Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

discretionary 2:1

• 22-01-2009 11:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭

Hi guys,

just wondering does anyone know how the discretionary 2:1 works? in the college of humanities i heard that its 2.9 but does everyone with 2.9 get it or whats the procedure?

Thanks! :D

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

Depends.

I myself got a 2.9 (2.96 I think) and got a 2.1, while other people I know who got a 2.9 got a 2.2

FYP results may have a lot to do with it, so does if you have shown improvement throughout the 4 year course. These 2 are to be taken with a grain of salt as they may or may not be true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

improvements over the course duration and fyp are taken into account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

is this discretionary thing done by all the departments or just humanities?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

think it's college wide but I wouldn't be surprised if it was a discretionary thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

kaimera wrote: »
    think it's college wide but I wouldn't be surprised if it was a discretionary thing

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I have no hope anyway...barring multiple miracles it's a 2:2 for me.:(

Advertisement