Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rock Band - Worth the Purchase?

• 22-01-2009 3:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 325 ✭✭

I was in Zavvi today and saw Rock Band with all the instruments for €80 and was just wondering is it worth buying?

It seems like a very good price and I currently have Guitar Hero 3 which is good crack.

But I'm just wondering is this game more for a group because I don't really think my GF or mate would play it.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Epitaph

€80 for game and all instruments? :eek: Where?

I'm asking because I saw piles of the standalone drumkit going for €100 last week (no game).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I expect the instruments being sold are the v1 instruments, and have notoriously dodgy drum kits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Stylesclash1702

I would get it for that price its a great game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

I've been advising a friend of mine to hold out for the v2 instruments, primarily for the drums, but that is mighty tempting. Rock Band is exceptional, and leagues ahead of GH. I know you can bring personal taste into things, but taking setlist out of it...

Graphics, sound, DLC, options... All better in RB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

great deal I would imagine that the RB2 stuff will be up on 200 euro, I got RB2 with the kit before christmas and I am still playing RB1 , great game. I will be importing the music to rb2 this weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Fuzzballs

This game is just awesome. Its the only game that me and my mates play when we get together for a session. Buy if you live with mates or get together with mates regularly and have no issues with your neighbours and noise. Dont buy if you are a loner and have no mates :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Its a great game... Went to play it last night n the missus was on it for 2hrs.. She loves it. N she hates videogames....

As for the drum kit reliability, mine are grand n I've had it from the week it was released and its been through two house moves... Still work perfectly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Its a great game... Went to play it last night n the missus was on it for 2hrs.. She loves it. N she hates videogames....

As for the drum kit reliability, mine are grand n I've had it from the week it was released and its been through two house moves... Still work perfectly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Fuzzballs wrote: »
    This game is just awesome. Its the only game that me and my mates play when we get together for a session. Buy if you live with mates or get together with mates regularly and have no issues with your neighbours and noise. Dont buy if you are a loner and have no mates :p

Sure cant the loners go online and make some new friends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Well worth it. Four games in one. Drums, Guitar, Bass and Vocals.
    More songs to choose from and when you get bored you can always download more. Are you gonna go my way been a prime example of a great downloadable choon!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement