Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got the CCIE Sec

Options
  • 22-01-2009 8:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭

Hey Folks,

I wanted to update as it came up in a previous thread and I didn't want to hijack that one anymore. Just got the news after sitting the Lab today in San Jose, #23276 The Number of the Geek :).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

Well done! Was it as challenging as they say it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭dermCu

Congrats, great achievement.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

Pints on you then Creed.. well done by you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

Well done dude, amazing stuff. Hell of an achievement.

Look forward to a long an prosperous career, now all you got to
    do is nail the Juniper certs too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

_CreeD_ wrote: »
    Hey Folks,

I wanted to update as it came up in a previous thread and I didn't want to hijack that one anymore. Just got the news after sitting the Lab today in San Jose, #23276 The Number of the Geek :).

Unreal!

That's great news congratulations - now you can have your life back! :eek:

Remember "Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish", onwards and upwards!

iRock :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

congrats creed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Barrypr

Congrats man,well done to ya, the number will be going up to 64 then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭accensi0n

Well done man,

You can relax this weekend and start labbing up some R&S topics on Monday. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Thanks folks. Yep it was very tough, it's easy in hindsight to look at the exam and think it wasn't that bad but you have to add up all the work it took to get there and be able to say that (and I did fail in Nov). I've been in hardcore crunch since August last year (averaging about 70 hours a week between study and work which ended up over 80 for the last few weeks). It's not like any other exam in that there are limits to what you are expected to know, if it exists in the version of the software/appliance you are working on then it's fair game, so by the time you think you've studied and practiced everything you need to it's time to start again as you start to really forgetting the stuff you started with. A lot of folks call it a journey and it is, but worthwhile, even before I start trying to improve my career from it simply the amount of knowledge and practical experience I've gained along the way has definitely been worth it.

And yup I'm already planning the next stage :). First start the CCNP in a month or so, then start building to the R&S CCIE. I had to review a lot of CCNP material to bump up my R&S knowledge for the Sec anyway (The CCSP only relies on CCNA level R&S but the CCIE again doesn't care about boundaries from previous exams) so I'm hoping the CCNP will go quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Well done! Thats some achievement

• Advertisement
Advertisement