Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivium thread

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭fluke

Yeah Shogun is pretty solid!

The we are the fire video is good for an oul chuckle!

As for OC metal I dunno. I think some people just create a genre on the spot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Malice_ wrote: »
    I still want to know what OC metal is!

I think is Orange County Metal. As in metal for the OC (tv show) style posers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

cianl1 wrote: »
    Travis Smith is one of the most amazing drummers in history.

I prefer Nick to be honest, especially from this time in Maruta

Why was Travis fired anyway?
    Mattallica wrote: »
    It's kinda retarded to say that you're entitled to you're opinion. but you're wrong, because then it's not an opinion... ****ing idiot! And yes, i know the post was ages ago, but your retardedness seems to stand the test of time

Wow, I don't even remember saying this...having said, reading it back, I agree with what I said. I seen Trivium so many times and they never got any better. I like their new drummer but their Sepultura cover was useless.....

Actually, I can't think of a single good thing about this band - and the fact their fans would abuse Rob Flynn, Jesus....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

There are two things in Metal in recent years that never fail to make me chuckle, one is Avenged Sevenfold's song 'Dear God' and the other is the facial expressions of the trivium singer in the video for the 'Pull harder on the strings' song. He's trying to be all mean and angry but ends up looking the total opposite

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

Trivium are great to listen to, but look at they just annoy me. :p

I quite like their new drummer, the addition of blast beats is really cool in songs like Pillar of Serpents.

Hoping the new album will be good, I thought Shogun was amazing when it came out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Why was Travis fired anyway?
    As far as i was aware he was having back problems. though i have also heard he wasn't pulling his weight musically either.

DrumSteve wrote: »
    As far as i was aware he was having back problems. though i have also heard he wasn't pulling his weight musically either.

Well, let's hope for the sake of the readers of Metal Hammer, he continues with his career....after all, they did give him an award for being "Best Drummer in the Universe" - that's quite the accolade

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Well, let's hope for the sake of the readers of Metal Hammer, he continues with his career....after all, they did give him an award for being "Best Drummer in the Universe" - that's quite the accolade
    Surely that was a joke that got taken a bit too far? He's not a bad drummer but he wouldn't even be in my top twenty.

Surely that was a joke that got taken a bit too far? He's not a bad drummer but he wouldn't even be in my top twenty.

You'll have to pardon me, I was being massively sarcastic, and yes I also presume that's a joke....they probably gave it to him since Igor retired that year

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

You'll have to pardon me, I was being massively sarcastic, and yes I also presume that's a joke....they probably gave it to him since Igor retired that year
    I didn't think you were serious in fairness so no, you're not getting pardoned ;).

I haven't read Metal Hammer in years. Are its readers really that clueless that they'd vote for him as the best drummer in the universe?

• Advertisement

I haven't read Metal Hammer in years. Are its readers really that clueless that they'd vote for him as the best drummer in the universe?

Metal Hammer holds the awards called the Golden Gods, and that's where these "honours" are given out

The awards rarely recognize talent and rising stars in the UK Metal Industry as they claim, and seem to simply latch on to the bands that have given the magazine the most press

Iron Maiden for example, have been nominated every year since it's inception, that's 10 Nominations and 5 Wins - Best Drummer, Best UK Band twice, Best Icon and a Golden God (lifetime achievement award)

From year to year the awards take different titles and meanings and nobody massively unusual has either won an award or been nominated (except possibly Bring Me To The Horizon)...there's no shock, it's just a PR thing

Every year Metallica also get nominated for best live act

Metal Hammer also don't listen to ANYTHING their readers, or the fans in attendance, have to say at these ceremonies. In 2007 Bullet For My Valentine were booed off stage while performing at the event - this year they actually won the award as the Best UK Act on the sole basis of their triumphant return at Download

I love Trivium. But my music taste is '****' by most people's standards - like I give a ****! :rolleyes: I've been to see them twice, would've gone again if they'd gotten an Irish tour date last spring.
    Are you on TrivÉire by any chance? Maybe I know you? Though I haven't touched that forum in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Travis is a good drummer that is true.

but to state he is better than, or even in the league as the likes of JoJo Mayer or Bernard Purdie or Danny Carey or Mike Mangini or Mike Portnoy... is ludicrous.

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Travis is a good drummer that is true.

but to state he is better than, or even in the league as the likes of JoJo Mayer or Bernard Purdie or Danny Carey or Mike Mangini or Mike Portnoy... is ludicrous.

I know, I think Metal Hammer need some help choosing the name for these awards and giving them to the right people

saw them twice.
    once the night after a nevermore gig a few years back,
    once in cork, (wouldnt travel again to see them )
    both times thought they had good energy but not really my cup of tea tbh.

the Strange Mountain Song is a classic all the same :D:D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNLDLyeepVs

Advertisement