Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bangernomics car of the week/day

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

cadaliac wrote: »
    Boot size is Ok. Its not hatch back size but fine for what I want it for.
    I couldn't believe how good the engine and running gear are. The Mazda 2.0 engine is pretty much trouble free and has been known for 200k plus mileage.
    Its just cheap motoring really.
    I have the estate version, a grand workhorse but showing it's age a bit now.
    Some of them will smoke a bit on startup from cold - the valve seals are usually the issue.
    Mine was smoking a small bit for a long time before it got really bad. Still passed NCT recently with only 40ppm Hydrocarbons at high revs (after a good warm up up the motorway). Got inexplicably worse for using oil after the last oil change but hopefully may settle down again. Mine is never gonna see 200k - I suspect the servicing it got before I had it wasn't the greatest. Still very good pull in the engine considering how basic it is, no variable valve timing or anything...

RoverJames wrote: »
    .............. and then the gearbox went. .............

Bangernomics :cool: (it's not always plain sailing)

Every cloud and all that :D
    Bought this yesterday

NewImage1.jpg

NewImage.jpg

Cost a bit more than what the last 4 or 5 yokes cost though :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,406 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

thats looks decent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Lookin good.

Come on RJ spill the beans, how much?, spec?, condition????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Ricardo G

What about this :D Just in case any of you know someone looking for a cheap yoke........its mine :p 269,000 miles and shes taxed and tested for 350 squid, 1.6 petrol and still going strong

Full?id=3697864

Lookin good.

Come on RJ spill the beans, how much?, spec?, condition????
    2.5 v6, auto, 83k miles, 2 year test, leather and suede seats, cruise control, parking sensors and all the usual stuff, abs, all electrics etc. Screen price was 2950, didnt pay close to that.
    Saab Ed wrote: »
    fail Ed ! 5 engines available in the zt , hope to feck this zt behaves herself.

:D

Dont know what it needs for a test but these things are a bloody rocket. Best kept secret ever , they'll murder civics. ;)

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1503657

View2?id=3790666

Ah lads , look at this yoke for a grand. Course you'll get it for less. Full service history and a new test . Proper Arthur Daley :p

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1445057

View2-3561835.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

tempting.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Every cloud and all that :D
    Bought this yesterday

Cost a bit more than what the last 4 or 5 yokes cost though :(

Bastard! :( Highly jealous

Picked up my GTI, sailed home from Kinsale! Happy days :)

Edit: Now THAT Xj is proper bangernomics!

Proper Arthur Daley :p

No no no...its pronounced 'Aafaw Dy-lee innit'.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Ah lads , look at this yoke for a grand. Course you'll get it for less. Full service history and a new test . Proper Arthur Daley :p

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1445057

View2-3561835.jpeg

I remember looking at a very similar one in the paper about 6 years ago, for €1000. Wouldn't surprise me if it was the same one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,381 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I remember looking at a very similar one in the paper about 6 years ago, for €1000. Wouldn't surprise me if it was the same one!
    They hold their value, then? :D

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Dont know what it needs for a test but these things are a bloody rocket. Best kept secret ever , they'll murder civics. ;)

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1503657

View2?id=3790666
    Drove this one http://www.carzone.ie/search/Mazda/323/1.8GT/200806187973501/advert?channel=CARS , ooh about 4years ago and was very impressed with it except for the price (closer to 6 at the time) . I'd say it hasn't been properly driven since...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Itsfixed

2.5 v6, auto, 83k miles, 2 year test, leather and suede seats, cruise control, parking sensors and all the usual stuff, abs, all electrics etc. Screen price was 2950, didnt pay close to that.

fail Ed ! 5 engines available in the zt , hope to feck this zt behaves herself.

:D

That's brilliant bangernomics. Most people seem to think only anything below €1k qualifies, but this ticks every box, IMHO.

langdang wrote: »
    Drove this one http://www.carzone.ie/search/Mazda/323/1.8GT/200806187973501/advert?channel=CARS , ooh about 4years ago and was very impressed with it except for the price (closer to 6 at the time) . I'd say it hasn't been properly driven since...

Ive been seeing this car on carzone literally for years. The 1.8 323 is mean't to be a little cracker but at this price?

Is this guy stuck in 2006 or something? He was looking for 5995 in 2007/2008, he dropped it to 4995 last year & now its sitting only a few hundred less. He wants almost 5 grand for an 11 year old car with 80k miles & a 1.8 engine that obviously will not appeal to folks looking for small engines with minimum tax, nor will boy racers be interested in a practical looking 5 door.

Ive seen similar cars going for no more than 2k in the dublin area in the last 2 years. Dream on.:rolleyes:

Itsfixed wrote: »
    That's brilliant bangernomics. Most people seem to think only anything below €1k qualifies, but this ticks every box, IMHO.

It's all relative to the car, but no matter what the car is, anything massively over 2.5k should be here! Unless it represent savage value!

The last one would be my definite pick of the three!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭I Was VB

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1457864

Looks very clean, 14 months NCT too.

Full?id=3619106

€850!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

I Was VB wrote: »

An auto?
    Never driven one but can't imagine it'd be much good.

Itsfixed wrote: »

Cheers John, I'm very pleased with it.
    It's all relative to the car, but no matter what the car is, anything massively over 2.5k should be here! Unless it represent savage value!

The ZT was €2250, I don't mind revealing my purchase price as don't reckon I'll be selling her soon :)

The ZT was €2250, I don't mind revealing my purchase price as don't reckon I'll be selling her soon :)

That's for nothing, to say I'm jealous would be an understatement.

I want a bangeronomics car.:mad:

This thread is killing me.

If you have 1,900 to spend send me a pm :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

Aye I know what ya mean! I'm going looking for a diesel car soon again and I don't know whether to get another bangernomics or buy something newer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,904 ✭✭✭patrickc

If you have 1,900 to spend send me a pm :P

hardly the saab for sale already is it?

patrickc wrote: »
    hardly the saab for sale already is it?

It is, it is but there's a story behind it!

I'll tell all soon!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,904 ✭✭✭patrickc

It is, it is but there's a story behind it!

I'll tell all soon!

umm serioulsy like that car, and am in the market for another ,, but the missus would prb kill me going from one 2.0 saab to another

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement