Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bangernomics car of the week/day

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

E39MSport wrote: »
    I don't like cars with huge gaps between tyre and arch like that.

That is my single biggest pet hate with cars! I drives me loco!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

That is my single biggest pet hate with cars! I drives me loco!!!

Yup same here. The last generation honda accord is a perfect example of this. Fine car & all but the huge gap between the standards wheels & arches is horrible. Car looks much better riding on 17's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Yup same here. The last generation honda accord is a perfect example of this. Fine car & all but the huge gap between the standards wheels & arches is horrible. Car looks much better riding on 17's.

Other I can think of were the old S40 and the Last model Galant. Such a shame too for the latter at least.

Lastest model A4 on standard wheels killed the whole car for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭manatoo

E39MSport wrote: »
    Other I can think of were the old S40 and the Last model Galant. Such a shame too for the latter at least.

+1 for the Galant. That was a brilliant looking car otherwise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Top Dog

€500 - but problem with 1st gear

Full?id=4736340

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1749148

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Shes a nice motor. I always loved them Legacys apart from the new ones. A new box would cure it I suppose. Edit no NCT.

Could you buy that Forester and put the box onto it? Surely they're the same?

Also this. That Laguna is good value for the mileage...

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1726692

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭davoxx

-Corkie- wrote: »

i imagine it would take a lot to get it through the nct/doe but not bad for the money ... would feel silly once the snow thaws though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

-Corkie- wrote: »
    lmao wtf is a "honda pajero"

:p

Max Power1 wrote: »
    lmao wtf is a "honda pajero"

:p

New model!!!!!.

davoxx wrote: »
    i imagine it would take a lot to get it through the nct/doe but not bad for the money ... would feel silly once the snow thaws though :)

no wheels

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭kermitpwee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

kermitpwee wrote: »

Never buy a small car with a tow bar.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,701 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

I'm on the mobile so can't copy the link, but a 00 maxima just popped up on donedeal with 200k on the clock for 1250. Its taxed until 8-11 but as a former taxi would you have to re-tax it for private use?

Thats crazy. When buying a banger you buy on condition and what it drives like not on whether it has a towbar. Many 1.3's have i driven with a towbar on them and not a bother on them. My dad always puts a towbar on his car to stop people reversing into him:D
    You cant discredit a 450euro car because it has a towbar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,620 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Wise words :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

My dad always puts a towbar on his car to stop people reversing into him:D

The ironic thing is that if somebody drives into the back of a car with a towbar it will cause damage that is irrepairable to the car with one fitted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

VolvoMan wrote: »
    The ironic thing is that if somebody drives into the back of a car with a towbar it will cause damage that is irrepairable to the car with one fitted.

Would you be more likely to injury as the crumple zones are essentlally by-passed and the energy sent straight into the chassis??
    I have a towbar but its practical not for protection.

What he drives would be written off if he was hit from behind.

bbam wrote: »
    Would you be more likely to injury as the crumple zones are essentlally by-passed and the energy sent straight into the chassis??

Ya its for practical reasons was only joking.

bbam wrote: »
    What he drives would be written off if he was hit from behind.

I think you're misunderstanding what I'm saying. What I meant is that if a car with a towbar is hit from behind, the chassis will take all the damage and not the body, which practically makes the car irrepairable.

This is a real rarity, particularly as an original Irish example: http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1752189

These were the early T-5's badged as 'TURBO' and were arguably the best. They can be told apart from later models by an intercooler pipe running across the top of the engine bay, which gave better cooling, as well as the amber rear indicator lights.

There's a 04 Alfa GT on donedeal, tested for 2 and the belt is done! 3k, that's proper cheap motoring!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

There's a 04 Alfa GT on donedeal, tested for 2 and the belt is done! 3k, that's proper cheap motoring!!!

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1637787

I think you're misunderstanding what I'm saying. What I meant is that if a car with a towbar is hit from behind, the chassis will take all the damage and not the body, which practically makes the car irrepairable.

No mate I understand 100% what your saying, my dad needs a car with a towbar regardless of it affecting the crumple zones. You are 100% correct in what you are saying about the crumple zones and your point is taken. Initially I said that my dad likes his towbar to stop people reversing into him which is true but he also needs it for a practical reason as well and couldnt do without it regardless of crumple zones.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

bloody hell

says how screwed up the second car market is

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement