Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bangernomics car of the week/day

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

The owner had a LHD 1991 SL500 a couple of years ago, so by the sounds of it seems to be a classic MB fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Damie

Obviously not too classic going by the state of interior and exterior...:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,381 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Does it have a retracting brake pedal, or am I missing something?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

To be honest lads im baffled as to why anyone would actually buy it. Regardless of the price. Maybe if you planned on starting up a limo business or something.
    I mean a 5 series with a V8, yeah i get it. A big oul 90's jag...oh yes. But that thing is gigantic, heavy, too long, i'd say it handles like a supertanker, probably does 15mpg. Its a step too far in the world of bangeronomics IMO.

It does nothing for me whatsoever. Each to their own i suppose.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Damie wrote: »
    I dont have to justify anything, its my opinion.
    I thought that was the whole idea of this thread was, to voice opinion on posted cars. The blue mat just adds to the long list of items that tells me that this car needs to be checked out properly.
    Things just dont add up for me but if 2 + 2 = 5 is ok in your head then off you go and buy it...enjoy

**Bangs head on table repeatedly**

A long list of items?

What doesn't add up? A blue floor mat, a worn drivers side one, some leather that could look better in pics (due to high flash), and a few small scrapes on a bumper on a 15 year old car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

esel wrote: »
    Does it have a retracting brake pedal, or am I missing something?

BLOL! (I don't know what the B stands for but that is fairly weird looking)

And fonecrusher1, I have to agree. It is also horrendously ugly! W124's are much nicer.

Edit: This doesn't seem to have a brake pedal either???

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1471096

Edit again: What it does have is cool little fold down mirrors for the rear passenegers!

daRobot wrote: »
    **Bangs head on table repeatedly**

A long list of items?

What doesn't add up? A blue floor mat, a worn drivers side one, some leather that could look better in pics (due to high flash), and a few small scrapes on a bumper on a 15 year old car.

Oh sorry, you're right. Its a gimme, all yours then....

You must have been banging your head on that table for a while imo:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Damie wrote: »
    Oh sorry, you're right. Its a gimme, all yours then....

You must have been banging your head on that table for a while imo:rolleyes:

Keep rolling those eyes fella, they're just staring into the void.

daRobot wrote: »
    Keep rolling those eyes fella, they're just staring into the void.

You're the one thats been banging his head, nothing but void there obviously!

ta-daaaa.....im goin to bed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Less handbags, more bangernomics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭thewintermute

BLOL! (I don't know what the B stands for but that is fairly weird looking)

And fonecrusher1, I have to agree. It is also horrendously ugly! W124's are much nicer.

Edit: This doesn't seem to have a brake pedal either???

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1471096

Edit again: What it does have is cool little fold down mirrors for the rear passenegers!

It's also parked up outside the Special Criminal Court in the photos.That could be a good thing or a bad thing, in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,413 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Bigus wrote: »
    FF Sake its 15 years old it has only two owners.

says full history, so unless proven otherwise why speculate the worst.

Only reason that looks tired is because interior shots were taken with a harsh flash, And black/black shows blemishes
    Flash photography can make 3month old cars look tatty,

also its only 1500 euro.
    i'd nearly buy that sight unseen for that money if the history was faxed to me just to prove the naysayers of bangernomics wrong.

:confused:

FF Sake, I wasnt even talking about the interior although it doesnt look great. I dont know about your photography argument but I always find that any cars I photograph come up unbelievably well in photos to the point of them being a letdown in reality.

IMO, the car just doesnt look great on the outside, Part of that is the colour/spec but i still insist it looks terribly tired. I could be wrong as this is only based on a photo but Im a reasonable judge of these things usually.
    I agree its small money etc but I wouldnt buy that & im usually tempted by luxobarges.
    I would actually bet that it doesnt have a service each year from Mercedes with the mileage adding up perfectly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

After the interest in my bangernomics car, here two examples, that might have been posted before. But I'll just give 2 good examples of dead cheap BMW 740i's:

View2-3987111.jpeg
    120K Mileage, Cream Leather Interior, Automatic. Double Glazed Windows, All Extras in this car, Spotless Interior, 4 Perfect Tyres, No NCT. Price: €800
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1553925 (17 days old ad)

View2-3952193.jpeg
    BMW 740i 1996 - EUR 1000
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1544595 (18 days old ad)

If these aren't sold yet, they should be able to be bargained down.

/M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

Marlow wrote: »
    After the interest in my bangernomics car, here two examples, that might have been posted before. But I'll just give 2 good examples if dead cheap BMW 740i's:
    /M
    Still nowhere near 100 mark :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

That blue one is a minter. How do you know the price because I couldnt see one. Thanks for the link though...;)

Seweryn wrote: »
    Still nowhere near 100 mark :D.

Well, but that would not be the common mark you'd hit and you need to put a bit effort in to bargain with the seller. It's a sport, you know :)

/M

-Corkie- wrote: »
    That blue one is a minter. How do you know the price because I couldnt see one. Thanks for the link though...;)

Ah sorry, wrong link to the ad. That one will certainly cost a lot more. Fixed now.

I'd love the blue 740iL, but it's out of my budget currently.

/M

Ah sorry, wrong link to the ad. That one will certainly cost a lot more. Fixed now.

I'd love the blue 740iL, but it's out of my budget currently.

/M

Ya sex on wheels imo. What sort of one did you get for 100 euro. Sorry mods im o/t/.

Ya sex on wheels imo. What sort of one did you get for 100 euro. Sorry mods im o/t/.

It was 100 quid and 2x 1 TB harddrives. It's a 740i from '95, that was for sale for less than 1000 eur and I made a bargain on. I needed to price to get under 130 eur, as I'm using it for the Scally Rally.

It has a good few issues, but the most important things are: it drives and I had it at the boards.ie motor meet today, which is where the discussion comes from.

/M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

It was 100 quid and 2x 1 TB harddrives. It's a 740i from '95, that was for sale for less than 1000 eur and I made a bargain on. I needed to price to get under 130 eur, as I'm using it for the Scally Rally.

It has a good few issues, but the most important things are: it drives and I had it at the boards.ie motor meet today, which is where the discussion comes from.

/M

Talk of the town this car!

Pics please Marlow!

• Advertisement

/M

Cheers. I just mailed your man with the blue one...;)

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Talk of the town this car!

Pics please Marlow!

60893_437725833681_698008681_5323133_7613401_n.jpg

First car in the picture on the right. The 7series after that is Voodoomelons 728i.

/M

:eek::eek:...

I think this it deserves its own thread imo..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

First car in the picture on the right. The 7series after that is Voodoomelons 728i.

/M

Good deal Marlow!

Fair play dude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

After seeing that 7 series and for the €130, I don't think any of us deserve to post in here anymore! :L

:eek::eek:...

I think this it deserves its own thread imo..

Not really. It's not the first time I've found a car for near to nothing. And the last one was a lot newer. It's a bit of luck and a bit of good bargaining :) And the ability to look through the issues of a car that are fixable.

/M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭andr3w103

/M
    ye got a 7 series for 100 euro?.....you legend....what are you doing with it after the scally rally? :D...would ye sell it for 100 again :L

andr3w103 wrote: »
    ye got a 7 series for 100 euro?.....you legend....what are you doing with it after the scally rally? :D...would ye sell it for 100 again :L

Tidying it up. Maybe use it for the Arctic Scally Rally next year. Maybe flog it (but not for 100 EUR). Maybe just keep it for fun at the weekends.

Are you aware how much of a smile that V8 puts on my face ? It's much more rumbling than the V8 in my M5. Isn't too far from the american V8's for the reason, that it's an old style automatic (not steptronic) and it's the M60 4.0L from the E32s, which was a lot more V8 bubbly. It doesn't have traction control either :D

/M

You are a leg..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭andr3w103

Tidying it up. Maybe use it for the Arctic Scally Rally next year. Maybe flog it (but not for 100 EUR). Maybe just keep it for fun at the weekends.

Are you aware how much of a smile that V8 puts on my face ? It's much more rumbling than the V8 in my M5. Isn't too far from the american V8's for the reason, that it's an old style automatic (not steptronic) and it's the M60 4.0L from the E32s, which was a lot more V8 bubbly. It doesn't have traction control either :D

/M
    id say itll be sum craic. haha didnt think ye would.

oh there just class cars..my brother used to have one..there my favorite bmw after the e30:D...sur dats all ye want then lol..run rings around boy racers:eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement