Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bangernomics car of the week/day

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

If all that is wrong is a headlamp and the brake hose it is, especially if the parts are included. lol at €10,000 a year ago though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 259 ✭✭frank gooding

I wonder is this the guy that works in Merlin car auctions.

Anything with engine truoble even a diesel "Is probably just a coil" :)

If genuine it looks like a nice car if the jobs are DIY able then could be a sweet deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 259 ✭✭frank gooding

does that 520i have a 523i badge on the back or am I imagining it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

New gearbox on a e1500 car? Doesn't make sense, something very dodgy there. I wouldn't touch a 1996 E39, feck knows what's wrong with it. Looks lovely though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

does that 520i have a 523i badge on the back or am I imagining it?
    It does indeed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,381 ✭✭✭✭Esel

It's all relative to the car, but no matter what the car is, anything massively over 2.5k should not be here! Unless it represent savage value!
    FYP

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,381 ✭✭✭✭Esel

RichyX wrote: »
    An auto?
    Never driven one, so don't know why I'm posting this. Doh!
    FYP :D

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

So, basically. There was a light rattle coming from the head of the engine, and with a help from a few forum members I was told drop the sump before it got any worse. Turns out the damage had already been done! Now it could be something as easy as getting a new head for the car, or worst case a new engine ( I have one sourced, with 98k miles for 400) the turbo is 100% still.

So, the car is taxed for three months, it's tested for three months (it was tested just two weeks ago, but it was back dated), and due to a lack of available funds I'll let the car go for €1,400... It's stands me €2,174 with the tax on it, so I'll have to take a bit of a hit, which is fairly sickening, but such is the life of bangernomics! If anyone has any interest, send me a pm!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

Saab Ed wrote: »

in fairness a 2.5 litre gas guzzler on the wrong side of 15 years needing attention is worth about 2 weeks dole

How did I miss this !

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1486521

View2-3722735.jpeg

...complete with new engine ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

That's a very nice looking E34. Taxing it is the only issue I'd have with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nogoodnamesleft

Alfa Romero 2.0 Gtv.....850euro

No mention of timing belt replacement thou

http://cars.donedeal.ie/donedeal/classifieds/viewFullPhoto.jsp?cid=3348925&ad=1390006

eljono wrote: »
    That's a very nice looking E34. Taxing it is the only issue I'd have with it

The 200,000 miles, the door lock needing attention and the asking price would bother me more than the tax tbh.

RoverJames wrote: »
    the asking price would bother me more than the tax tbh.

Tax ... Tax ....What is this Tax !!!!!! :confused::D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

"The 200,000 miles, the door lock needing attention and the asking price would bother me more than the tax tbh."

I think it could be still worth a shot though. Replacing a door lock isn't major surgery and if it has a verifiable FSH as it states in the ad, the 200,000 mls wouldn't put me off too much either. I'm not a BMW expert though and haven't done research on E34s so if there are mileage related engine issues for this model, I don't know about them.

However, the asking price is a starting price so if it drove well and checked out, I wouldn't consider the asking price to be o.t.t. either considering the car, engine and spec you'd be getting for the money.

Ugliest car in the world!

• Advertisement

What about:
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1499447

Doesn't say anything about mileage though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,406 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Ugliest car in the world!

Have you seen the Ssangyong range of vehicles?

mickdw wrote: »
    Have you seen the Ssangyong range of vehicles?

It's weird, I thought I'd edited my post above!

It should also read "The Ssangyoung rodious wouldn't get a look in!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Itsfixed

Cheers John, I'm very pleased with it.

The ZT was €2250, I don't mind revealing my purchase price as don't reckon I'll be selling her soon :)

You knocked the seller down well from his asking.

Yeah, I suppose a car like that is hard to sell though, loads of folk reckoning it's a bargain etc but not many who'd buy it :D She'll need new tyres before winter sets in too (225 45 18s aren't cheap :( ). Dealer selling it was happy to drop the price, I was surprised as he had a 2001 MG ZS for €1950 that he wouldn't budge on the price with, had no NCT but was after a HG change that he shelled out for. The ZT is a savagely better motor for €300 extra me thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭W123-80's

Kind of disgusted I don't need a car at the moment. This looks like a decent buy if its genuine.

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Toyota/Camry/2.2-GL-N/201026198616154/advert?channel=CARS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,406 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Yeah, I suppose a car like that is hard to sell though, loads of folk reckoning it's a bargain etc but not many who'd buy it :D She'll need new tyres before winter sets in too (225 45 18s aren't cheap :( ). Dealer selling it was happy to drop the price, I was surprised as he had a 2001 MG ZS for €1950 that he wouldn't budge on the price with, had no NCT but was after a HG change that he shelled out for. The ZT is a savagely better motor for €300 extra me thinks.

No comparison between ZT & the ZS and you certainly made the right choice as long as all is well with it.

Little to worry about though I would have thought

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

W123-80's wrote: »
    Kind of disgusted I don't need a car at the moment. This looks like a decent buy if its genuine.

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Toyota/Camry/2.2-GL-N/201026198616154/advert?channel=CARS

Probably good for another 150,000+ miles if properly maintained i'd say.

Nice barge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Stky10

eljono wrote: »
    " Replacing a door lock isn't major surgery

True, but it can be relatively expensive as I found out due to the fact it has to be custom sent from Germany based on the chassis number. I'm guessing ordering and fitting would cost around €500.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement