Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bangernomics car of the week/day

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

RoverJames wrote: »
    Looks ok.

For its age of course. The driver has damage on 3 out of 4 corners that we can see. I'm going to imagine there is minor damage to all 4 corners. Also the plastic moulding on the rear passenger door is damaged. Minor cosmetic things but sometimes they can cost more to fix than the engine, especially considering the age.

It's one of those cars that a mechanic will suck air through his teeth looking at. :D

Berty wrote: »
    For its age of course. The driver has damage on 3 out of 4 corners that we can see. I'm going to imagine there is minor damage to all 4 corners. Also the plastic moulding on the rear passenger door is damaged. Minor cosmetic things but sometimes they can cost more to fix than the engine, especially considering the age.

It's one of those cars that a mechanic will suck air through his teeth looking at. :D

Are you serious ?
    They're scuffs, if they bother the next owner that much they'd sort them for €20 and a Saturday morning :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭kermitpwee

Ok lads yee know I'm into bargain basement motors that are cheap to buy and run, and maybe a future classic:D

Here we go again

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1778002

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Are you serious ?
    They're scuffs, if they bother the next owner that much they'd sort them for €20 and a Saturday morning :)

Scuffs!!! I remember when i got my oul toyota hilux surf few years ago. She was a 1996 & just about every panel had scuffs. Twas like someone had cleaned it with a yard brush. I managed to get rid of 95% of the paint damage myself.

All ya need is some T-cut, a comfortable chair & a lot of patience & determination. Most scuffs can be sorted except really deep nasty feckers that go right through to the metal. But even they can be disguised somewhat.

Im off topic but my point is a few scuffs wouldn't put me off buying an older car.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

kermitpwee wrote: »
    Ok lads yee know I'm into bargain basement motors that are cheap to buy and run, and maybe a future classic:D

Here we go again

I wouldn't pay more than 200 for that thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Here we go again

Nice one ...a VW from the days when their reputation about reliability was still justified ...still a bit dear though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

peasant wrote: »
    Nice one ...a VW from the days when their reputation about reliability was still justified ...still a bit dear though.

Good first car. Maybe a bit pricey, it will sell close to asking IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

The brother had one many years ago. A little red polo he bought up north in the mid 90's. God damn it was a horrible little car. A real first car...car if you know what i mean?

Overtaking was frightening in it. Tough little motor in them though.:)

I wouldn't pay more than 200 for that thing.

Ya wouldn't get a roide for 200:D

peasant wrote: »
    If I was stuck for a motor I would be willing to pay the asking subject to inspection as you can fix them with a basic tool kit and they are reliable yoke.
    Might seem expensive to people who want to keep up with the neighbours

Not aimed at you Peasant, I know you do your own thing:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭mullingar

V12 6.0, Merc 600SEL!

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1718699

Full?id=4622866

No mention of NCT:(

mullingar wrote: »
    V12 6.0, Merc 600SEL!

Full?id=4622866

Nice motor

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭jerrehpips

oh i do love me my carinas :)

I like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

mullingar wrote: »
    V12 6.0, Merc 600SEL!

Full?id=4622866

I was thinking about buying her. There is 2 more on Donedeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

Check out this shaggin wagon..

Full?id=4840268

Full?id=4840271

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭andyseadog

cool! got a link for it?

I like that

I had a 90 one aswell. One of the nicest cars I ever drove and the Carina before was a fine car. Those cars actually looked nice that time not like the present day Avensis. I gets sand in my eyes looking at them.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭andyseadog

the advert says

some piecing under some arches

look at the picture of the open boot, the passenger side wheel arch is rusted through!

still, if you got a bit of a price drop it would be a nice project, i like it :D

Thats one for Corktina!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭kazul

I'm sorry but that cortina looks like all "banger" and no "nomics" to me.
    Who in their right mind really wants a 1.3 litre henhouse that needs to be fully rebuilt when there are much better cars on the market for the same money? That yoke is in worse condition than the economy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Looks like it's missing the St Anthony and Padre Pio stickers, that's an NCT failure for one of those!

kazul wrote: »
    Who in their right mind really wants a 1.3 litre henhouse that needs to be fully rebuilt when there are much better cars on the market for the same money? That yoke is in worse condition than the economy.

It will sell for less. As original 69 Ford Cortinas go that one is not in that bad of a condition. It is workable, all it needs is some love.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

kazul wrote: »

There's a 1988 one of these operating as a Taxi in Limerick. I had thought they had to get newer cars with some rule but its still driving around with a incredibly old looking driver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

There's a 1988 one of these operating as a Taxi in Limerick. I had thought they had to get newer cars with some rule but its still driving around with a incredibly old looking driver.

As of today he is required by law to change it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

As of today he is required by law to change it.

Oh yeah! I think us bangernomics lads can start rubbing our hands together in wait of new stock :L

An 88 cortina ? Wtf ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

An 88 cortina ? Wtf ?

I'm guessing he meant the Carina.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement