Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wages outstanding 81 days

Options
  • 22-01-2009 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Guys,
    If I have wages outstanding of 6.5k euro is there a chance that I may never see the money if the company goes bust?

I have rang 3 different agencies and I have 2 votes yes I will and 1 vote no I wont!!!! :( One told me that all I can get is 8 weeks at a max of 600 euro which will leave me down near 2k.

The biggest problem I have is that there are no jobs within driving distance (That I have seen advertised!!!), I have 12 years IT experience and my only choice is to leave me wife and family at home and go to Dublin or the UK. So that is the reason ~I have not left my job.

There is a chance that the company will get a backer, we have been hearing this for the guts of 4 months and an application is in progress for Enterprise IReland grants, but when this will complete God knows, anyone any experience with this.

I would appreciate any advice, I know you will say "get the hell out" etc, but as I said my only options are a) the dole or b) Dublin or the UK during the week and home at weekend.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 988 ✭✭✭IsThatSo?

I take it you are not the only one not being paid.

Take action immediately, get onto NERA, your solicitor, whatever it takes. If the company goes under you will have to join the list of creditors and you may get some money at some time in the future, or you may not :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭doolox

Employees are entitled to be paid on time, weekly paid 1 week after the working week is completed and monthly 1 month after the month is completed.
    You are not a business man or a trader who can invoice and collect money and sometimes find it hard to get it on time and make allowances to keep the business if payment is delayed.
    If you havn't agreed to this arrangement, your employer is breaking the law.
    What is worse is if your tax affairs aren't in order, payroll done tax deducted and wages paid to you in a timely manner and the company folds the tax man may come after you for questions why? They might find it hard to believe someone waited 81 days for their money. What did you live on for the past 3 months????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

You need to move jobs quickly. Go now before all the others lose their jobs. In my book you dont currently have a job. You have some form of unpaid work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

But before you go lodge a claim with the Rights Commissioner Service under the Payment of Wages Act for unpaid wages.

Advertisement