Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good CPU cooler

Options
  • 22-01-2009 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭

I damaged one of the pins on my arctic cooling freezer pro and I'm looking for another cpu cooler, theres too many coolers out there and I'm not sure which to go for. I want better performance to push my Q6600 (B0 stepping) further than the freezer pro and it has to be very quiet. Watercooling is too expensive for me, so a decent air cooler is what I'm after.
    Heres some new ones I've been looking at;
    Scythe Kama angle I can't find any reviews of this but it certainly looks the part.

Noctua NH-C12P Are there any advantages to a top down cooler?

Zalman CNPS9900 Not out yet

Asus axe square Heres a quote from the description 'Once opened the first thing you will notice is the side of the Axe Square. The second thing you will notice is that the top of the foam is coated in velvet: quality!'

Velvet? Who comes up with this stuff?:confused:

I'd like to buy today, hopefully have early next week, I'm prefer to stick to quietpc.com Komplett.ie or dabs.ie cause others will ride me for postage and all I need is the cpu cooler.

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭alansweeney100

Anyone ever heard of frostytech before? Can I trust their top heatsinks list

That Scythe Orochi looks like some beast, don't even know if i'd get it into my case

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Tuniq Tower 120...one of the best...variable fan speed as well.
    huge muthafcuker though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

Similar to the tuniq, the TRUE is generally considered to be one of the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Had one and didn't find it great.
    Of course the earlier ones had problems with the heatsink not being completely flat and so needed to be lapped.
    Overall I found the Tuniq to be a far better cooler and of better quality.
    It just feels more solid in my hand.

Thanks for the suggestions lads, I've gone a bit mad and bought this one, hope my gamble pays off as theres no reviews or anything like that done for it yet :o
    caseking.de are the only website that have it in stock

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭PaddyTheNth

My Xigmatek S1283 is awesome. Ghost silent and amazingly effective, so if they build your one as well as they did my model you should be ok.

My Xigmatek S1283 is awesome. Ghost silent and amazingly effective, so if they build your one as well as they did my model you should be ok.

I did read the excellent reviews of the coolers they released in 2008 including the S1283, heres hopin they have made mine to the same high standards.
    Wil post results when I get it and I'll be keeping a sharp eye for website reviews too.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Frostytech are pretty good. I work on heatsink design and we've got comparative results to theirs.

That new Xigmatek isn't out for another two months :(
    Not arsed waitin for it so I got me a Xigmatek S1283 dark knight edition (think it has a quieter fan)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 vtec_vinni

i got a Zalman 9xxx nVidia edition.. very good cooler, easy to install.

• Advertisement
Advertisement