Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IE blocks Lightbox - can this be avoided?

Options
  • 22-01-2009 2:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭

I was testing a page that uses Lightbox 2 in IE7 and it didn't work because IE disables the scripts.

I know that they can be enabled by clicking on the yellow alert bar and permitting them, but I fear that many users won't do this.

Are most users likely to get this alert? The security setting in my IE7 is Medium-High for Internet zone.

Is there a way to work around this? Maybe referencing the scripts from a trusted host? Google perhaps? (I know they host a number of Javascript libs).

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Theres something else wrong if IE7 is blocking it. Lightbox and it's variants are in-page pop-ups (i.e. it's simply the toggling of visibility of an element already on the page or dynamically added to the page). They are not traditional pop-ups and as such won't be blocked by a pop-up blocker, certainly not IE7's. My IE7 doesn't block it for example.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Are you looking at the page locally, or is it hosted somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭nikimere

i've never had a problem with lightbox on any browser.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Are you looking at the page locally, or is it hosted somewhere?
    This is it - the issue is only when looking at the local file. Phew. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Yep. IE won't interpret Javascript thats kept on the local machine unless the page has the "Mark of the Web" (dun dun duuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnn)

• Advertisement
Advertisement