Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The PDC Floor Tournaments Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

Dennis Priestly wins 6-4 in the semi final!

Hope he beats Thornton in the final!

Cheers for changing the thread title KingP!

Thornton wins 6-2 in the final against Priestly to claim his second tournament win in two days!

http://www.pdpa.co.uk/ukopen/scotland.php

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Very impressive from Thornton. Only Taylor and Lewis have won both tournaments in one weekend before. I think Thornton will make the top 6 before the years end and qualify for the Premier League.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Wreaking Bar

ratinakeg wrote: »
    Thornton wins 6-2 in the final against Priestly to claim his second tournament win in two days!

http://www.pdpa.co.uk/ukopen/scotland.php

Great win for Thornton :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

was just looking at the scottish players championship results and saw that Anastasia Dobromyslova 6-4 Kevin McDine does that mean that kevin is the first to lose to her in the PDC. not that there anything wrong with that, she's a great player but remember during the grand slam she nearly bet mardle they kept saying will he be the first to be beaten by a girl so is kevin the unlucky one or has she beaten someone before him

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Double Top wrote: »
    was just looking at the scottish players championship results and saw that Anastasia Dobromyslova 6-4 Kevin McDine does that mean that kevin is the first to lose to her in the PDC. not that there anything wrong with that, she's a great player but remember during the grand slam she nearly bet mardle they kept saying will he be the first to be beaten by a girl so is kevin the unlucky one or has she beaten someone before him

No she beat someone in the German Players Championships but I can't remember who it was.

Keep track of these tournaments Saturday and Sunday in Reading;

http://www.pdc.tv/page/NewsdeskDetail/0,,10180~1588913,00.html

Barney in his first non televised events of the year!

Dennis Priestly beats Colin Lloyd 6-1 in todays final!:)
    Who the hell is Louis Blundell who beat James Wade 6-0!:confused::eek:
    He made it to the semi final!:eek:

Blundell has been on the tour for a little while, he has never done that well before. Cracking performance. Gary Anderson, Paul Nicholson and John Part all lost in the preliminary round. Paul Nicholson has come over to try and qualify for the UK Open but I don't think he has won any money yet! Doesn't look like he will qualify unless he stays ove rin UK for a while longer. Both Lewis and mardle lost in first round and so did a few others like Baxter. Just goes to show how competitive the floor tournaments are.

Well done to Priestley, the man is a living legend. That's his third final in a row and he deserved the win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭NeoRox

God I hope Anderson's form picks up soon, he got throught the prelim round but lost 6-4 to Colin Monk.

• Advertisement

James Wade wins Sundays final beating Kevin McDine 6-3.

http://www.pdc.tv/page/UKOpenDetail/0,,10180~1591212,00.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

King retires through illness????

King retires through illness????

Strange one alright!
    Must of had a dodgy curry the night before!;):D

Looks like Anderson won't qualify for the UK Open either. He has had a shocking start to his PDC career and if it stays like this he won't be in any of the majors.

Well done to Wade on a good win and fair play to McDine for reaching the final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 547 ✭✭✭iseethelight

I'm surprised Anderson is doing so poorly I thought he'd do really well in the PDC

McDine did well he must of taken some stick after losing to Anastasia on the first day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Looks like Anderson won't qualify for the UK Open either. He has had a shocking start to his PDC career and if it stays like this he won't be in any of the majors.

Well done to Wade on a good win and fair play to McDine for reaching the final.

I thought the UK Open was open to everyone? I didn't think there was any qualifying process....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭NeoRox

Degag wrote: »
    I thought the UK Open was open to everyone? I didn't think there was any qualifying process....

No, not open to everyone, there are 8 Blue Square UK Open qualifying tournaments.
    Looks like Anderson won't qualify for the UK Open either

With five events left a couple of good runs in tournaments should see him there. He probably only needs around £300 to qualify.

As for the rest of the televised PDC events unless he adjusts fairly quickly he wont qualify.

Apparently even the likes of James Wade and them have to qualify for the open

Taylor wins saturdays final defeating Ronnie Baxter 6-2!

http://www.pdc.tv/page/NewsdeskDetail/0,,10180~1597603,00.html

Taylor makes it a double beating Terry Jenkins 6-4 in the final!
    £12,000 for two days play!

http://www.pdc.tv/page/UKOpenDetail/0,,10180~1597684,00.html

• Advertisement

He seems to wn every floor tournament that he enters. Mick McGowan had his best run in a while on Sunday after losing in the Prelim on Saturday. Another poor weekend for Webster and Anderson, Webster lost first round both days and earned no money while Anderson won one game and picked up £200. Great to see Van Gerwen doing well reaching the semi on Sunday.

Interesting to see Anastasia beat Steve Beaton in the first round!:eek:

Great news lads;

ANDY FORDHAM will make his debut in the PDC in the two PDC Pro Tour events at the Ricoh Arena this weekend.

The 2004 Lakeside Champion has overcome his health problems and a recent back injury to declare himself fit to make his first appearance since deciding to join the PDC.

Fordham will be among over 140 players in Saturday's Players Championship in Coventry - a field which also includes Phil Taylor, James Wade and Raymond van Barneveld.

Both Taylor and van Barneveld will play in their second UK Open Regional Finals in Sunday's event, which includes over 170 entries.

Players competing in the events should read the information relating to car parking and access on Saturday at this page.

Both events will begin at midday, with the format the best of 11 legs throughout.

Best of luck Andy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

Very nice to see him competing again and i hope he can reach his former heights but i think he may struggle in the PDC. Undoubtably in his prime, he was an excellent player but his health scare and subsequant drastic weight loss and absence from the game took a lot out of him imo. I wish him the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭padr81

hope it goes well for him but can't see him even making a last 8 at a pdc event unless he really improves on even his previous best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭ciarraibhoy

I hope the horrible fecker doesn't win a game !

He got knocked out in the prelimanary against Gary Scratchley!

Mervyn King hit a nine darter in the third round against Stuart Bousfield!

Mark Walsh 3-1 up in the final against Phil Taylor at the moment!:eek:

come on walshy. Where u getting latest score

• Advertisement

come on walshy. Where u getting latest score

http://www.pdc.tv/page/NewsdeskDetail/0,,10180~1605349,00.html

Advertisement