Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bangernomics car of the week/day

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

feelites wrote: »
    NCT 10-10,engine ECU GONE

that would explain it

johnos1984 wrote: »

Wonder would Erika give me €2000 and that for my ZT :pac:

Wouldn't pay that for one of them in pwo with a test to be honest :pac:
    Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurt
    (re the Vectra needing the ECU)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

Are you starting to get the itch for another change then James :D

Are you starting to get the itch for another change then James :D

Always there, love the ZT though.

• Advertisement

RoverJames wrote: »
    Always there, love the ZT though.

Sounds the same as me. Love the Passat but I have a wondering eye.

I'll go classic in the new year I think. Something useable which i can keep in Wickla

I know its a little more expensive than a bangernomics car but it is still extremely cheap

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1738454

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

A petrol C5. Its cheap for a reason. Might find someone willing to take a punt at it for that kinda money since it's got a good test

A petrol C5. Its cheap for a reason. Might find someone willing to take a punt at it for that kinda money since it's got a good test

I know what you mean but you really are taking a punt on many of the 15 year old luxo barges on here.

Just thought I'd post it to show how modern you can go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,328 ✭✭✭alias no.9

The facelift sorted out the exterior but I couldn't find it in me to look at that dashboard every day, in fact, the whole interior is manky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭gussieg

what does anybody reckon, A 94 Suzuki Escudo, 300,000 on the clock, nct til august next year, seems tidy enough...

gussieg wrote: »
    what does anybody reckon, A 94 Suzuki Escudo, 300,000 on the clock, nct til august next year, seems tidy enough...

300,000km presumably ? Price ?? Engine, 1.6 petrol ?? Cool enough little yokes, wouldn't pay over €700 for one with those miles though unless 'twas a softop or something fancy with decent wheels.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭gussieg

thanks , I got it for the worldweary son. I love it, It even has a Jesus is Lord sticker on the back , always helps the running of the vehicle surely, but not sure I could afford to run it, felt very safe driving home in it last night though...:)
    yes its petrol, and shoulda checked a lot of things on it first before running away with it, at 500 seems ok..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭kermitpwee

gussieg wrote: »
    thanks , I got it for the worldweary son. I love it, It even has a Jesus is Lord sticker on the back , always helps the running of the vehicle surely, but not sure I could afford to run it, felt very safe driving home in it last night though...:)
    yes its petrol, and shoulda checked a lot of things on it first before running away with it, at 500 seems ok..

If its running properly you will get 35mpg otherwise high 20's. Had a 94 myself nice to drive but can overheat and if they do your in trouble. any link or pics?

kermitpwee wrote: »
    Had a 94 myself nice to drive but can overheat and if they do your in trouble. any link or pics?

What's the weakness in the cooling system that fails on them ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭kermitpwee

RoverJames wrote: »
    What's the weakness in the cooling system that fails on them ?

No real weakness in them as such. I should have said that if they do overheat you are in a trouble instead I said that "they can overheat". Anyway the point I was trying to make is that these engines are goosed if they get even slightly too hot. I know that any car does not like a heating but these Escudo/Vitaras will blow their headgasket very quickly once they heat above the normal operating temp.

Having run old escudos it is important to change the coolant level often and make sure that the rad is not blocked. do not under any circumstance buy a escudo with a squealing alternator belt as it runs the water pump and it will surely have gotten too hot as the temp guage on a lot of them will register normal but the car may be overheating. The temp guages on them are known to be dodgy.

Now if you get a good one they are a serious bit of kit. I loved mine, I have a jimny now which is good but very small.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭ianobrien

I know its a little more expensive than a bangernomics car but it is still extremely cheap

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1738454

Is it just me or does the speedo in kph and the fuel economy in mpg slightly off-putting? Should there by a clash of units?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

ianobrien wrote: »
    Is it just me or does the speedo in kph and the fuel economy in mpg slightly off-putting? Should there by a clash of units?

it's just the display settings I'd say.
    Hmmmmmmmmm, 3k today, worth 50c tomorrow :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭mullingar

ianobrien wrote: »

It is kmph, yes a 1.8petrol will average 35-38mpg at that average speed of 36 mph, yes thats in Mph. that trip computer is set for imperial units (miles and gallons).

In city only driving, your lucky to see 27-30mpg in any 1.8 petrol

Rotton clocks though

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

3k is better spent on this and not that C5.
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1742276

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Two years NCT for 950.--
    media?id=11089299&width=400&height=300
    mileage is a tad high, but this should do another 100k without too much fuss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

"a tad high" is an understatement to be fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

cadaliac wrote: »
    "a tad high" is an understatement to be fair.
    Only "high" in Ireland. If you look at the German market, these cars will be advertised with higher numbers on the clocks and for more money. Nothing wrong with high mileage in that car anyway (if it is technically OK).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,417 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Seweryn wrote: »
    Only "high" in Ireland. If you look at the German market, these cars will be advertised with higher numbers on the clocks and for more money. Nothing wrong with high mileage in that car anyway (if it is technically OK).

id have more faith in that than a 150k mile recent merc or moreso recent bmw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Still €1566 per annum to tax it though.

How much is it in Germany?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

Berty wrote: »
    Still €1566 per annum to tax it though.
    How much is it in Germany?
    Not €1566, but "only" €1293 ;). I am sure it will be less than that in Germany.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭zapata

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,417 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

might have had the cluch done since! Anyway, anyone who says that that is a lovely drive is having a laugh. It wasnt a lovely drive when it rolled out of the factory so it hardly improved since.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Good buy?

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1612547

No Mileage Quoted. Tiny dent on wheel arch.

Lovely car in great nick.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement