Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bangernomics car of the week/day

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭kermitpwee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

kermitpwee wrote: »

.....rather have a horse outside.:rolleyes:

squod wrote: »
    .....rather have a horse outside.:rolleyes:

Sorry mate! I like true bangers especially carinas:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,417 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

the_gunner wrote: »

Lovely car & possibly with that engine a future classic however if the clutch is anything like the 2.0 version, that stiffness will most likely mean new clutch kit. Pricey too.
    There is clutch damper on some 166 models on the hydraulic circuit which can give a pretty crap clutch. This is easily bypassed but Ive a feeling this one might need a complete clutch kit.
    That guy sells a few cars too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

I'd give €650 for it to be bricked up in the half built garage in the photos to be uncovered by some classic car hunter in twenty years time.

€650 for a slow, unsafe 22 year old ton of metal. Some people have more neck than a giraffe!

and it'll cost over €600 a year to tax!

This is water. Inspiring speech by David Foster Wallace https://youtu.be/DCbGM4mqEVw?si=GS5uDvegp6Er1EOG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Itsfixed wrote: »
    A friend of mine is looking out for a late model Pug 106 1.5 diesel (basically the same car) as he thinks they are the dogs bollix as an economical banger. His wife has a 1996 106 1.1 with 220,000 miles on the clock!

This any good to you, it's 106 van but only €550, and says its one of those cases where doe isn't required?

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/commercials/1776287

hoodie6029 wrote: »
    I'd give €650 for it to be bricked up in the half built garage in the photos to be uncovered by some classic car hunter in twenty years time.

€650 for a slow, unsafe 22 year old ton of metal. Some people have more neck than a giraffe!

and it'll cost over €600 a year to tax!

Long nct wont brake down every 5minutes like an alfa and speed isnt everything, is that why you need something safer:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

I would seriously doubt the milage on that car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

cadaliac wrote: »

Yep, looks like an ex-taxi. Expensive for a '00 2L too. Not bangernomics.

• Advertisement

Confab wrote: »
    Yep, looks like an ex-taxi. Expensive for a '00 2L too. Not bangernomics.

How is it expensive? It has a long nct, I didnt know bangernomics was about the year of the car. you could buy a 99 and it could be a heap.

As for ex taxi look at the seats they are perfect the interior is perfect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭maidhc

It would cost more to "adjust" the milage on a Carina II than the vendor could possibly hope to get back on a sale. I would have no prob believing it to be genuine to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Oops, got confused between the cars, never mind! Maxima seems like a good deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

MidlandsM wrote: »

that alot of car for small money , i wonder how many owners are on it , love to know if theres any history with it , id say that would go for 1200.

Confab wrote: »
    Why the summer? It's not convertible and it's perfectly safe to drive it in winter!
    have you ever tried to work on a car in your driveway in the pssins of rain , not fun my friend not fun.

bit of a risky one here , does not look like its taxed or nct"d , also alarm bells are ringing with the skirts and boy racer reg , but for 850 euros its a lot of car.

http:/cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1803768

almanu wrote: »
    bit of a risky one here , does not look like its taxed or nct"d , also alarm bells are ringing with the skirts and boy racer reg , but for 850 euros its a lot of car.

http:/cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1803768

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1803768

Dunno what happened your link ;)
    Potentially not bad, I wish folks selling Celicas would say if they are the 3S-GE or not, or minimally post an engine shot. Quite fancy a Celica again myself actually. Not that one though :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Why? look at the interior, spotless, its a beaut. NCT'd.

Full?id=4669686

RoverJames wrote: »
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1803768

Dunno what happened your link ;)
    Potentially not bad, I wish folks selling Celicas would say if they are the 3S-GE or not, or minimally post an engine shot. Quite fancy a Celica again myself actually. Not that one though :pac:

not too fond of celicas but if i was going to buy one , it would NOT be that one:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

almanu wrote: »
    just bought a 96 fiat coupe
    124kfva.jpg

cant wait for the summer.

You're right: 16v or no, 5 cyl or no, Turbo or no: you DID rob him.

Well wear, bargain.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Chriscl1

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    ?

2950e is hardly a bargin
    Front passanger bearing done would indicate close to 200k on the clock too. Mind you, if it was well cared for it should be ok. Still, nearly 3k for a 10 year old car with a lot of work done.......
    hardly bangernomics????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Chriscl1

?

2950e is hardly a bargin

I would pay 2.5 for that very fast and comfy motor with long test, belt and water pump done too. But tbh I do have I very soft spot for fast volvo's.

Front passanger bearing done would indicate close to 200k on the clock too.

155K according to the add, priced about right if it's not expected to sell within 20% of asking price. I agree it's not one for bangernomics though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

?

2950e is hardly a bargin

What about this bad boy... s60 better value though I'd say

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1752189

155K according to the add, priced about right if it's not expected to sell within 20% of asking price. I agree it's not one for bangernomics though.
    It would help if I read the ad properly !!:rolleyes:
    Ta,
    didn't see it the first time.

It would help if I read the ad properly !!:rolleyes:
    Ta,
    didn't see it the first time.

They ddi their best to hide it, I use seperate lines on donedeal for each bit of info when selling a yoke......

1999 Lump of Muck
    145K miles
    NCT until 03/2004
    Taxed until end of August
    Serviced
    All electrics........

Easier to read.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Not quite a typical bangernomics car, but if it is as good as it looks in the ad it could be a quick (very quick) bargain for someone

http://www.driving.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=201102200867419

media?xwm=y&id=11314529&width=400&height=300

peasant wrote: »
    Not quite a typical bangernomics car, but if it is as good as it looks in the ad it could be a quick (very quick) bargain for someone

http://www.driving.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=201102200867419

For fear anyone jumps on that one (as it looks very decent, fresh and has a long NCT), it won't be very quick at all ;)

The VTR has an 8v engine, the VTS has the 16v (Peugeot GTi ish)

Basically the VTS is the top of the range model and has 120bhp and will hit 60 in a good bit less than 8secs, the VTRs were less than 100bhp and are over 9 secs to 60 (don't know the exact figures, there was an early and a late one too which makes it a challenge to remember :pac:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

For fear anyone jumps on that one (as it looks very decent, fresh and has a long NCT), it won't be very quick at all ;)

The VTR has an 8v engine, the VTS has the 16v (Peugeot GTi ish)

You ( or rather I) learn something new every day !

Still ...9+ secs to 100 still is pretty quick

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement