Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bangernomics car of the week/day

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭angrybeaver

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1662385

Looks ok for the money, Nct for nearly 2 yrs and a bit of tax all for under a grand. No mention of milage though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

a_v525 wrote: »
    Wowwa-wooa!!!!!!

Full?id=4408541

Gorgeous cars, bodies look perfect too....

*drool.......

Love the line at the end of the ad
    "drive around in style while the country slides down the tubes"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Love the line at the end of the ad

Hmmm. Farm looking site, smashed up looking caravan and a guy with a hoody in the picture.

:D

Would you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭andr3w103

Full?id=4360519
    What's the smaller pedal on the left for? Parking brake?
    Yeah its the...handbrake lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

andr3w103 wrote: »
    Yeah its the...handbrake lol

Try setting that with your 'hand'!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

Wowwa-wooa!!!!!!

Full?id=4408541

*drool.......

man that is a beast.. a beautiful beast...
    wonder if the 1550 is for both.. now that be a bargain :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,904 ✭✭✭patrickc

94 c200 diesel

nct 4/11

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1654208

carisma disesl 2 years NCT 1100

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1636931

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,614 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

patrickc wrote: »
    carisma disesl

Carisma. Diesel. That must be the most depressing car ever mentioned on this thread.

unkel wrote: »
    Carisma. Diesel. That must be the most depressing car ever mentioned on this thread.

possibly but its diesel and jap should keep going and going..

it's about bangers and cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

carisma disesl 2 years NCT 1100

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1636931

That's expensive for a 98 carisma diesel.

• Advertisement

squod wrote: »
    That's expensive for a 98 carisma diesel.

if you got it for 800 might be ok..

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭a_v525

Berty wrote: »
    Hmmm. Farm looking site, smashed up looking caravan and a guy with a hoody in the picture.

:D

Would you?

Sure youve just ruled out buying a car from three quarters of the inhabitants of Limerick!

Throw in some scrap metal & copper & you can get the price down to an even 1200 I reckon :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

Wowwa-wooa!!!!!!

Full?id=4408541

*drool.......

Interesting machines!
    Doubt if '94-C-500' is an ex-ministerial car though...have yet to see a state car with a Cork (or an even number, i.e. '500') reg!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,926 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

Fairly sure they're are not ex government cars. Bertie was the first Taoiseach to get a S Class and that was 2007.
    Before that it was E Classes all the way.
    Back to the cars If I could get insurance I would pick one of those up.

This is water. Inspiring speech by David Foster Wallace https://youtu.be/DCbGM4mqEVw?si=GS5uDvegp6Er1EOG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,614 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

hoodie6029 wrote: »

What makes you think you could not get insurance? Are you a very young male with only a couple of years of no claims bonus on your full license?

unkel wrote: »
    What makes you think you could not get insurance? Are you a very young male with only a couple of years of no claims bonus on your full license?

got it in one! It'll be sub 1.6 litre motoring for me for another while.

This is water. Inspiring speech by David Foster Wallace https://youtu.be/DCbGM4mqEVw?si=GS5uDvegp6Er1EOG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,417 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

hoodie6029 wrote: »
    Fairly sure they're are not ex government cars. Bertie was the first Taoiseach to get a S Class and that was 2007.
    Before that it was E Classes all the way.

There are various other state cars though. Im sure there were S class on the fleet for many years. Back in Mary Robinsons time, she got a 7 series as president.

mickdw wrote: »
    There are various other state cars though. Im sure there were S class on the fleet for many years. Back in Mary Robinsons time, she got a 7 series as president.

I stand corrected and as I recall now Aras an Uachtarain has a 1930's or 40's Rolls Royce in their fleet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Mary Robinson also had an Alfa 164 in the earlier part of her 1st term. Obscure car to have. All those state cars are part of the Garda fleet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

...its diesel and jap should keep going and going..

It's Dutch and has a Renault engine ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,417 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Mary Robinson also had an Alfa 164 in the earlier part of her 1st term. Obscure car to have. All those state cars are part of the Garda fleet

Yes I remember that car.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭thewintermute

Brought this baby home today. I'm a very chuffed bangernomic devotee

Car is exactly as described, except that the blower started working again on the way home. Good result.
    Best bodywork I've seen on one of these. (Have test-driven some very tired examples) This one? It's like driving a big comfy couch around. And it reduced my insurance!!
    Upholstery could do with a clean if anyone has any tips, it's very light coloured.
    Finally got me a W124. :)

Now, If I can just ignore this thread for a few months........Unlikely.

Looks a nice one, fingers crossed she'll NCT reasonably for you. Handbreak is easy to adjust, little cog inside the drum that turns, can get at it with a flat headed screwdriver. When I got mine the central locking wasn't working either, can't for the life remember what was wrong with it but it was a easy fix. Why is the mileage higher than indicated on the clock ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

Finally got me an S124. :)
    I know this car and I have driven it. Very good example and the only fault I can see in it is the wrong engine (not a Diesel).
    Good Luck with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭v240gltse

hi

great one hope you enjoy it.

regards

brendan
    Brought this baby home today. I'm a very chuffed bangernomic devotee

Car is exactly as described, except that the blower started working again on the way home. Good result.
    Best bodywork I've seen on one of these. (Have test-driven some very tired examples) This one? It's like driving a big comfy couch around. And it reduced my insurance!!
    Upholstery could do with a clean if anyone has any tips, it's very light coloured.
    Finally got me a W124. :)

Now, If I can just ignore this thread for a few months........Unlikely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭_Conrad_

Solid old things, slow and not exactly exciting but they'll plod away for years once they're minded and will do better than 45mpg if you're prepared to travel at a rather relaxed pace. Comfy too. We had one here that had just over 300,000 miles on it, along with a 300D of similar miles, the 300D was rusty but it's engine lives on in a taxi. the C class was sold. I've been in quite a few C class end e class taxis on the continent that have had ridicilous mileage, as much as 700,000km in the case of one E300D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

_Conrad_ wrote: »
    Solid old things, slow and not exactly exciting but they'll plod away for years once they're minded and will do better than 45mpg if you're prepared to travel at a rather relaxed pace. Comfy too. We had one here that had just over 300,000 miles on it, along with a 300D of similar miles, the 300D was rusty but it's engine lives on in a taxi. the C class was sold. I've been in quite a few C class end e class taxis on the continent that have had ridicilous mileage, as much as 700,000km in the case of one E300D
    There is one E300 Diesel S124 taxi in Kilkenny with 740,000 km at the moment, engine untouched. Unfortunately, the new 9-year old taxi regulation will swipe this lovely car off the road. What a shame...

RoverJames wrote: »
    Looks a nice one, fingers crossed she'll NCT reasonably for you. Handbreak is easy to adjust, little cog inside the drum that turns, can get at it with a flat headed screwdriver. When I got mine the central locking wasn't working either, can't for the life remember what was wrong with it but it was a easy fix. Why is the mileage higher than indicated on the clock ?

Old Photos, seller was very honest about everything, Not suss

Seweryn wrote: »
    I know this car and I have driven it. Very good example and the only fault I can see in it is the wrong engine (not a Diesel).
    Good Luck with it!

Would like a Diesel, but the tax at the moment wouldn't sit easy I'll see how I get on with this one, will possibly move on to Diesel in a year or two

Thanks.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement