Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canadian Working Visa

Options
  • 21-01-2009 11:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

So I have already done the USIT student working holiday visa and am looking into doing the under-35 one. Does anyone know if the embassy accepts applications for these directly? I know i would have to apply to the embassy in London, as thats where they process them, but is this actually possible?

I cant bare the thought of USIT pocketing all of my money yet again...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Kid Nothing

nope, agreement that USIT have with the Canadian government meaning you have to go through them, you need a sponsor out their which USIT supply in the form of a sister company out there (can't remember their name), so unless you have a job and company willing to sponsor you out there i'm afraid it's USIT again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 lonelyheart

Yep, I'm in the same boat.... but usit seems like the only way to go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

yeah im looking for anyway but usit to book for my girlfriend, but seems they ahve it wrapped up.

and she wanted to travel a bit before she went, which also seems impossible. they said she has to remain a resident in ireland for the whole process!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Kid Nothing

Táck wrote: »
    and she wanted to travel a bit before she went, which also seems impossible. they said she has to remain a resident in ireland for the whole process!

This is so the Canadian government has a full record of all of your activites before entering the country. Hence the reason they ask for a police cert from every country you've lived in recently. It's all for security reasons, nothing stopping someone going to a different country first, commiting a huge crime and fleeing to Canada where they have a visa and staying there for a year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Aislinnx

USIT really do have a nice little earner on the whole thing. I can ALMOST handle the extra 400 on top of the visa charge, but forcing you to book flights and insurance through them? When i went last time I attempted to obtain insurance elsewhere (my brother in law is an insurance broker so this should have been simple). However USIT insist on that you obtain a policy so high that it is not offered by any insurance company other than their own (Blue Insurance i think its called) meaning you are forced to pay them even more money...

Anyone have any thoughts on who best to complain to about this whole deal?? I know it will not help the case right now but surely they cant get away with fleecing us forever...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

just to let y'all know, the programme is now closed. my girlfriend got hers last wednesday and i checked again today and its closed.

she's lucky i guess, maybe i shouod have got one two, i like this snow!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭fluke

It's temporarily closed, but chances are places will be available soon

Advertisement