Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excel football score predictions template

Options
  • 22-01-2009 1:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭

Hi folks,
    I started playing a predictions game against my son where we try to predict the Premier League scores every weekend, and you get so many points for each game depending on how close you were with the score.
    It would be a lot neater in Excel with formulas than writing it out on paper every week.

I'm just wondering if anyone has (or knows where I could source) something vaguely similar already in an XLS file, and I could tweak it then for my own version.

I want to use the score, not just the outcome (Home-win/Draw/Away-win), so you get more points for a 2-1 result if you predicted 3-2 than if you predicted 4-0, etc etc, so there's a fair bit of logic to code in.

It'd be great if someone already has something that I could start off with,

Many thanks,
    /M.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 PhilCo

Stumbled over you post and was tempted to have a go at creating you one. I've put a file on my site that might do the job for you http://www.spreadsheetsdirect.com/files/score_predictions.xls Let me know if it does the job, I might tidy it up and put it on my site as a freebie.

Basically you enter the Home & Away teams and actual scores in the first few columns. Enter your scores for Prediction 1 & Prediction 2. Enter points to be given for a correct prediction ie Home, Away or Draw. Enter the maximum points to be given for getting the score correct. If you get a correct prediction but wrong score you will get less points.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Manuel

PhilCo, you're a star. At first glance, this looks the business. I'll have some fun figuring out your logic, and looks like even I could tweak it to "our
    rules". If I get stuck I might give you a shout.
    Thanks a million for your valuable time!
    /M.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jedgar11

This is great, could you let me know how to edit this spreadsheet for a larger amount of people? Probably about 30 people instead of two? Thanks

James

Advertisement