Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shes very old!

• 21-01-2009 11:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭

Took this pic of my gfs dog (i love her to bits), shes 13 and doesnt like to move around much. Her fav past time is lying down!

im happy with it

attachment.php?attachmentid=70972&stc=1&d=1232577451

Any words?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

words as in C&C i'm assuming?

I like the image an awful lot - it captures the creature quite wonderfully. I love the darkness with the light falling from open door(?) on right hand side. I don't like the positioning of her within the frame - way too centered (IMHO). The utter black on the left hand side i think is a bit distracting to the overall composition. To improve i'd suggest a crop which would move her out of the center towards the left hand side and possibly a little towards the bottom of the composition. This will also get rid of some of the 'utter black' referred to above.

My monitor isn't calibrated so I don't know if it would be too dark. The histogram suggests that it may but you can always brighten a smidgen if needed. Nothing too drastic though i'd say.

Nice take. Well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

You need to take a few shots at a time because the door on the left is very distracting...if you crop it off the pic would be too lobsided.
    Also too much floor at the bottom...light is dark too.

On your Dog's health....
    By the pose of her there and what you say it's because the Dog has been overfed in life.
    Normally old people do this unintentionally but it's not very fair on the dog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

red_ice wrote: »
    ... (i love her to bits), shes 13 and doesnt like to move around much. Her fav past time is lying down!

im happy with it....

Any words?

I only hope that you are talking about the dog, if not, I would have few words for you :pac:

The picture is very nice. I would try to crop the right side and also a little the bottom of the picture. There is too much "nothing" that leads my eyes away from the dog. Just an idea.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Did a bit of tweaking - hope you don't mind:
    70975.jpg
    Changed to greyscale, cropped, and enhanced the contrast a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭Howitzer

I like the pic. Samson's tweak is good - it might look warmer kept in colour. I like the warmth of the chair/table.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    I like the image an awful lot - it captures the creature quite wonderfully. I love the darkness with the light falling from open door(?) on right hand side. I don't like the positioning of her within the frame - way too centered (IMHO). The utter black on the left hand side i think is a bit distracting to the overall composition. To improve i'd suggest a crop which would move her out of the center towards the left hand side and possibly a little towards the bottom of the composition. This will also get rid of some of the 'utter black' referred to above.

Thanks very much! The idea was to show some depth, so i stepped out into the corridor to take the picture. On reflection i should have angled the door a little so you would see it more.
    You need to take a few shots at a time because the door on the left is very distracting...if you crop it off the pic would be too lobsided.
    Also too much floor at the bottom...light is dark too.

On your Dog's health....
    By the pose of her there and what you say it's because the Dog has been overfed in life.
    Normally old people do this unintentionally but it's not very fair on the dog.

Again the floor was there to add perspective to the picture. Regarding the dogs health, her vet says shes in very good health for a dog her age, it might just be the angle, shes a very big dog.

ThOnda wrote: »
    I only hope that you are talking about the dog, if not, I would have few words for you :pac:

The picture is very nice. I would try to crop the right side and also a little the bottom of the picture. There is too much "nothing" that leads my eyes away from the dog. Just an idea.

haha! Yea, im talking about the dog! Thanks for the input
    Samson wrote: »
    Did a bit of tweaking - hope you don't mind:
    70975.jpg
    Changed to greyscale, cropped, and enhanced the contrast a bit.

well well well samson, we meet again, long time! Of course, any sort of visual representation of improvement is a great way to learn. Looks good!
    Howitzer wrote: »
    I like the pic. Samson's tweak is good - it might look warmer kept in colour. I like the warmth of the chair/table.

I agree, i like the tweak, but i am very happy with the colour of the picture.

Keep in mind, last night was my first experience with a flash and im very new to photography! Thanks for the feed back everyone

/waits for his pocket wizard money to come in

Advertisement