Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bangernomics car of the week/day

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

RoverJames wrote: »

Hey thats kind of.....cool. I do have a bizarre like for 80's Fords.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,625 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

feelites wrote: »
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1772184

not bad 99 car with nct and bit of tax for 550e
    will propably go for 500e

Not a bad deal :)

That said, I really wouldn't fancy owning one. Bland bland bland, nearly Toyota like bland :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Luxobargo Bangernomics :)

750 quid will buy you this
    View2-4786676.jpeg

'94 Jag XJ6 3.2 auto with NCT until 07/11. While it's dirt cheap, it'll rob you on the fuel budget :D

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/vintagecars/1762455

/M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

Marlow wrote: »
    Luxobargo Bangernomics :)

'94 Jag XJ6 3.2 auto with NCT until 07/11. While it's dirt cheap, it'll rob you on the fuel budget :D
    And some parts for this yoke are silly money...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

i would just love one of these.2zdosup.jpg

i almost bought one 3 years ago up at citywest classic car show for 1200 quid,it was mint, my girlfriend put me off , rule number one with impulse buying , never ever listen to a girl regarding cars.im looking at her now god i hate you lol.

• Advertisement

almanu wrote: »

i almost bought one 3 years ago up at citywest classic car show for 1200 quid,it was mint

1200 and it was mint :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

i almost bought one 3 years ago up at citywest classic car show for 1200 quid,it was mint, my girlfriend put me off , rule number one with impulse buying , never ever listen to a girl regarding cars.im looking at her now god i hate you lol.
    You should have part exchanged your girlfriend.

You should have part exchanged your girlfriend.
    tried too , he wasnt intrested 4razxbt.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

I had one and if you want this to be a practical, daily driver you will have to completely uprate the suspension.
    It was so shocking bad that at 100 km/h you'll be driving like the blazes, at 110 you'll be hanging on for dear life and at 120 km/h you'd need nappies.
    Brakes where rubbish, they would go straight from not slowing the car down at all to useless screetching, they would shimmy on takeoff due to the live rear axle being fastened to the body with string, etc...
    So for just pottering about town (and looking good:cool:) they are the bee's knees, but for motorway and long distance driving they where terrifying.
    Also, the window washer system was not electric. It was a little rubber bubble on the floor that you had to pump with your foot to get the water going...
    If you had one of those you're looking at uprating the suspension, brakes, wheels, cooling (no thermostatic controlled electric fan, it was driven by a belt and didn't kick in when you needed it most) and probably the electrics (it had about 5 fuses altogether) or shell out a lot more on one that has been done up.
    Oh and they will rust with the best of them, so heated garage is essential, if you leave them in your drive you will have nothing but a heap of rust within a year.
    The 2 litre Pinto engine (go for nothing less!!) is fabulous and tunable to near 300 bhp and the three speed auto box is actually responsive and a good friend to the power band.
    It's like Angelina Jolie. Looks fantastic, attracts lots of attention (too much at times), but at the end of the day you'll have to put up with her smelly feet, snoring and hogging the remote...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

1000 quid, elligable for classic tax and insurance;

Lada 2101

Full?id=4586486

Simple to repair, would make a nice little run around car.

• Advertisement

I had one and if you want this to be a practical, daily driver you will have to completely uprate the suspension.
    It was so shocking bad that at 100 km/h you'll be driving like the blazes, at 110 you'll be hanging on for dear life and at 120 km/h you'd need nappies.
    Brakes where rubbish, they would go straight from not slowing the car down at all to useless screetching, they would shimmy on takeoff due to the live rear axle being fastened to the body with string, etc...
    So for just pottering about town (and looking good:cool:) they are the bee's knees, but for motorway and long distance driving they where terrifying.
    Also, the window washer system was not electric. It was a little rubber bubble on the floor that you had to pump with your foot to get the water going...
    If you had one of those you're looking at uprating the suspension, brakes, wheels, cooling (no thermostatic controlled electric fan, it was driven by a belt and didn't kick in when you needed it most) and probably the electrics (it had about 5 fuses altogether) or shell out a lot more on one that has been done up.
    Oh and they will rust with the best of them, so heated garage is essential, if you leave them in your drive you will have nothing but a heap of rust within a year.
    The 2 litre Pinto engine (go for nothing less!!) is fabulous and tunable to near 300 bhp and the three speed auto box is actually responsive and a good friend to the power band.
    It's like Angelina Jolie. Looks fantastic, attracts lots of attention (too much at times), but at the end of the day you'll have to put up with her smelly feet, snoring and hogging the remote...

rofl one of the best posts ever , yeah there pretty poor all round all right , i use to own one in the late 80,s it had a hole in the passenger floor ,when you opened the boot you could see the axle , when i put petrol in it the dam thing would wait till i had my best clothes on then spit the fuel back out all over me ,it also had an 8 track so any tunes i wanted were from my dad , bob dylan and the like . i loved that car with a passion, im sorry to say it passed away thanks to a granite wall on the way back from brittas bay, i wanted to go left but she decided to go straight , may she rest in peace.

Lada 2101

Full?id=4586486

sweet lil number , i love 124,s ,oh god it,s a lada EVIL get it away, oh good lord my eyes they burn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Why are we forced to look the the same ad/picture 4 or 5 times?

Stop quoting pictures people!!! :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Berty wrote: »
    Why are we forced to look the the same ad/picture 4 or 5 times?

Stop quoting pictures people!!! :mad:

Sorry, but never get tired looking at a MKIII.
    Better and most practical proposition is a W123 Merc.
    Had two of those and they where fab and looked cooler than a snow man's cold bits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

Sorry, but never get tired looking at a MKIII.
    Better and most practical proposition is a W123 Merc.
    Had two of those and they where fab and looked cooler than a snow man's cold bits.
    I can also recommend the 123-series. The Diesel engined models are economical as well - my 300TD managed almost 40 mpg on average. Very practical, as it was an Estate...

(Sorry to quote this again as it seems to bother some people)

I always thought that the Vauxhall Firenza was a much nicer looking car..

2361384989_88f86d7191.jpg

Also, the manta of that era was one of the most beautiful cars ever designed imo

opel-manta1.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭feelites

thats some nice cruiser here if somebody can afford high tax rate

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1773203

this one would be great weekend car http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1772778 but will need some care to go with..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

feelites wrote: »
    thats some nice cruiser here if somebody can afford high tax rate

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1773203

That's already sold. 2 hours ago. Was definatly a bargain.

/M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

Full?id=3314648

Full?id=3314654

Very tidy looking S320
    €2,300 or Sensible Offer

I Want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭andyseadog

i reckon 1500 would be a sensible offer. a years tax is going to cost more than that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Happy new Year :)

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1776530

View2-4837754.jpeg

...and if you really really want an S Class then do it in style ;)

( Me thinks that'll come home for 500 quid )

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1718699

View2-4622866.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭hairyman

Lada 2101

Full?id=4586486

Would love one of these!!

Imagine the weight you would lose, Micky D's drive through does not work with left hookers.
    :D

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Happy new Year :)

Same to you dude, you're missed from here :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,625 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

+1

homer90 wrote: »

Very tidy looking S320

I Want.

No way are those pics too recent, too many leaves in the trees ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

lol, there are 31 days in December guys!

hairyman wrote: »
    Would love one of these!!

Imagine the weight you would lose, Micky D's drive through does not work with left hookers.
    :D

It does if you go through in reverse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

+1

Shady's back :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭feelites

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement