Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Intrepis Air and Space Museum New York

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

I stayed in a hotel at 46th street and 8th avenue (about 4 blocks away) and it wasn't until the flight home that I read about the museum in a guidebook. So pissed off I didnt know it was there beforehand.. Ah well, gives me a good excuse to go back to NY

Edit: nice pics by the way, love the concorde cockpit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Fabio

Will defo go there in summer when I go over to the US for a month. Great pics there OP!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭vulcan57

Super pictures! One place I just have to go to some day, thanks for sharing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Thats me. I was there the day before the ditching. 26 hours later and I would have got it on camera. While on the flight deck I took a few photos of airaft overhead including a US Airways A319/A320 among others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Intrepid ;)

Been there alright, worth a visit. Very busy though

Intrepid ;)

Been there alright, worth a visit. Very busy though

It was -6 Celsius (22 F) ambient temp (maybe -8 with windchill)when I was there so I had only 6 other people on the deck with me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

i was there pre-revamp,it's a great day out.

i couldn't get over how cramped concorde was!!:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭pclancy

Yeah i rememeber being in the test one in Duxford and not being able to stand up. It really is the racecar of aircraft :) Its inflight entertainment would suck nowadays but who can beat the style and speed of it.

Great shots Bramble!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

yeah its a great day out for any aviation buff... I've been twice in its pre-refurb days. I had a ball :D

• Advertisement

yeah its a great day out for any aviation buff... I've been twice in its pre-refurb days. I had a ball :D

Now I need to go back to the Imperial War Museum in Lindon and get a Washington flight to see the Air and Space Museum at Dulles airport. Have been to the one in the city twice. Must go back now that I have a better camera. Last time was with a small cartridge one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭alpha2zulu

They are really cool pics you have there.
    So sorry I missed the Intrepid during the summer. Was actually walking towards the museum but between the heat and getting a bit lost we gave up on it! Hoping to take a hop to Dulles myself in August so hopefully it wil make up for it:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Was there about 5 years ago, went back in October 07 and October 08 and ti was out for renovations.

Going back in March and will be spending a good few hours there.

Advertisement