Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bangernomics car of the week/day

Comments

It did actually, I'd love a Zs

Full?id=3648429

Preferably in grey or black...

Yep, when I tire of paying €1000/year in tax and the low 20mpg I reckon I'll be replacing the ZT with a 2005 diesel ZS with the 180 kit just like the one you have in that pic, colour not really an issue for me :)

I Was VB wrote: »

No NCT though really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

unkel wrote: »
    That car killed MG Rover. It is an utter heap of cr@p unworthy of the Rover badge :mad:

The CityRover didn't kill the company; it was incompetent and corrupt directors.
    RoverJames wrote: »
    No NCT though really

You can book an NCT within a week and if the car is in any sort of reasonable condition, it will fly through.

No big deal really.

VolvoMan wrote: »

You can book an NCT within a week and if the car is in any sort of reasonable condition, it will fly through.

No big deal really.

I'd be thinking why doesn't the current owner do it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Yep, when I tire of paying €1000/year in tax and the low 20mpg I reckon I'll be replacing the ZT with a 2005 diesel ZS with the 180 kit just like the one you have in that pic, colour not really an issue for me :)

That red is actually growing on me, you might send the Mg my way when you're finished with it :P

Edit: I meant to say a diesel Zs sounds like a great idea tbh!

The shortest wait I've had for an Nct is around a month, the rest were 2 or 3 months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Top Dog

I Was VB wrote: »
    74k miles :eek: Its barely broken in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,613 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

The CityRover didn't kill the company; it was incompetent and corrupt directors.

I disagree. Sure the way the company was run was appalling, but to serve up a piece of sh1te (it's all relative granted, it would make a nice upgrade for the bicycle of a Bangalore factory worker), stick the Rover badge (that still had some prestige to it) and price it at twice what someone might give for it was the final nail imho...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

The shortest wait I've had for an Nct is around a month, the rest were 2 or 3 months.

The shortest was about two weeks for me. Although, if you browse the website early in the morning it's not unheard of to get one within a few days.
    unkel wrote: »
    I disagree. Sure the way the company was run was appalling, but to serve up a piece of sh1te (it's all relative granted, it would make a nice upgrade for the bicycle of a Bangalore factory worker), stick the Rover badge (that still had some prestige to it) and price it at twice what someone might give for it was the final nail imho...

Meh, the Rover badge had already been through years of torture as it was. By that time, sticking 'CityRover' on a Tata wouldn't have done any harm as long as it was priced competitively. The biggest sin they made in my opinion was attempting to price it as a premium product.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,613 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

The biggest sin they made in my opinion was attempting to price it as a premium product.

I guess the car would have upset me a lot less if it had been sold for what it was, including a bargain basement price tag :)

The shortest was about two weeks for me. Although, if you browse the website early in the morning it's not unheard of to get one within a few days.

I got one for the Rover Coupe within 10 days, the gearbox went 4 days before the test though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

I logged on in June and there was a 2 month wait, logged in the next day and I got a date a few days later! Its all about the cancellations! ;)

I logged on in June and there was a 2 month wait, logged in the next day and I got a date a few days later! Its all about the cancellations! ;)

I know that all too well, but it's very hard get them in Limerick.
    I got one for the Rover Coupe within 10 days, the gearbox went 4 days before the test though.

I was talking to a friend of mine, as I knew he was trying to get a Rover Coupe the same as yours back on the road. When I told him how much you sold yours for he nearly cried! Lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

^^ very tasty ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Wouldnt touch that Corrado with a big pointy stick. Those alloys shout out this has been rallied by some burbery hat teenager with a hoody.

Love those cars though. For me it'd have to be as stock as possible and really looked after.

Saab Ed wrote: »

Sitting very very high on the rear, almost 4x4 arch clearance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Saab Ed wrote: »
    He'll have a job selling at that price unless it's sminty, "FAIRZ BIG INJUN" ;)

langdang wrote: »
    He'll have a job selling at that price unless it's sminty, "FAIRZ BIG INJUN" ;)

I reckon she'll be gone in a week at that ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

I'm getting meaner and meaner :o 500yoyos max if there's no tax on it

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

I know that all too well, but it's very hard get them in Limerick.

Try Ennis if you're really stuck, much shorter waiting list there and your cat will be nice and toasty by the time you get there :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Stunning car.
    indeed, but how big is the guys family if it's a "Excellent car and reluctant sale due to increase in family size!"?

i think someone needs a new hobby. :p

Try Ennis if you're really stuck, much shorter waiting list there and your cat will be nice and toasty by the time you get there :)

Yeah I've gotten one in Ennis handy enough before! Limerick always seems to be packed out!

I think we should make up a signature, and anyone who buys and runs a bangernomics car gets to wear the signature proudly :P

And on a bangernomics note, I'm sure a door for a silver E class would be very easy come by!

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1557860

Full?id=4002186

Also anyone who lives in Limerick will know this, it's owner lives on the Dublin, it's always parked there.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1431212

Full?id=3814739

Also, you could get a wheel fixed from €50-€80, so at worse, these at €300 would add to any bangernomics mercedes :)

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/carextras/1557023

Also, you could get a wheel fixed from €50-€80, so at worse, these at €300 would add to any bangernomics mercedes :)

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/carextras/1557023

Now why did you post that link:eek:

Just picked up a set today !

homer90 wrote: »
    Now why did you post that link:eek:

Just picked up a set today !

I'd buy them myself just to have them there!

Did you go for the 17's?

I'd buy them myself just to have them there!

Did you go for the 17's?

Yeah got genuine 17's that were on a c124 from factory... So happy enough ! They transform the car !!

• Advertisement

homer90 wrote: »
    Yeah got genuine 17's that were on a c124 from factory... So happy enough ! They transform the car !!

Pics please!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement