Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fůck Buttons

• 22-01-2009 1:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭

Just listening to Street Horrrsing by these guys,pretty good stuff.
    Any opinions on them? First Track Sweet Love for Planet Earth is something else! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ph8z8-RCGs

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Just listening to Street Horrrsing by these guys,pretty good stuff.
    Any opinions on them? First Track Sweet Love for Planet Earth is something else! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ph8z8-RCGs

BANNED for using innappropriate language :mad::mad:

Nah only kidding :pac:

Yeah I found the album enjoyable enough although there's only so far they can go with the big wall-of-sound sound I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 JohnGl

It's good stuff. Saw them support Mogwai recently, I was quite impressed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I've had the opportunity to see them a few times and I passed to see someone else each time. Haven't heard the album so I'm still in the dark!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭cavedave

I thought the album was one of the best experimental albums of last year.

Please point out what better so I can go listen to that. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Sweet Love For Planet Earth is a killer track alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭conti

cavedave wrote: »
    I thought the album was one of the best experimental albums of last year.

Agreed, and up there with the best albums period.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭rottenhat

I like the album well enough but to me it seems maybe a bit too simple and straightforward - there's not a lot of layering or density to the sound, and there's nothing about it that is disruptive or unexpected. If you stack it next to something like Beaches & Canyons by Black Dice or some of the recent Skullflower stuff, I think you'll see what I'm getting at. So I would say good, but hardly great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

I saw them at DEAF last year not knowing anything about them and they were one of the highlights of the weekend - I'm not sure exactly how much i'd be into them for home listening but their live show is fantastic!

Advertisement