Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice Please!

Options
  • 22-01-2009 3:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭

Ok so...

I have toyed with the idea of getting a tattoo for a good while now.Came close to getting on while i was away this summer. I have settled on something I like and that holds a meaning for me.

I would be getting it on the back of my neck underneath my hairline.

My questions are, how small will they do this and how much will it hurt on this area?

Im also not excited/bothered/in any rush, should i take my lukewarm feelings about this as not to do it?
    How should i feel about this?
    Obviously theres the little element of fear/pain factor involved but should i only do this if i really really really feel strongly about this?

Sorry im just confused, i like the idea and what it means to me but dont know if i like it enough to have it on me for life!

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Ok so...

I have toyed with the idea of getting a tattoo for a good while now.Came close to getting on while i was away this summer. I have settled on something I like and that holds a meaning for me.

I would be getting it on the back of my neck underneath my hairline.

My questions are, how small will they do this and how much will it hurt on this area?

Im also not excited/bothered/in any rush, should i take my lukewarm feelings about this as not to do it?
    How should i feel about this?
    Obviously theres the little element of fear/pain factor involved but should i only do this if i really really really feel strongly about this?

Sorry im just confused, i like the idea and what it means to me but dont know if i like it enough to have it on me for life!

Thanks!
    eh how can we know if it can be done small when we don't know what it is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

sorry..sorry... its late and im not paying full attention

It would be a black filled in Latin cross

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭djrlittleton

it can be done very small i wud def advise you not to go to small in that area as it will just not look right imo, i wud suggest approx 4 to 5cm high for the nice shape cross

solid black..

to ans you pain question you wont really notice it there, as for the size and everything you want it will be done a lot faster than you think provided you are relaxed and try to be still.

image92.jpgimage90.jpg i think this is the style of cross that you are referring to?

yep something actually plainer than that. that shaoe cross but with out the detail at the edges. i dunno is anyone familiar with the john rocha jewellery but i like the crosses on his pendants, something like this...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Molberts

Personally, I wouldnt give up that much space (back of neck) to such a wee design, I think it would look lost, but its totally up to you :)

There's no right or wrong answer, it's your body and there fore totally up to you what you put on it ;)

• Advertisement

well im not particularly doing it to show it off, its more about what it means to me and if i choose to show it to people, if you get me? I know this probably sounds obscure to some people on this forum but thats just me i guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Makes sense to me. The kind of look of the John Rocha crosses would be difficult to pull off with simply solid black, you might have to go for graduated shading instead so the overlap effect is obvious

Good point, i only just thought of the john rocha thing today so hadnt thought about the asthetics of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I like the overlapping idea, not sure about something that small on the back of your neck though, have you considered you wrist?
    I think it would look nice there.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭djrlittleton

Good point, i only just thought of the john rocha thing today so hadnt thought about the asthetics of it!

his could be done no prob nice sutle shading and you will have a lovely little tatt, perhaps having the horziontial and vertical lines look like they are tied together with some ropework celtic knot effect??

• Advertisement

yeah just think it would be sore on my wrist!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

yeah just think it would be sore on my wrist!

The wrist does hurt, but it's bearable if it means something to you. :)

aye it does! just need to figure out hw badly i want to get it done now..like i said feeling kinda lukewarm about the whole thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

It's going to be on your body for life, so you're right not to rush into it.

Advertisement