Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Valentines Dinner

Options
  • 22-01-2009 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of any good restaurants in Limerick for Valentines dinner? We've been to The Texas Steak Out, Luigi Malone's, Bella Italia, and the usual Chinese Restaurants. We're looking to go somewhere new this year.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Limerick Bandit

The market square, top of O’Connell st

LB

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Baldie - have a look here for some tips:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055431576

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I highly recommend the Azur Restaurant on O'Connell Street next to Woking. Very cosy and intimate and the food was first class especially the steak, when I was there before Christmas.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 568 ✭✭✭TheLoc

If you want somewhere expensive, quiete and good. try brulées on henry street. went there last year. staff are nice and food was good. the food is that modern kind of small portion stuff but its really tasty and you wont feel sickly stuffed after it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Baldie

TheLoc wrote: »
    If you want somewhere expensive, quiete and good. try brulées on henry street. went there last year. staff are nice and food was good. the food is that modern kind of small portion stuff but its really tasty and you wont feel sickly stuffed after it.

I can't stand that small portion crap! What a rip off! I like to know my money is well spent and my belly knows it!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Baldie

I've heard that the Bakehouse in Bruff is very good. Anyone been there?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

The Thai Gourmet on corner of O'Connell/Glentworth Street (under the White House) would be lovely for a valentines dinner.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 568 ✭✭✭TheLoc

Baldie wrote: »
    I can't stand that small portion crap! What a rip off! I like to know my money is well spent and my belly knows it!! :D
    Yea i'm the same to be honest. but to impress a lady, it does the job. they wont be too stuffed for a bit of shimy sham... haha. Copper & spice above mill bar is nice too. along the river, can be romantic if your into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

bazz26 wrote: »
    I highly recommend the Azur Restaurant on O'Connell Street next to Woking. Very cosy and intimate and the food was first class especially the steak, when I was there before Christmas.
    Agreed. I won't be going back after our last experience there,however. We were given a four seater table when we booked for two. Just after ordering coffee we were told, not in a polite way mind, that there was someone waiting for our table. Two minutes later we were reminded once more so we just got up and left. It completely ruined our night and they didn't even bother to apologise. They even had the cheek to bill us fo the cappuchino that we didn't have a chance to drink. They got zero tip and I haven't been back since.
    Pity because everytime I'd been there before it had been great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

TheLoc wrote: »
    Yea i'm the same to be honest. but to impress a lady, it does the job. they wont be too stuffed for a bit of shimy sham... haha. Copper & spice above mill bar is nice too. along the river, can be romantic if your into it.

Shimy sham!:Phah!

I firmly believe its one of the worst nights of the year to go to a restaurant.The busier establishments are only interested arses on seats,so will rush you every step of the way.If you can find a place that has actual sittings,then you will be much better off.

The weekend after valentines is just as good. Why not hang out at home and have a cooked meal and some drinks,then you wont have to go too far for d'oul shimy sham :pac:;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭andyournameis

Why don't you go to Gallaghers or The Red Door in Bunratty wouldn't it be nice to get out of the city for a change it would make the night that extra bit special
    Both resturants are fab ...... Ring them and they will email or fax the menus out to you

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭LadyTBolt

Why don't you go to Gallaghers or The Red Door in Bunratty wouldn't it be nice to get out of the city for a change it would make the night that extra bit special
    Both resturants are fab ...... Ring them and they will email or fax the menus out to you

I've my table booked at Gallaghers and I can't wait.
    Love it, Love it, Love it.
    The Red Door is lovely too or the Bunratty Manor. With any of those three you can't go wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭EmerBaggott

Hi, Im thinking of booking the bunratty manor for my wedding day reception. Im am going to see it next wk. Does anyone have any tips or advice about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭ham_n_mustard

Hi, Im thinking of booking the bunratty manor for my wedding day reception. Im am going to see it next wk. Does anyone have any tips or advice about it?

never been but i heard the food is decent in the restaurant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭black & white

It has a very good reputation ( rightly deserved ) for food. If you are in the market for a smallish wedding ( I assume you are if you are considering the Manor) have a look at Carrygerry House as well. I've eaten in both and would prefer Carrygerry.

http://www.carrygerryhouse.com/

Advertisement