 A8 ? €3000 is a good amount of cash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Magown3

RoverJames wrote: »
    €3000, is that a bargain for a 13 year old 2.8 A8 ? €3000 is a good amount of cash.

No it's not. When I viewed the ad it was only a few mins old and the price was actually €300.... Must have been edited after I viewed. His bad, not mine.

At 3k, it's not such a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭high horse

Magown3 wrote: »
    No it's not. When I viewed the ad it was only a few mins old and the price was actually €300.... Must have been edited after I viewed. His bad, not mine.

At 3k, it's not such a bargain.

It was 300 when I clicked on the link too and even though I don't have it to spare, I considered whether I could buy it anyway. It was a serious bargain at 300, not so much at 3000

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

RoverJames wrote: »

+1

I don't think that's great value at all.

Sub 1500 and it'd be looking a bit better.

There's an S8 for 3500 on donedeal at the moment, but it looks a right aul' dog

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

RichyX wrote: »
    Good stuff.
    Might take a look at a few of them since they're going for great prices.
    How's the boot size?
    Boot size is Ok. Its not hatch back size but fine for what I want it for.
    I couldn't believe how good the engine and running gear are. The Mazda 2.0 engine is pretty much trouble free and has been known for 200k plus mileage.
    Its just cheap motoring really.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement