Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bangernomics car of the week/day

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

2001 E38s with no nav when it came standard. Only in Ireland!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Fair bit of car if ya got it for €3k! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

€1850 will buy this... I'm fairly tempted to be honest...

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1505767

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Wouldn't mind that as a parts car!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,612 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Please don't buy a 6 pot E38 :(

I know it would be a major step up from the likes of the Merc and Saab you've just owned (never mind the lowest of the low BMW had to offer 20 years ago :p), but it would not do the E38 justice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Nothing sexy here but taxed and tested volvo ....

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1520874

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/enda/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-4.png[/IMG]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,381 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Probably a 6 pot (sorry, Unkel :D), and a bit high-priced for bangernomics, but still... BMW 728iSE

Again, pricey - but not a banger! Volvo C70 2.0 HPT

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

@ esel - if that Volvo came for 2k it would be a real bargin. Engine and electronics overhaul would scare me unless I could find out what exact work was done and why...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

esel wrote: »
    Probably a 6 pot (sorry, Unkel :D), and a bit high-priced for bangernomics, but still... BMW 728iSE

Mate of mine has a dark green E39 with a hint of green in the leather, which I think one sort of can live with. But this hint of red in the leather is just gastly.

/M

esel wrote: »

34mpg on average :eek:
    Must only drive it on the motorway at 2000rpm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

RoverJames wrote: »
    34mpg on average :eek:
    Must only drive it on the motorway at 2000rpm.
    Nothing wrong with that. My friend was getting 36-37 mpg on motorways in UK in his E38 740iA. Sure, if you get hard on the trottle, she will eat fuel, but if you are cruising with the cruise control, the car is quite efficient.

Seweryn wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with that. My friend was getting 36-37 mpg on motorways in UK in his E38 740iA. Sure, if you get hard on the trottle, she will eat fuel, but if you are cruising with the cruise control, the car is quite efficient.

that was my point, to average 34mpg he must have been cruising on the motorway, hardly a realistic average mpg claim though is it :) Also an indicated 37-37mpg and actual 36-37mpg are not the same thing.

.....and lots of life left in this one. Super car :

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1535121

View2-3914498.jpeg

This for under a grand would be a sound bangernomics car ....

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1534942

View2-3913844.jpeg

How bout some 2 lite turbo four wheel drive bangernomics. Too much money for it I reckon but the guy seems desperate enough , you might just bag it cheap ;)

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1520014

View2-3854818.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

Saab Ed wrote: »

Interesting, but I can't even get a quote online for one of them!

How bout some 2 lite turbo four wheel drive bangernomics. Too much money for it I reckon but the guy seems desperate enough , you might just bag it cheap ;)

View2-3854818.jpeg

I wouldn't touch any Jap import Subaru! I've heard too many horror stories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

I have a mate on the lookout for a supermini or family hatchback (less than 1.4) for under 1200 quid and am finding it hard to find anything for him that is remotely decent with tax and NCT. Most of the cars are nasty older Ibizas and knackered 206's.

Has anyone seen anything on donedeal?

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭bigbadbear

VolvoMan wrote: »
    I have a mate on the lookout for a supermini or family hatchback (less than 1.4) for under 1200 quid and am finding it hard to find anything for him that is remotely decent with tax and NCT. Most of the cars are nasty older Ibizas and knackered 206's.

This isn't bangernomics just good value. (bargainanomics??:confused:)

I'm selling my 2001 corolla saloon 1.4L
    • 80,000 miles
    • silver
    • NCT till end of next April
    • Tax till end of September
    • New Exhaust
    • New front Brake pads
    It's a bargain of a price for what you get. If I had time to sell I'd be asking €2,500 and In a year it could sell for more than I'm asking.

€1900 and it's yours

see........ http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2056016607

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

I grabbed a two thousand ibiza last year for 500e and its done a few thousand miles as a runaround and never given a tap of trouble, did the nct in may too sof good till 2012. Not a terrible choice at all. 3 door though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

bigbadbear wrote: »
    This isn't bangernomics just good value. (bargainanomics??:confused:)

I'm selling my 2001 corolla saloon 1.4L
    • 80,000 miles
    • silver
    • NCT till end of next April
    • Tax till end of September
    • New Exhaust
    • New front Brake pads
    It's a bargain of a price for what you get. If I had time to sell I'd be asking €2,500 and In a year it could sell for more than I'm asking.

€1900 and it's yours

see........ http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2056016607

Dreamers
    >

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭bigbadbear

squod wrote: »
    Dreamers
    >

Why??:confused:

I could get you a 99 Mazda 323 for in and around 1200, tested etc. Pm me if they would have any interest in it
    squod wrote: »
    Dreamers
    >

Be polite, open the door.

Edit: Just re read it there, it's a 01. If it was clean that's pretty good value!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

View2-3854818.jpeg

If i hadn't of just bought the MR2 i would consider that, all the space and power you could ever need. I would call that right good value

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭MarkN

Bought this tonight - 318is. Slightly more than the 1K budget but I got what I paid for the Alfa back again. It's got climate, sunroof, a new clutch, JVC radio, alarm, tax until end of Sept and decent rubber. I have to put it through the NCT though.

46934_440787971784_560441784_5080445_7823563_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

well done Mark, what mileage has it? What happened the Alfa?
    Seems like a nice example. Well wear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭MarkN

Sold it on donedeal! Just missed RWD and the Alfa was very small for carrying people (in the back) or anything in the boot. There's 130,000 on it, very similar to the Alfa but it's taken the miles a lot better in so many ways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

MarkN wrote: »
    Bought this tonight - 318is. Slightly more than the 1K budget but I got what I paid for the Alfa back again. It's got climate, sunroof, a new clutch, JVC radio, alarm, tax until end of Sept and decent rubber. I have to put it through the NCT though.

46934_440787971784_560441784_5080445_7823563_n.jpg

Looks well.....I would have liked that for myself :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭coolbeans

I've gotta stop looking at this thread. The temptation is becoming too much!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement