Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gun Safe

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Darr

http://www.lractive.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=337

Anyone ever used these lads,seems very reasonably priced ? What price to deliver a safe though ?

yes , they are grand .. BUT very small in both width and depth.. it may be a 3 gun safe , 3 SMALL guns maybe ..

You would fit a shotgun and rifle snuggly ( maybe not a scope as well) also the picture shown is NOT of that model ..

Darr

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

If your looking for a secure store can I recommend the following

I have a 4 gun safe from warmflow with a top shelf. It fits my three shotguns and 22 hornet with room for my hunting knife magazine cleaning kit (shells and bullets if I wanted to ) It cost me 250 (I think) its at least 6 year old, excellent value and because its warmflow can be ordered through any hardware no probs.

Fixings included though I added more to the floor

http://www.warmflow.co.uk/gun_cabinets.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 sig226

excellent value and because its warmflow can be ordered through any hardware no probs.
    I have hear a lot of bad things about them.

This is taken from the "Warmflow" link:
    Each cabinet is manufactured from 2mm
    steel plate
    The Infac is 3mm. This makes a big difference.
    Personally I dont think 2mm is nearly enough.
    Perhaps Warmflow make thicker ones, but I have never seen them.
    yes , they are grand .. BUT very small in both width and depth..

Infac also make some much larger safes and can be bought from many RFDs in Ireland.

I see buffalo river in some shops

I suppose when it comes down to it its your preference and also depends what your local guard is happy with. Isnt there two Standards from BSI one on Cabinets and one on safes, Sigg is right on the mark about warmflow being a 2mm (Cabinet), I dont think infac was around when I got mine and the infac and warmflow cabinets appear to be about the same price.

I am happy with mine,it does the job-
    The door locks, it unlocks, the door opens, the door closes and it sits soundly on the wall and holds what I want it to hold.

Good info on safe storage and security over on the BASC website

The choice as they say is yours, here is one that sigg mentioned that is deeper, and very reasonably priced.

http://www.shoot.ie/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=69

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 sig226

I see buffalo river in some shops
    Now they make some serious safes! I saw one a while ago that was 6mm and very large.
    I suppose when it comes down to it its your preference and also depends what your local guard is happy with
    I guess so. Mine is just a personal opinion.

• Advertisement

I agree
    if I was to go again I'd go for the safe style and heavier as there is a tendency not to open the safes when they rob them but to pry it off the wall and take the whole lot so they can get in and out quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭philog

a safe neeeds to be at least 34 cm deep to hold a scoped rifle comfortably

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭johnfaul

If your looking for a secure store can I recommend the following

I have a 4 gun safe from warmflow with a top shelf. It fits my three shotguns and 22 hornet with room for my hunting knife magazine cleaning kit (shells and bullets if I wanted to ) It cost me 250 (I think) its at least 6 year old, excellent value and because its warmflow can be ordered through any hardware no probs.

Fixings included though I added more to the floor

http://www.warmflow.co.uk/gun_cabinets.php

i ve the same one and amquite happy with it although the lining keeps coming off on the door side of the cabinet

I used pva and stuck mine on no hassel since

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭TMC121

I got mine a 4 gun Infac safe from Fingal Sports. Collected it my self and they knocked €30 off the price. Original price €220 I paid €190, Their in the Naul in Dublin.
    www.fingalsports.com

Hope this helps
    TMC

• Advertisement
Advertisement