Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Job Carpentry

Options
  • 21-01-2009 11:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I am currently applying for carpentry work in Australia. Don't have the "Qualification" (piece of paper!) but do have the experience and expertise. Is there such a thing here in Ireland of a certificate or recognised qualification? Or is the potential employer likely to ask for same?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

I'm not quite sure I follow. Do you mean you're not qualified, or you are qualified and you just don't have your qualification with you?

Anyway, you do need to be qualified here, and be able to prove it. But if you're not qualified you can get a job labouring for a caprenter. I think these jobs pay only about $4 or so less than a qualified chippie.

Oh, and you need you work safe pass (or whatever it's called over here).

Advertisement