Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kennels/cattery in Letterkenny?

• 22-01-2009 1:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

My wife & I live in Letterkenny and are looking for a kennels and a cattery to leave the pets in while on holidays.
    Pets welfare & happiness are paramount and as important as the holiday is to us so no converted cattle sheds please !!!
    Can anyone recommend one please ? We're willing to travel (half an hour or so) if that helps.

Thanks,

PK.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭R.D. aka MR.D

the Donegal Animal Hospital have kennels and a cattery.

they both need vacinations and a special one for the doggie so ring asap to get the info. they are really strict.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Pique

Ha! As if I'd leave any creature in their 'capable' hands.
    I did actually ask ages ago to see the kennels and I was refused. Fat chance of letting them keep my pets after that. I have a greater reason why I would not leave my pets in that place which I won't go into here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Rachel 999

Look up www.ibkca.com for quality boarding est, in your county. This is a new group of kennel owners. Seems to have been set up in Cork judging by the amount of members in Co. Cork. but they have members country wide.:):):)
    Pique wrote: »
    Hi All,

My wife & I live in Letterkenny and are looking for a kennels and a cattery to leave the pets in while on holidays.
    Pets welfare & happiness are paramount and as important as the holiday is to us so no converted cattle sheds please !!!
    Can anyone recommend one please ? We're willing to travel (half an hour or so) if that helps.

Thanks,

PK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭R.D. aka MR.D

Pique wrote: »
    Ha! As if I'd leave any creature in their 'capable' hands.
    I did actually ask ages ago to see the kennels and I was refused. Fat chance of letting them keep my pets after that. I have a greater reason why I would not leave my pets in that place which I won't go into here.

it was just a suggestion :o

i've had a lot of experience over the years with them. agree there mite be other problems but have seen the kennels and the cattery, they are grand. surprised they wouldn't let you see them.

hope you find something suitable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Pique

it was just a suggestion :o

i've had a lot of experience over the years with them. agree there mite be other problems but have seen the kennels and the cattery, they are grand. surprised they wouldn't let you see them.

hope you find something suitable.

OK apologies for the somewhat sharp reply but as I said, I have had a particularly poor experience of them and have since moved my pets to a vets in Derry.

Thanks for the suggestion anyway mate :)

@ Rachel 999, thanks for the link but the Donegal entry only has a Cattery listed but I'll check it out anyway.

Any other suggestions folks?

• Advertisement
Advertisement