Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bangernomics car of the week/day

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

RoverJames wrote: »
    They may not be bad, but a 90bhp normally aspirated 2.5 diesel in a big yoke like a W124 certainly makes for woeful performance.
    Sure it is not the fastest thing on Earth... I drive one actually (250TD), and can't complain much about the performance. You can cruise effortlessly at any speed and overtake when you need to. The best thing about it is that if you buy one with Moon and back sort of mileage you can still put another Moon and back number on it and it will be more reliable than anything else you drove before ;). For me it is the ultimate Bangermobile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Phill Ewinn

homer90 wrote: »
    media?id=9535348&width=400&height=300

http://www.driving.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=201007196944388

€990

May have been posted already. No mention of Tax/Test

Love one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Love one.

Buy it for 900, drive it for 2 weeks and if there's nothing wrong with it I'll give you a grand Bahaha :P

Seweryn wrote: »
    Sure it is not the fastest thing on Earth... I drive one actually (250TD), and can't complain much about the performance. You can cruise effortlessly at any speed and overtake when you need to. The best thing about it is that if you buy one with Moon and back sort of mileage you can still put another Moon and back number on it and it will be more reliable than anything else you drove before ;). For me it is the ultimate Bangermobile.

I specifically mentioned normally aspirated 2.5s ;)
    Which I had for a few months and did about 4000 miles in, 4000 very slow miles where overtaking was not an option in most cases :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Phill Ewinn

Buy it for 900, drive it for 2 weeks and if there's nothing wrong with it I'll give you a grand Bahaha :P

Meh, sub me....

• Advertisement

RoverJames wrote: »
    I specifically mentioned normally aspirated 2.5s ;)
    Me too ;).
    They were only normally aspirated on UK and Irish market.

Me too ;)...

250TD?

250TD?
    250TD = 2.5 litre Transporter Diesel (Kombi / Estate / Wagon) ;).

250TD = 2.5 litre Transporter Diesel (Kombi / Estate / Wagon) ;).

Learn something new every day :)

Learn something new every day :)
    Yeah, almost every person believes that my Benz has got a T-charger of some sort by looking at the badge on the tailgate... :D

• Advertisement

Yeah, almost every person believes that my Benz has got a T-charger of some sort by looking at the badge on the tailgate... :D

Yeah, and then you see it pottering past at 14.7 mph and Joe behind the wheel, you know then :P

Yeah, and then you see it pottering past at 14.7 mph and Joe behind the wheel, you know then :P
    :D
    In fairness, when I am on a hurry, there are almost no cars passing this baby on a motorway. Once she gets the wind, of course :P.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭txpjl

Is there anything wrong with this car?

txpjl wrote: »
    Is there anything wrong with this car?

No Nct I assume!

Edit: It's more than likely an English Import, I'm not too sure how Volvos are for rust but no harm in checking!

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭thewintermute

I think this is what I want:

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1528287

I'm guessing the mileage isn't an issue, looks pretty well maintained.

Now where did i leave the young fellas college money?

I think this is what I want:

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1528287

I'm guessing the mileage isn't an issue, looks pretty well maintained.

Now where did i leave the young fellas college money?

"Much nicer to drive than a people carrier such as a Zafira, Picasso, Touran, Verso, or Scenic, and it won't depreciate either!!"

We should get him onto boards! I've an awful soft spot for these 124's :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

Man .... I did my best to get this thread back on topic, with that there Wolwo...

Apologies for all the mercedes talk, I feel somewhat to blame :D:D

We should get him onto boards! I've an awful soft spot for these 124's :D
    He is on boards somewhere ;).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

And LM undo's it all ^^^^

LOL :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

And LM undo's it all ^^^^

LOL :D

Nah the Coupes are nice cars. The saloons irritate me for some reason. And that's not a Bangernomics car!

/pedant

Confab wrote: »
    Nah the Coupes are nice cars. The saloons irritate me for some reason. And that's not a Bangernomics car!

/pedant

It's not bangernomics, but it's a cake in the diet :P The coupes are serious, if that was 2k I'd buy it. 3k is wayy too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Ahh noo ...that's been bling'd and gangsta'd ..you couldn't drive that without being hung with gold chains, wearing a baseball cap at a ridiculous angle and permanently getting your wrists and fingers in a knot.

peasant wrote: »
    Ahh noo ...that's been bling'd and gangsta'd ..you couldn't drive that without being hung with gold chains, wearing a baseball cap at a ridiculous angle and permanently getting your wrists and fingers in a knot.

Yer... Er... Of course... I wouldn't have any of those...

Yeah...

:p

Ah if it had a lighter tint on the windows, and normal numberplates it wouldn't look scummy at all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Ah if it had a lighter tint on the windows, and normal numberplates it wouldn't look scummy at all!

It's also been slammed, had a later grille and indicators fitted, the wheels are too big and then there is the tailpipe and those gruesome rear middle reflectors ..yepp, nice and original. Bet it drives like cack as well low as it is on those big wheels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Full?id=3440359

Nice car. Not sure about the drug dealer theme.:D

peasant wrote: »
    It's also been slammed, had a later grille and indicators fitted, the wheels are too big and then there is the tailpipe and those gruesome rear middle reflectors ..yepp, nice and original. Bet it drives like cack as well low as it is on those big wheels.

Big wheels? 17's? Ahhh now... You can't use the phrase "slammed" and say 17's are too big in the same paragraph :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,613 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Big wheels? 17's? Ahhh now... You can't use the phrase "slammed" and say 17's are too big in the same paragraph :P

I know some people now put 17" wheels on Micras or 18" wheels on Golfs these days but that doesn't make it right :)

Those wheels on the W124 coupe look good but I'd say ride quality would be seriously compromised. The standard wheels are 15". Hard to imagine now but back in the early 90s, small cars (micras, astras, golfs, etc.) had 13" wheels. Family saloons had 14" wheels...

When I bought my 7 year old (lowered and stiffened) E38 with savage looking low profile 18" wheels more than 6 years ago, the owner said he wished he had changed the wheels for the standard fat profile 16" ones. I forced myself not to chuckle, but he was damn right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Indeed, the 16s on E38s have noticeably higher levels of comfort than the bigger rims.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement