Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bangernomics car of the week/day

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭thewintermute

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1564933

If anyone buys that before I make up my mind there'll be trouble! :P

That Beemer looks very clean, too far away for me to go viewing of an evening, though.I take it you're not a fan of the Maxima?They ain't pretty, but I'm just looking for some comfort and reliability for small-ish money. I've a 70 mile round trip per day, and the motorcycle is a chilly place to be come January, never mind the ice. (",)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

That Beemer looks very clean, too far away for me to go viewing of an evening, though.I take it you're not a fan of the Maxima?They ain't pretty, but I'm just looking for some comfort and reliability for small-ish money. I've a 70 mile round trip per day, and the motorcycle is a chilly place to be come January, never mind the ice. (",)

Yeah, admittedly, I'd be a bit of a badge snob. If I was to entertain bangernomics it would have to be a Mercedes or a Bmw, or a 95 Aero dependant on Service history.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Maybe not a banger, probably far from it. But can anybody tell me why BMW 325's seem to be so cheap at the mo?? High Car tax???
    http://www.carzone.ie/search/BMW/3-Series/325-325I/201025198522138/advert?channel=CARS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

High Car tax???

Most likely and the fact, that people are going for diesel cars for better mpg.

/M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DubDani

Maybe not a banger, probably far from it. But can anybody tell me why BMW 325's seem to be so cheap at the mo?? High Car tax???
    http://www.carzone.ie/search/BMW/3-Series/325-325I/201025198522138/advert?channel=CARS

def. not bangernomics, and I think it is very expensive for a 4 year old car with almost 140k km on the clock.

• Advertisement

Bloody thing hasn't even got leather!

what kind of numpty bought that new :pac:

RoverJames wrote: »
    what kind of numpty bought that new :pac:

An Irish person :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

Here's how you sell a banger... :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭davoxx

would have though that these were the company car from the "boom" years?

• Advertisement

Here's how you sell a banger... :D

Like the time I had the e30 for sale with a girl in the pic, que heavy breather -

"Ehhhh... *heaving breathing*, does the...ahh... *heavy breathing* girl come with the eh... *heavy breathing* car?"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭gussieg

I dont know if this is the right place to put this, But my Dad has got an old limited edition Celebration 900 Turbo Model Saab that has been sitting in the yard for a good while and needs to go. For Free.
    A lovely old beast possibly a restoration project for an enthusiast.
    its 1986, White, and has all the original interiors in it. wll attempt to add pictures.
    Its presently residing in Carlow.

gussieg wrote: »
    I dont know if this is the right place to put this, But my Dad has got an old limited edition Celebration 900 Turbo Model Saab that has been sitting in the yard for a good while and needs to go. For Free.
    its 1986, White, and has all the original interiors in it. wll attempt to add pictures.

Can't see it being any harm, it's not a for sale add, no doubt someone will take her. Does it start ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,904 ✭✭✭patrickc

oh i want it, need a restoration project, but unfortunately have no room for such at the moment. :mad: my dream car too.

Wow, i'd love it. when are you looking to get rid of it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Magown3

davoxx wrote: »
    Wow, i'd love it. when are you looking to get rid of it?

Before this thread is ruined. Can you guys keep it to pm's please :D

Magown3 wrote: »
    Before this thread is ruined. Can you guys keep it to pm's please :D

my bad :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭seriouslywhat

do you ever get the feeling that some people know about this thread but purposely dont post up a "banger" as they dont want people to see it and buy it themselves?

Just a thought. Love this thread. Some day I'll buy a bangernomic yolk:D

edit..... http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1449712 Just logged on to donedeal and saw this... fits the bangernomic thread but not up yet... hmmmmm. I know some wouldnt like the white. Not me I'm quite the fan.

do you ever get the feeling that some people know about this thread but purposely dont post up a "banger" as they dont want people to see it and buy it themselves?

Well, not everybody watches every ad, that comes on there, but sure, I'd say some people wouldn't throw an ad on here, if they are interested themselves.

Then again, others will find it and post it instead. They all end up here in some form or shape at some point.

/M

Marlow wrote: »
    Well, not everybody watches every ad, that comes on there, but sure, I'd say some people wouldn't throw an ad on here, if they are interested themselves.

Then again, others will find it and post it instead. They all end up here in some form or shape at some point.

/M

that was quite the politician answer there Marlow. :D

• Advertisement

that was quite the politician answer there Marlow. :D

No, the politician answer would have been to ignore everything and state something complete irrelevant to the matter.

/M

No, the politician answer would have been to ignore everything and state something complete irrelevant to the matter.

/M

correct

Carina with Royal county Reg

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1599551 550

mondeo diesel with nothing on the back seat but the priests hat !! 850

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1594945

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

patrickc wrote: »

That's seriously expensive for what it is.

Confab wrote: »
    That's seriously expensive for what it is.

what would you expect to get for that, i thought offer 700 ish and with a long nct and 100k wasn't bad.

I wrecked one of those once. They drive like crap and aren't worth anything over 1 eur :)

/M

I wrecked one of those once. They drive like crap and aren't worth anything over 1 eur :)

/M

good to know ta, dont know what to get banger wise but need something cheap and diesel soon

good to know ta, dont know what to get banger wise but need something cheap and diesel soon

Well, that Mondeo's diesel engine is an old fashioned diesel. It's slow, but it'll get you there. It's not the most comfortable car to drive and handles crap to say at best, but it's cheap in parts and cheap to maintain.

So if you don't care about handling or speed, thats probably a very affordable car.

Still .. personally ... wouldn't want to get caught in one :)

/M

what would you expect to get for that, i thought offer 700 ish and with a long nct and 100k wasn't bad.

For €700 it's not a bad buy at all. At 100K miles there should be loads left in her and there's 12 months NCT. You could drive it for the year and only put diesel in it and 'twould be cheap motoring. I hate the things and they are slow standard (fuel pump won't object to a tweaking though ;) ) but it's potentially €700 well spent.

Diesel with 100K on them for €700 with a lash of NCT don't come about too often.

• Advertisement

RoverJames wrote: »
    For €700 it's not a bad buy at all. At 100K miles there should be loads left in her and there's 12 months NCT. You could drive it for the year and only put diesel in it and 'twould be cheap motoring. I hate the things and they are slow standard (fuel pump won't object to a tweaking though ;) ) but it's potentially €700 well spent.

Diesel with 100K on them for €700 with a lash of NCT don't come about too often.

speed doesnt really bother me anymore, and those engines are supposed to go and go, now just depends when belt was done last i suppose.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement